1,563 results
All reviewspiedmont parkbliss spabliss productsbotanical gardensmodern hotellobby barbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipconciergeuberatlmarta
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had heard about the W brand before and so was expecting something quite cool and stylish. You are greeted with pumping music in the lobby - either I was tired or it was just too loud. I don't know if this happens all the time or whether it was because it was a Saturday. The lighting gives the impression of a nightclub and this theme continues to the rooms. It was all so dark. I wasn't overly impressed with the decor - bits were fine, but others seemed a bit school project-ish (now let's see what we can do with leftover cuts of jazzy wallpaper...). There were some downright cheap ideas ie. no wardrobe,but just a rail for your clothes. You get that in budget hotels! Fortunately, there were floor to ceiling windows, which let the light in during the day.
The bathroom has Bliss Spa products (there is a Bliss Spa in the hotel), which I liked. My room had no bath, just a big shower area. Not a cubicle because it wasn't totally enclosed - just half screened off. The result is a wet floor and you will need more than the bath mat to soak up all the water.
There was an event on in their main bar, which was by invitation only, so we just went to the lobby bar. If you smoke, there is a patio area. I can't remember our waitress's name but she was wonderful. In fact, all of the staff I dealt with were very nice.
I didn't eat in the hotel - there are plenty of places a short walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank makeminealargeone
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello MakeMineALarge.
I appreciate you taking the time to send your review. However, I hate to hear your stay was not up to your expectations. When you have a moment, would you please email me so we can discuss your stay and make this right for you? GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. Thank you again for your review. I hope to speak with you soon.
Lukus Kindlesparker
Hotel Manager
W Atlanta - Midtown

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This W excels in location and service. The rooms are actually larger than most typical "W" rooms and they are nicely appointed. We stayed in room 1411 and it was clean and in good condition (you will see that in some of my other W reviews, I note that the rooms are sometimes a bit rough around the edges...). The desk and room service was excellent throughout our stay. In fact, my toddler son was sick, and I called In Room Dining to ask for ice cream (off the menu). They brought him an entire "get well tray," free of charge.

The gym was small, but had the basic equipment, with free earbuds, apples, water, etc. The restaurant breakfast service was abysmal, but not for lack of trying. All bar, gift shop, front desk, and valet employees were lovely.

We stayed here for a wedding, so we were occupied for most of the trip. However, we enjoyed a brief walk to Piedmont Park. The hotel is a very quick walk to this beautiful location.

The W Midtown nicely served our purposes for a family wedding weekend. It was conveniently located, fairly upscale, and the service was enthusiastic and warm. I would emphatically recommend the W for business or mandatory family travel. I think there are likely better options for pleasure travel.

Room Tip: The rooms do have significantly different configurations so certainly ask if you have a shower/bath, view, or bed size preference, etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nolanative

Hello Nolanative.
Thank you for your review. We really feel that we are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff here at the W Atlanta-Midtown and thank you for your nice comments about them and our property. Sorry your little one was under the weather while you were here too. We do hope to see you back at W Midtown when you are back in Atlanta.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am not a frequent W patron. However, this hotel was the hotel selected for an event I was attending. Driving through the area I was a bit disappointed to see a Four Seasons close by as I would have preferred staying there. However, once I arrived at the W, the level of service was on par with any Four Seasons I have stayed at. The valet offered to have my car washed upon arrival. Upon check-in Tamara was delightful! Honestly, she changed my perception of the W hotel. I value customer service and had one of the best experiences at W Midtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hello SMJason.
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. W Atlanta-Midtown is very proud of our team and we will certainly share this with them-especially Tamara. Thanks again for your nice review and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've been staying here for almost a month on extended business... I've tipped heavily and so far, The W has taken but not given back. Called for the last 4 days to get my mini-bar re-stocked. No luck yet. The rooms are clean and there are nice views. Some odd plumbing but not too bad. I'd hold your tip money until you get some real service however. Very polite... just not big on following-through with basic requests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello ShellyJ.
I appreciate you taking the time to send your review. However, I hate to hear our service was not up to both of our expectations. Please email me directly so that we can make this right for you-especially if you are still staying with us. GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lukus Kindlesparker. Hotel Manager
W Atlanta - Midtown

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The room was clean and had a great view. The only "concern" was a small vanity table outside the bathroom that certainly could use replacing and, of all things, the toilet seemd it needed to be more securely bolted to the wall (I don't think I've ever had to make a comment like that before!)
I will say the service was very attentive and extremely helpful and friendly.There was an overcharge on my bill and it was immediately remedied.

I certainly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello PM914.
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. W Atlanta-Midtown is very proud of our team and we will certainly share this with them. We also appreciate you informing us of the 2 concerns in the bathroom. We have shared those with our Engineering and Style Departments so they can be addressed and corrected. We do hope to see you again when you are back in Atlanta.