“Disappointing Stay in MidTown Atlanta”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #102 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Toronto
“Disappointing Stay in MidTown Atlanta”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The good news is staff is friendly and, for the most part, efficient. On the surface, the property seems to be clean with good attention to detail however, carefully scrutiny would often suggests otherwise.
The bad news is the hotel is getting “tired” and needs attention to things like room furnishings, finishes, other fixed assets and the WiFi (way too slow). My TV did not work properly, there were no umbrellas (it was raining the morning of 17 Oct when I left for a breakfast meeting a few blocks away). Parking @ $32 is egregious in my view. The folks try hard but this is not nearly the standard of the Four Seasons and is really a far cry from the Loews two blocks away (they gave me an umbrella for the day) which is about the same price point (Four Seasons clearly is not). In the end, a disappointment for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello YYZGuy99.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not execute with distinction during your visit. We would love to speak with you directly and try and rectify our shortcomings. Please email us at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com. We look forward to personally working with you.
W Atlanta-Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Toledo, OH
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with a friend for pride. We got a great event rate. Perfect midtown location, very easy stop from the Marta stop which is a direct 25 minute train ride from the aiport. Marta is only a couple blocks away and there are plenty of places to eat at in Midtown by the hotel. Very safe area.

Staff was very friendly. At check in they had pride guides they gave us. I am a Delta crossover member and they recognized that and gave us a nice upgrade and said a 4 p.m. check out wouldn't be a problem.

They emailed me the folio before checkout which I appreciated. My only complaint was after checked I was emailed a revised folio which had mini bar charges on it that weren't ours, so make sure to review your bill. After emailing the hotel we were assured the charge would be credited.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Jamesteroh.
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you had a great stay with us for Pride Weekend. We are so thankful to be the host hotel for that event and enjoy the fun weekend. I do apologize about the charge on your bill. Please let me know if that has not be corrected and I will certainly take care of it. GMWAtlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com We look forward to having you stay with us again next year- if not sooner.
DENVER
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When I am on the road working, regardless of the hotel, I always hope to find someone on the hotel staff who can make things happen. On my recent trip to the W Midtown Terry was that guy. I needed a last minute ice bucket, Terry took care of it. I needed some extra chairs, again, Terry got it done. I travel often for work and know that everything runs more smoothly when a guy like Terry is around. I'll be back at the W Midtown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello ScottWebber.
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. W Atlanta-Midtown is very proud of our team and we will certainly share this with Terry. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit- business or pleasure.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was in town for a business trip and the staff were all incredibly hard-working and kind. Especially Tasha! The venue is well designed and beautiful. I wish the parking structure was easier to navigate and more integrated with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Rebbylicious.
Thank you for your nice review and we agree- our staff is incredible and Tasha is a true gem. And we do apologize the parking garage was a little challenging. Next time when you stay with us try our Valet service.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Midtown is always fun. Terrance is absolutely fantastic and is always super kind and helpful to make sure everything is perfect on my stay and he keeps me and my friends coming back!! Everyone else we encounter are always very attentive to our needs as well. The rooms suit us perfectly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello Waynedcba.
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. W Atlanta-Midtown is very proud of our team and we will certainly share this with Terrance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The place is already beautifully decorated! My sister took me here the night of my birthday. All the staff wished me a happy birthday upon my arrival. ( that detail was in our reservation) The bartender sent three glasses of champagne and my own mini bottle of champagne for me. That was just the beginning. After that was on the table a man came over with warm towels soaked in lavender and lemon so we could clean our hands. Talk about a1 service! The waitress was very attentive and the food came out quickly. I decided I'm going back for some after work drinks next week! I loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello BrandiL.
Great to hear you had an awesome experience and an even better birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am an SPG platinum member so I've stayed at a lot of Star wood properties and W may not be my favorite over all but, the staff is phenomenal. Everyone is so nice and helpful especially in Spice Market. I don't feel like I'm having breakfast in a restaurant. It's more dining with friends. The host Shawn always remembers my name and she makes sure I have my coffee first thing in the morning- she's an Angel for that alone. My server Gail gets my food on the table and my behind out the door in a timely manner. Anytime I'm in Atlanta the W has my business.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Alex2lan.
Thanks for the great review and kind words about our team- we will certainly share this with them! We love our SPG guests and especially our road warrior Platinum guests. Look forward to seeing you again soon!