“Thanks, W Atlanta Midtown!”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #100 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Thanks, W Atlanta Midtown!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was in town for a business trip and the staff were all incredibly hard-working and kind. Especially Tasha! The venue is well designed and beautiful. I wish the parking structure was easier to navigate and more integrated with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Rebbylicious.
Thank you for your nice review and we agree- our staff is incredible and Tasha is a true gem. And we do apologize the parking garage was a little challenging. Next time when you stay with us try our Valet service.
W Atlanta-Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Midtown is always fun. Terrance is absolutely fantastic and is always super kind and helpful to make sure everything is perfect on my stay and he keeps me and my friends coming back!! Everyone else we encounter are always very attentive to our needs as well. The rooms suit us perfectly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello Waynedcba.
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. W Atlanta-Midtown is very proud of our team and we will certainly share this with Terrance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The place is already beautifully decorated! My sister took me here the night of my birthday. All the staff wished me a happy birthday upon my arrival. ( that detail was in our reservation) The bartender sent three glasses of champagne and my own mini bottle of champagne for me. That was just the beginning. After that was on the table a man came over with warm towels soaked in lavender and lemon so we could clean our hands. Talk about a1 service! The waitress was very attentive and the food came out quickly. I decided I'm going back for some after work drinks next week! I loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello BrandiL.
Great to hear you had an awesome experience and an even better birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am an SPG platinum member so I've stayed at a lot of Star wood properties and W may not be my favorite over all but, the staff is phenomenal. Everyone is so nice and helpful especially in Spice Market. I don't feel like I'm having breakfast in a restaurant. It's more dining with friends. The host Shawn always remembers my name and she makes sure I have my coffee first thing in the morning- she's an Angel for that alone. My server Gail gets my food on the table and my behind out the door in a timely manner. Anytime I'm in Atlanta the W has my business.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Alex2lan.
Thanks for the great review and kind words about our team- we will certainly share this with them! We love our SPG guests and especially our road warrior Platinum guests. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The positive:

I stayed at the W on Sunday night 10/06/13 with a friend. The staff greeted me promptly, and checked in quickly. The lobby area is clean, and everything in the hotel looks high end. They pay attention to detail, and made me feel comfortable at the property.
Piedmont Park is only a 5 minute walk which is very convenient. The bed was absolutely amazing, and I slept really well! The next morning, I decided to have breakfast at the restaurant. I was there a little early, and decided to wait till they opened at 630. Ashton, the manager, saw me waiting, and told me she could seat me immediately. I was greeted by Chancellor, I ordered the poached eggs and they were amazing! The service was definitely top notch as well. Drinks were always full, and I had a great start to the morning!

The not so great:
$32 per night parking? Can this be included in the cost of a room instead? Also, the binder in the room says cost is $30 per night. ( should be updated)

Room Tip: If you are a Platinum guest, instead of getting the typical 500 points for your amenity, opt for the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bakir733
Hello Bakir733.
Thank you for your very nice review. We were happy to hear your experience at the hotel was a good one! Parking prices in the city can certainly be surprising but we take pride knowing ours is cheaper than other hotels. And we do apologize about the Compendium being incorrect. We are in the process of updating that as I type. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta. All the best,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Four of us stayed at the W Hotel in Midtown Atlanta last weekend and I was disappointed from arrival. If you happen to arrive by car as we did, the valet stand and entry can become quickly jammed up if the hotel is busy and it was a very busy Saturday. To make matters worse, it seemed like only 3 of the 6 person valet staff seemed to be actually doing anything - the other 3 were standing around talking. Meanwhile a valet wanted me to leave my car running with my luggage sitting on the sidewalk out at the curb of the street, telling my wife and I to go check in. This is a huge no-no in this section of Atlanta and I fault the valet for this bad advice. While I waited to move my car up to a more sensible spot than the street, I witnessed a disheveled individual relieving himself on the sidewalk while another two were sitting on the curb looking all the while like opportunists. I understand big city demographics and did not leave me car as advised - but the valets should know better and maybe all of them should be working?
Once inside, check in was fairly painless. Too bad the room was not. While the view of Stone Mountain was nice, the room was tired and dirty. The old adage taught to most architects and designers is "Form Follows Function". The W gave all that up in a poor attempt at being trendy. The trendy sink design allowed water to splash all over your toiletries whenever you used it. The bathroom did not have a vent fan. The toilet, sink and shower were all in the same 5' x 5' space (couples be advised). The shower was absolutely miserable. It was open to the bathroom so it was chilly and water went everywhere. The shower-head might have been nice if there had been any decent water pressure. There are no towel racks other than a trendy little trellis style rack that you couldn't hang two full size towels on for your life. There was only one sink and the detritus left from a previous guest's shaving was still all over the sink. Funny too because the maids were out in the hallway all morning talking loudly to each other, maybe some of them should actually clean the rooms. Now lets address the noise. My wife and I know from experience to always travel with eye masks and ear plugs - but even these were not a good defense against the noise we encountered in our room! The water pipes banged noisily and incessantly and it constantly seemed as if the guests in the room above us were either bowling or moving the furniture around. The W's motto is Whatever, Whenever. Hilarious because that seems to better represent the staff's attitude. We called down to the Valet for our car only to arrive downstairs to find that no one had even processed our request which caused a 20 minute delay in our day. Whatever? Management should concentrate more on fixing the hotel's basics. Whenever? immediately.

Room Tip: call another hotel
1 Thank SoFlaCouple
Hello SoFlaCouple.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. Obviously, we are extremely dissapointed to hear your experience went this way. We would love to respond to you personally in the hopes of rectifying your stay with us. Please email me directly -GMWAtlanta.Midtown.com so I can assist you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lukus Kindlesparker
Hotel Manager
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Urban chic meets southern hospitality ,,, great location , sleek rooms and suites , clean , well appointed and maintained . all the staff from management , valet services , concierge , house keeping and of course the amazing front desk staff (Brittany ) make you feel like you're a member of a private club...VIP I' travel all over the world for business and pleasure and the staff here certainly is up there at the top of my list !

Room Tip: Suites are fab
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello JayyJayy13.
Thank you for the awesome feedback! We are so thrilled you had a great experience at our hotel and look forward to having you stay with us again. And PS- we love our team here too and think Brittany is amazing!

All the best, W Atlanta-Midtown