“All style and no substance”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #102 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Alton, United Kingdom
“All style and no substance”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Achingly trendy hotel in a good location. Comfortable rooms EXCEPT for the cheap hollow room doors that need SLAMMING to shut them..and that's what everyone does all day particularly the housekeeping staff. Not only did they spend all day cleaning the rooms around me, they slammed doors and yelled in Spanish to each other banging my door with the vacuum cleaner.

I wrote a note to the Duty Manager which has been ignored. No surprise there.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank beoutstanding
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear "beoutstanding,"

Thank you for your review -- I apologize for the ways in which we disappointed you, including the delayed response to your email. I'm not sure of the email you used, but would you mind sending it to me at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com? I'm happy to help.

W Atlanta - Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 11, 2013

For as much as you pay to stay here you would think that the room would at least be clean. You would be mistaken. Hairs in the bath, broken lamps, non-working telephones, and when I asked for a room change I was greeted by pretentious, snotty manager that acted like she was going to 'upgrade' me. They moved me into the same room on a different floor with different broken lamps, non-working phones, etc. Adding insult to injury.... When they moved me they lost all of my toiletries.... Worst hotel stay in a long time. I won't be back, and won't recommend it to any of my friends either....

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wileytcoyote
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear "wileytcoyote,"

Thank you for your review -- I am deeply sorry to hear about your negative experience and apologize. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, I would welcome the opportunity: my email is GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

I do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta.

W Atlanta -Midtown

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm SPG gold. Not impressed with this place. Checked out and went to the Ritz 2 miles down the road. 6 items broken in our room. 1 I can deal with but 6 is just sloppy! Shame on this W. breakfast was very good. Staff was odd and acted like they were new to service. Asked if my kids needed plastic spoons and forks?! What the heck is that all about...lol. I won't be back soon!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew_Destin
Dear "Andrew_Destin,"

Thank you for your review -- we sincerely apologize for your negative experience. We place high value on our loyal SPG members and are sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, I would love to speak with you: my email is GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

We do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta.

New Jersey
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Several W hotels around the world and the only good thing I have to say about the W Atlanta is its location is great. The concierge service was extremely lacking, when I asked the young man what events were going on in Atlanta the weekend of my stay he blankly stared and stated nothing's going on. The suite that I booked was also downgraded the first night due to overbooking. This to me is unacceptable as I stay at Starwood properties all over the world. The W midtown needs new management to bring a higher standard that the W usually stands for.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank BizFamJetSetter
Dear "BizFamJetSetter,"

Thank you for your review -- we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced; we're sorry we disappointed you. We appreciate your Starwood loyalty and do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta.

VA
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is fairly decent hotel in the heart of Midtown. The room I had was fine but nothing special. The carpet was quite worn and the bathroom needs to be re-caulked. Everything is very pricey. 10mins and 6 pages of printing in the business center cost me $11. I hamburger with 3 beers ran me $50. That includes a 22% service charge for the pleasure of my 70 min wait on a Tues night. No, I was not in NYC. The staff is very nice and tries hard. There are some bars and restaurants that you can walk to. The subway is a 10 min walk as well. The W is worth considering if you need a room in Midtown.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheDubb
Dear "TheDubb,"

Thank you for your review -- and thank you for your compliments of our staff and location. We are sorry that you're disappointed in our pricing and apologize for the issues you experienced with your carpet and bathroom.

We do hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in Atlanta.

W Atlanta - MIdtown
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you don't mind the rooms being small, then this hotel will be a good choice.
Service & food was good. Room was clean.
Loved the hot chocolate down by concierge.
Staff was friendly, valet parking quick, solid

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimmichael
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear "Kimmichael,"

Thank you for your review and for your compliments of our staff and services. We apologize that you were disappointed in your room size. On your next visit, you may want to consider booking one of our suites, which are quite large and may better suit your needs.

We do hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here several years ago and was pleased to the point of calling this my favorite hotel in US... So when given the opportunity to stay again I jumped on it. Same great service and atmosphere... Id say the property has aged gracefully, and other than the lobby nothing has changed. The only complaint is having to cross the insanely busy vallet loop, then show room key to the guy working the door, everytime you go grab a quick bite to eat, etc, on weekends. Feels like youre waiting in line and getting ID'd at a nightclub... Almost feels like hotel guests are second priority to the busy club downstairs on weekends... Though he does quickly wave you in and politely greet you. With that said the acura experience was great, and the driver was awesome. The mini bar is incredibly expensive, $5 for a small bottle of water or small can of pringles. No complaints at all on the room quality or clenliness other than minor wear. Id stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear "turbolex,"

Thank you for your review -- we're so honored to have been your "favorite hotel in the U.S.!" And thank you for coming back to visit. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Take care,