“Would not stay there on my own dime”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #103 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Bend, Oregon
“Would not stay there on my own dime”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Room was OK and by OK i mean adequate but there were a series of SNAFUs with my "green" extra points and room cleaning and the in room coffee maker. I would just expect that if they delivered the maker and coffee cups and cream might be included. Do not assume this.
Also, be careful, with the shower. The water changes temperature spontaneously from cold to scalding. I also did not like the constant display of food and drink in the room at gouging prices.

Also, they do not have sundrys for sale. You can buy all kinds of W stuff in the lobby but try to get an ibuprofen. Nada. I had to go to the Four Seasons!

Room Tip: Try different hotel
1 Thank Xenon007700
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear "Xenon007700,"

Thank you for your review -- I regret that we disappointed you. We do offer extra SPG points for guests who choose to decline housekeeping during their stay as part of Starwood's environmentally-conscious initiative, but we're sorry that that caused some confusion. I also apologize for the inconsistency you experienced with water temperature. As for the sundries, the next time you stay with us you may want to check out the food court/mall that is connected to our hotel -- it has a convenience store, barber shop, wellness clinic, etc with many items that guests may not be able to find in our W boutique. Or, you can always ask our concierges for "Whatever/Whenever" service and they will shop for and bring you what you need. I hope that is helpful information.

We hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in town.

W Atlanta - Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 7, 2012

High end service, good attitude from staff, helpful and professional.

Room was very dark and had inadequate lighting. Very nicely designed with great facilities. They have managed to spoil the good looks of the rooms by trying to use almost every surface to sell you something - really, if I am paying these prices, you don't have to push me like its Disneyland.

Lovely fixtures and fittings, bathroom a tiny bit less clean than I would have liked (stray hairs) but otherwise excellent. The bed was just lovely - very comfortable.

Nothing is inexpensive here but its exactly what I expected it to be - quality place.

Room Tip: The higher the better. But don't expect anything other than city views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear "Traveler2504,"

Thank you so much for your review and the compliments of our service and team. I'm thrilled you had an overall great experience, but apologize for the ways in which we disappointed you. I do hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in Atlanta.

Thank you again, and take care.

Orlando, FL
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I met my girlfriend for a girls weekend, & on her recomendation we staid at the W. (I had never staid in one). Well, from the first moment of my late arrival, they took gracious care of this weary traveler. The next day the concierge helped me arrange a surprise for my friend - a car to pick her up at the airport, take us to her son's ballgame, drop off her luggage, then come back & pick us up. Very reasonable $, and greatly appreciated as I had no clue how to get around. The restaurant & bar staff all treated us liked royalty even tho they had several weddings & proms going on at the same time. All in all, I will now look for W hotels first & hope they have the same standards as the Atlanta Midtown!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear "BLKOviedo,"

Thank you so much for your review and kind words -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your girls' weekend and your "Whatever/Whenever" experience here at W Atlanta - Midtown.

We also appreciate your loyalty to the W brand and hope to see you here again soon.

Take care,

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The W midtown was definitely a disappointment from other W hotels I have been to in the past. The bed was awful, mattress was nothing like I'm used to from other SPG hotels, maybe it's really old and worn out but it needed replaced. The place was also in poor repair. Tiles in the shower floor were falling out, my bathroom door was all scratched and fell off the rails, peeling wallpaper, missing, pieces from decor, torn carpet, stains, the night stands were water damaged...just cheap hotel looking or like the place has allowed too many hard parties to go on in their rooms. I ordered room service and got a call back 30 minutes later that they didn't have 1 thing from the order and they offered substitutions....90 minutes later it hadn't arrived. Just as I was going to call, they called me and said they had forgotten it and they'd be up in 5 minutes. They finally brought it over 2 hours after I ordered. The food was good, I will say that is still pretty consistent with other SPG hotels. The staff was hit or miss, some were very polite and helpful and others rude and abrupt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lynzbee
Dear "lynzbee,"

Thank you for your review -- I sincerely apologize for the negative experiences you encountered; we pride ourselves on exceeding every guest's expectations and I regret that we failed with you. When you have a moment, would you please email me so we can discuss your stay and make it right: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

Thank you again for your review; I hope to speak with you soon.

Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is great. The staff is great. The most uncomfortable bedding i have ever had. They need to upgrade their bedding desperately. I was told by the housekeeping staff that the W hotels have the minimum standard in all of their bedding. The mattress pads are so uncomfortable they should be removed and burned.

Room Tip: Don't stay here until they upgrade their bedding.
1 Thank 777rose
Dear "777rose,"

Thank you for your review -- we appreciate your compliments of our team and hotel, but are deeply sorry for your experience with bedding. The comments regarding our bedding are disappointing -- so many guests love our beds (so much so that W sells the full bed in our online store -- mattress, sheets, pillows and all). If you have a moment, I would love to discuss your stay with you and make it right -- when you have a moment, please email me at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

I sincerely hope you'll try W again. And thank you again for your review.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Did you ever feel like you were the uncool kid and somehow you got invited to the super-cool kid party? That's how I feel at W's. I try to hang with the hip crowd but deep down I just want your basic, stuffy "business" hotel! I don't want to have to worry if my outfit is hip enough for the meeting I had to attend. I'm joking here but you get the idea!!
The food at the meeting excellent and very creatively themed. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear "hotelpro18411,"

Thank you for your review and the chuckle -- regardless of your outfit (which I'm sure was plenty hip), it's undeniable that you have a great sense of humor. Thank you again for staying with us and the kind compliments of our food and service.

We hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Take care,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I have a mixed feeling after my stay here.

Things that went wrong:

- arrived after a 30 hour fligt and was welcomed and helped by 2 arrogant and unhelpful front desk employees
- i waited 3 hours for my room as frontsesk employees couldn't care less. Even after i explained that i just had a 30 hour flight.
- had to pay 35 usd to make use of sauna (even as a platinum member)
- my laundry next day was not delivered ontime and was promised every 30 minutes to arrive within the next 30 minutes a d that lasted 4 hours - which resulted in me missing my meeting because i couldnt leave without my laundry.

What was done about it:

- tamara the manager on duty solved every problem within minutes, my lunch was compensated, didnt pay for laundry and hotel paid for taxi that brought me to next hotel. I also got compensated with extra spg points.

Why i leave with mixed feelings is because i felt like i was not taken care of and constantly was promised something which didn't happen. The sunny side was that Tamara knew how to solve it and changed my mood from being grumpy to being happy again, that's a skill that not many people have and this hotel should be happy to have her. In contrary to that the 2 ladies who were on duty when i arrived did not give me te same level of experience which i experence at any other spg hotel around the world.

I do recommend this hotel for if you want to celebrate something as it is quite funky and the brand experience is good. As a business traveller you might want to consider a different hotel.

Also my compliments to the front desk girl who came from South Africa, she was very kind and helpfull

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank bergo
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear "bergo,"

Thank you so much for your review -- I will pass along your kind words to Tamara. While I'm thrilled to hear that our team resolved any issues you experienced, I'm sorry that you encountered these problems during your stay.

I hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta -- when you do, please let me know and we will make sure your stay is flawless: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com

W Atlanta - Midtown

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels