1,568 results
All reviews piedmont park bliss spa bliss products botanical gardens modern hotel lobby bar business trip valet service midtown hip concierge uber atl marta
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding. Property is nice but aging, could use some detailed maintenance. Service and staff was excellent, quick and friendly. More lighting in the rooms would be helpful. Spice Market restaurant was very good, half price wine bottles on Thu.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear "TheAintz,"

Thank you for your review -- we're especially glad you enjoyed our service and staff and appreciate your comments about maintenance and lighting. Thank you also for visiting Spice Market and taking advantage of half priced bottles of wine!

We hope you'll return soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in Midtown Atlanta several times in the past, but never at the W. the hotel is large an oddly attached to a not so amazing mall. But if you do not walk through the back doors on the second floor you'll never notice. The room was great - my favourite room in quite some time. The staff was helpful upon check in providing their observations on my proposed sightseeing and improving the plan on our short visit. If you like midtown, which I do - the location is great. I you are looking to be elsewhere in the city, the MARTA is fairly close

• Stayed: August 2012
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear "dorsburn,"

Thank you for your review -- we're thrilled you loved your room and our location in Midtown Atlanta. If you'd like, before your next visit, please email me and we'll give you a heads up on new restaurants, great art exhibitions, events, etc. so you can discover even more of the city: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

We hope to see you again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My mother and I stayed here on the last leg of a cross country trip. We wanted our last night on the road to be in a nice hotel. This hotel is dog friendly but at a hefty price. We purchased the night from orbitz who said that there would be a $25. pet fee and a $100. pet deposit. We were told that we could get the deposit back if no damage to the room. However, when we got there the hotel had us sign that the $100. was non refundable. We were able to get our $100 back from Orbitz since we specifically asked this question and they told us the wrong answer. The other problem with having a pet here is there is only one tiny patch of grass for them to potty on and it happens to be right on a very busy downtown street.

Other than that, the hotel was very lovely and had great food via room service. We liked the view and the beds were very comfortable. I will stay here again without my pooch!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear "E T,"

Thank you for your review and kind words -- we do hope you'll stay with us again soon. We apologize for the confusion with Orbitz and our pet policy. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions before your next stay with us: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. (Also, here's a tip for the next time you're in Atlanta with your pooch -- our neighbor, Piedmont Park, has a fantastic dog park you might want to visit. Dogs and people love it!)

Take care and safe travels,

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, safe with bars, restaurants and shops within walking distance.

The hotel is on the dark side, low lighting throughout. Facilities are good with all you would expect of a 5 star hotel, shop, bar, restaurant and gym.

Rooms are well furnished and beds very comfortable. Loud music playing in the lift by rooms far enough away for it not to disturb your rest.

The only down side was the staff didn't know alot about their facilities (which floor the gym was on) and wasn't able to provide me with information on the surrounding area (where the nearest drug store was) when asked.

Room Tip: Away from the lift due to music being played loud when doors open.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Marketing Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear "horshamsussex,"

Thank you so much for your review and compliments -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and got to enjoy our lovely Midtown Atlanta neighborhood. We are sorry you weren't given an excellent answer to your question about our gym location and surrounding area -- we pride ourselves on having a staff full of "insiders" who can speak to the top restaurants, events, and entertainment venues. The next time you stay with us, please visit the concierge desk in the lobby -- in addition to our concierges being knowledgeable about happenings in Atlanta, we also have printed out our recommendations for dining (both within walking distance and "worth a drive" options around town), plus a weekly listing of top events in the city.

Please do stay with us again -- we'll look forward to it.

Cheers,

Tucker B.
Marketing Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

When you enter this hotel you know that it is trying to be different from most mainstream city hotels. The lobby is seductively dark and the decor inspiring. The staff is good.
My room was very well lit, had a great bed and a plenty of electrical sockets. I also liked the large mirror and funky decor. The bathroom was compact with no bathtub which I did not like. I did like the good quality towels, however.
My mini bar was full but not switched on/ working (not sure which). There was a good choice of tv channels. At check-in I was asked whether I would like a coffee machine in my room. This was promptly brought up with a good selection of coffee, teas and creamers.
The location in mid-town is not near any shops and on Sunday the area was very quiet.
In summary I liked the hotel except for the lack of a bath tub.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank heb999
W-ATL-Midtown, Marketing Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear "heb999,"

Thank you for your review and compliments! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll visit again -- when you make your next reservation with us, please inquire about suites with tubs (we'll be sure to send up some Bliss spa bubble bath for you as well!). Also, while Midtown is known for being home to top Atlanta attractions and restaurants, you may enjoy venturing just under a mile away to Atlantic Station for shopping (it's a great outdoor, mixed use community) or 4 miles north on Peachtree to Lenox and Phipps Plaza (both upscale malls) -- we can arrange for our Acura service to take you there.

Hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,