“Lovely Service & Room.”

Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Washington DC
“Lovely Service & Room.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great service and value here. We used our Starwood Points and stayed in a metropolitan suite. Great room. Service was super fast. Valet was also very quick (and they had a wedding and another function going on during our stay). The location was convienent enough and across the street from Whole Foods.

1 Thank Shaulie
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Shaulie,
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review and Starwood loyalty. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and service. We hope you will choose to visit our Metropolitan Manor again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
Richboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta on a visit to Emory University with our son. It was low season when we stayed, so the rooms were only 12,000 points each per night - a great deal for a luxury hotel. Our expectations were very high, as we've stayed at the St. Regis in Deer Valley the last couple of years and it is, without a doubt, the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The St. Regis Atlanta did not disappoint. The rooms are gorgeous and so well designed. I love the way the rooms have a little foyer in front where the connecting door is. That makes for no hallway noise and a little privacy from the kids' room.

Of course, the beds were crazy comfortable, and the bathrooms were beautiful (with the über cool tv in the mirror). The hotel wasn't able to give my kids a connecting room with two beds, (it was a somewhat last-minute trip) but had a full-sized twin rollaway waiting for us when we checked in, at no extra charge.

My younger son had breakfast in the restaurant while the rest of us were at Emory, and it was quite the experience for him - he said he was treated like royalty. We didn't eat at the hotel, but went to the bar for a glass of wine at night. There is a beautiful, quiet, sitting room off the bar ( which is a big Atlanta hot spot), where they were happy to serve us as hotel guests. We walked around the hotel some, checking out the public spaces - every bit of it was stunning!

I just wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bjaws
Dear bjaws,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We value our loyal SPG guests and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and service during your stay. We extend our best wishes to your son during his college selections and hope that if your travels bring you to Atlanta again we will welcome you as our guest.
South Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Our plush and well- decorated room was on the fifth floor complete with a large balcony; unfortunately looking out at a six story parking garage and office buildiing! The beds were heaven sent, along with a subdued color pallete that was quite pleasing. However lighting in the room was non- existent! One could go blind! In the bathroom it was adequate.
We were invited to a black tie formal wedding held at the hotel. Thus, one star removed. The accomodations from the staff were nill. Everything negative and they would not budge after requesting politely for simple things... how unfortunate as I have never had this problem at any five star hotel chain- Ritz, Mandarin, etc...
As an attendee of the wedding it was glorious and breath-taking. Service and food not up to par. With that being shared, the hotel can always find ways and means to address a simple request. However it rests upon the waiter and waitress' judgement that the guest must ask.

Room Tip: Enjoyed room 558. Nice location!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sterlingtravelgal,
We appreciate your feedback and extend our sincere apologies that your visit was anything less than exceptional. Your comments on our services have been shared with my fellow leaders to improve our service for future guests. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you to our address in the future.
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had an excellent experience at your hotel for our 34th Wedding Anniversary! Our bellman who helped us with our luggage in our room was extremely knowledgable. I only wish I could give you his name. We only had a few small problems. We were charged for something we didn't drink so I called them to adjust the bill and we ordered a bellman to come get our luggage and no one showed up for over an hour so my husband carried it down himself! Otherwise we would have given you 5 stars! Loved it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear ccsimm0ns,
We extend our best wishes to you and your husband on your anniversary and are honored you shared your special occasion with us. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these kinds of details to our attention allows us to improve our services and we extend our apologies for your inconvenience. It will be our pleasure to welcome you to our address again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

It was a great experience. I have never experience such a great room. Rooms are somewhat bigger than regular but they are royal.
It's little expensive but worth for a royal stay/ vacation.
Food is good but little expensive.

To sum up, I liked the place and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Ankitjhamb,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our elegant accommodations. We hope to extend our genuine Southern hospitality with you again in the near future.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 8, 2014

All the rave reviews you will read about this hotel are 100% true! I travel to Buckhead for business once a year and always stay at this property. The staff is incredible, the rooms are incredible, the banquet services are incredible and I really can't find one flaw with the place....except I can't stay there more often!

To bring a different dimension to the reviews, I'll tell you about staying here as a part of a large work convention. May be helpful if you are looking to plan a corporate event, wedding or large party...

Here are my top 10 reasons I love attending huge events at the St. Regis in Buckhead:

1. For large dinners in the Astor Ballroom, the wait staff wear white and all serve at the same time. Totally synchronized. Very classy.
2. For all day meetings, we had a "snack bar" around 3pm. Wow! Pizza station, fresh popcorn, baskets of full size candy bars and mini Coke bottles. A great boost after 7 hours of meetings with 2 more still to go...
3. Buffet meals are delicious. I mean, seriously delicious as in better than dinner across the street delicious.
4. The front desk was ultra accommodating to give us late check outs (when they can), store luggage and streamline the check out process so we can get it all done on a 10 min break! Other hotels do this, but the St. Regis does this flawlessly.
5. Great nooks 'n crannies for making calls, using tablets, having private conversations, having impromptu 5 person meetings and just lounging in a beautiful setting. Not too stuffy, not too modern, the décor is just right.
6. The Astor Ballroom is drop dead gorgeous. The huge, blown glass chandeliers are quite a site. Crown molding, recessed lighting, beautiful patterned carpet and a matching color pallet to the guest rooms make this massive space very cozy. The room itself doesn't show a lot of wear ‘n tear.
7. The restrooms we use by the Astor Ballroom are just as gorgeous. Chrome and black marble. Very spacious for primping (I use the ladies, can’t you tell?) and close by so I don’t have far to walk.
8. Nice “library” hallway and staircase for taking professional photos. I had mine done at the meeting and this backdrop is better than I could have done at my office.
9. Trade-show style booths work nicely with lots of natural light, giving everyone ample space to move around.
10. Classy notepads in the meeting rooms. Not those small 5x7 sheets. But large 8x10 notepads with many pages set on cream linen paper. My favorite souvenir from Atlanta! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a "city view" overlooking the pool. So beautiful, and you'll hear the music t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Kcenders,
I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for sharing your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our corporate clients are some of most discerning guests and your compliments are a gift I look forward to sharing with our entire staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you to our address for business or leisure very soon!
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'm a big fan of the St. Regis in Manhattan and have been eager to try to the Atlanta outpost of the group. I did and was not disappointed. The St. Regis, Buckhead, is of course a much newer hotel than the flagship in New York, so that old world elegance is not there, but the hotel is so beautifully designed and furnished - along with that impeccable St. Regis service - it serves the brand admirably. I've stayed at a number of five star properties throughout the south and the St. Regis is far and away the best hotel in the region. The complimentary Mercedes car service within a two mile radius of the hotel is a very nice touch. Worth the price.

Room Tip: You can't get a bad room here
Dear MNtravelman,
Thank you for your compliments of our address. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased to know you enjoyed the convenience of our complimentary Mercedes car service. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.