“Doesn't meet expectation as compared to other St.Regis”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before, and i stayed here with a friend of mine during the recent Atlanta snow fiasco. The hotel on other occasions seemed really good to me. But being a luxury hotel that belongs to a chain of highly prestigious SPG group, the recent experience left a sour note. The hotel does not have enough inventory to serve dinner to its guests when the roads shut down in Atlanta on day 1? We were told dinner service was not available at 9 pm. We went to the bar next door for dinner. The bar did a 'last call' at 11 pm,even though there were many people stuck and nothing to do. The one person i liked interacting with was a staff who was stuck at the hotel with her dog, she brought me warm covers to make my self on a small sofa/chair and was really pleasant to talk to.
The front desk was of no help in terms of even advising to maybe make myself comfortable on a lobby chair, even though i am a Platinum member of this chain.
I normally love St.Regis but when it mattered the most, St.Regis, Atlanta went down just like the rest of the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Wanderlust1809,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we extend our apologies that your visit was anything less than exceptional. The unfavorable weather conditions in Atlanta were a struggle for our operations. Our limited menu offering was created to help our limited staff provide the best experience to our guests with the supplies given since our scheduled deliveries were unable to reach the hotel in the dangerous road conditions. We value our loyal SPG guests and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known when you return to Atlanta.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Atlanta

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My first time at the Atlanta St Regis and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Initially disappointed upon check in as platinum and no suites available, no club lounge/lounge benefits, etc and then the new SPG choice for platinum amenity...500 points OR breakfast.....really??.......the charming young lady at the front desk (Brooke) tried her best to help. Room was great, spacious, elegant, great bathroom toiletries. Breakfast in the Club Astor was excellent as was the service, had dinner there with a colleague after escaping another local restaurant that was reco'd but was virtually deserted, happy we chose dinner at the hotel. The Great 2" Snow Storm of 2014 was another adventure, city closed down for a couple of days, staff had to sleep at the hotel (as did many weary Atlantans that couldn't make it home and ended up sleeping on any horizontal space in the public areas on Tuesday, that evening people were sleeping in grocery stores, Target, etc, quiet an urban disaster), the St Regis took it all in stride and made all feel welcome and well taken care of. The bar staff (Leo and colleauges) were charming each evening despite everyone working multiple 16 hr days in a row, same with restaurant staff and room service, and car valet/front door guys. Thanks to all for taking such good care of everyone during this exceptional period. Couldn't think of a better place to wait out the snowy/icy weather.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear adventureofalifetime,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. Atlanta’s “winter storm” was crippling to our city but I am thrilled to know our staff’s commitment to service and hospitality shinned through to our guests. I appreciate your feedback of our SPG amenities and upgrades and I have shared your comments with my fellow leaders. I hope you will return to our address when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Quick review - more to come later but generally poor service if you have reasonable expectations. I realize Atlanta was struggling with bad weather but the staff was generally not very customer focused and overall I was pretty disappointed with this property.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Marc D,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The unfavorable weather conditions in Atlanta were a struggle and we extend our apologies that your visit was anything less than exceptional. Please contact our executive office if you would like to share any additional feedback from your stay. Your feedback is a gift which allows us to improve our service for future guests. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I returned to the St. Regis about three years after first staying here. It is still a totally satisfying experience. It's a joy to stay here. But I do want to nitpick three things:

> Food is still mediocre. "Banana split" from room service was three scoops of ice cream in a bowl, half a caramelized banana riding on top, a small amount of fudgy chocolate sauce, and a heaping helping of sprinkles. Not very traditional, and decidedly NOT an improvement on traditional. At breakfast, the bacon was floppy and the toast was cold. These are forgivable but not when paying 2 or 3 times normal rates.

> As mentioned by another reviewer, the mini bar is quite noisy. To some extent, it makes pleasant white noise, but it also whines occasionally. It didn't wake me up but made it slightly more difficult to get to sleep. (Like I said, I'm nitpicking.)

> Most disappointingly, there's no more morning coffee service from your butler. In my previous review, I noted how blown away I was to have a butler ring the doorbell slightly after my wakeup call, with a tray of coffee and a newspaper. I realize this is labor intensive and probably cost prohibitive to provide, but it was incredibly distinctive and added a WOW factor. Perhaps the hotel should have added an in-room coffee station when they did away with coffee delivery. There is one coffee station near the restaurant but, of course, it means you have to get fully dressed before your first cup of coffee.

So, this is still an amazing property, but I would suggest bringing your own snacks and going elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear ToughCritic36.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve and your feedback will be shared with our leaders and staff. We hope to welcome you to our address again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Every detail of our stay was complete perfection. Of course, the customer service was phenomenal. Everyone was so kind and helpful, always thinking of what we wanted before we did. The rooms were beautiful, the hotel was stunning - every inch of this hotel is spectacular. The bar is a great little hot spot; the food (room service included) was top notch - especially the honey, which always found its way on the side of my dish. We loved the nightly champagne toast as well as the turn down service, which was wonderful. We never wanted to leave the room. We did venture out for dinner at Chops which was conveniently located right next door. The St Regis made everything about our trip special, especially the anniversary dessert waiting in our room for us!

Room Tip: the St Regis suite is worth every penny!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear pasha00,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and noting our nightly sabering ritual. Dating back to the times of Napoleon, the art and tradition of sabering is our way of celebrating the arrival of the evening at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff at The St. Regis Atlanta truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectation. Thank you for your compliments and I look forward to sharing them with our entire team.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel was amazing. The property is beautiful and rooms were decorated lovely. The service is superb. I treated myself to this hotel deciding not to stay at the Mandarin. I was very pleased with my choice. You can't go wrong. I even took advantage of the car service. Riding in style. How can I stay anywhere else when I come to Atlanta. Love this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Nikfin00,
It is a pleasure to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and utilized our house car service. Our staff strives to provide exceptional service and we appreciate your acknowledgement. We hope to welcome you to our address again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times and really think this is the best hotel in Atlanta. It's nice and new, has a nice pool and great gym and I think the staff tries really hard to please. The only knock I could make is the location. It's across the street from a Whole Foods but a good ten minute drive to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza in the heart of Buckhead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear 2Million2Miler,
Thank you for your compliments of our address. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that we can continue to welcome you when your travels bring you to Atlanta.