“Atlanta's MOST Prestigious Hotel”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #7 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 21, 2013

WOW What an experience. We went down for the two Phish concerts in Alpharetta last week and could not have been happier to have stayed here. Azee at the front desk was a genuine sweetheart and gave us a gorgeous grand deluxe room with large balcony. Thanks again and we will definitely return soon!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Jack A,
I appreciate your comments and have shared your complements with our staff. I hope to welcome you to our address again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took advantage of a summer package allowing Friday noon checking, 2 free drinks at the pool, free valet and Internet access. We selected the Metropolitan suite and it was gorgeous and clean, we loved it! It was on the 6th floor, close to the pool. We arrived between 1 and 2pm. Our room was ready, we had a very pleasant checkin and headed for the pool where we enjoyed a late lunch with cocktails. We had no trouble with seating and the staff was attentive and helpful.

We enjoyed dinner at Chops, which is next door. Walked back over to the hotel for drinks at the St. Regis bar. It was a little crowded and loud when we got there but the crowd thinned out before we left.

We enjoyed our evening and had a good night's rest. Ordered our complimentary coffee and Bloody Mary which were apparently delivered to the wrong room. After we called back to check, we quickly got our drinks. This was the only glitch and not a big deal.

Beautiful and luxurious hotel and we celebrated my hubby's birthday in high style. I hope we can go again soon!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G

Dear Kathy G,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Summer Friday package is a wonderful offering allowing access to our award-winning Pool Piazza. We are pleased to know your stay was pleasant and we appreciate you celebrating your special occasion at our address. We look forward to your next visit again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although we live about 1 mile from St. Regis in Atlanta, my family and I (my husband and 8 year old twin daughters) have stayed at this St. Regis several times included opening weekend. The girls love the pool especially. We also love the beauty of the hotel, the attentiveness of the staff and the proximity to wonderful restaurants. This last stay was on a very wet 4th of July, and we had decided to stay in Atlanta and not head to our normal beach trip. Such a nice change of pace! Love St. Regis!

Room Tip: Although we love the Metropolitan Suite, the St. Regis Suite is larger so if you are traveling with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kelley O,
It was a joy to read your kind comments on your recent stay at our address. Our younger guests are just as discerning as our adult guests and it is a pleasure to hear your children enjoyed their stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed with friends at St. Regis over Father's Day. Location of the hotel was perfect for walking to dinner and the surrounding watering holes. Car service also made it easy to get around. We stayed in room 818 & 816 and they were perfect. Attention to detail was evident and everything was top notch. Since our rooms weren't immediately available they provided 2 rounds of drinks which was a nice $130 gift. Very classy. Pool area was great, service around the area was also impressive. Everyone is waiting to take care of your every need at this hotel. Will return to this location!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear RodG,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you to our address again very soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions living in Atlanta and needing a weekend getaway from time to time. The hotel is beautiful as is the pool area; however, when staying at a hotel at this rate I expect to be able to sit out at the pool. There was often a wait for chairs (1 - 2 hours) and there are only 5 tables at the outdoor restaurant and 3 bar stools. I tried to have lunch at the bar when the tables were taken and they bar stools were held for over an hour for two guys who purchased wine and returned 1 1/2 hours later to drink it.

When I pay a St. Regis nightly rate, I expect to be able to relax by the pool or eat at the pool restaurant at any time. Definitely not a given and if you are staying or the weekend, you may miss a whole day at the pool if you don't grab a chair at dawn.

I am delighted that Atlanta has a St. Regis, but a lot needs to be done to bring it up to the quality of the St. Regis brand. Also, if you are expecting a pool view, best to confirm right before you can cancel because it is rare that you can get such a view.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, but don't count on it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank krisvik
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear krisvik,
Thank you for sharing your comments. We understand your concerns regarding space at our Pool Piazza and my fellow leaders are working diligently to improve this experience for our guests. It is our priority to exceed the expectations of our guests under every circumstance and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our award-winning service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

As Starwood Preferred Guests and residents of metro Atlanta, we are acutely familiar with the Starwood offerings in the area, and the St. Regis is by far our favorite. We love the pool area, and the staff is ever-present without being overwhelming. We always manage to make our dinner reservations outside of the Bentley's range, but it's a beautiful car that they'll use to take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. We really enjoy breakfast by the pool, and though the menu is limited, they'll make whatever you ask for.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank shley17

Dear shley17,
We appreciate your compliments of our address. Our staff strives to provide memorable service that is unobtrusive and I am pleased to hear that you have experience that service during your visit. We appreciate our loyal SPG guests and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

So, I guess if I were the Manager of a hotel, I would be thrilled that it is doing so well, that there are people busting at the seams there! With that said, as a patron, I really could have used a little less people in my space. Let me start with the good things about the hotel. The service is impeccable! Every single person that we encountered was very friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that we had a wonderful stay. The room was absolutely gorgeous and very clean! My husband is a clean freak, so I'm always holding my breath when we walk into a hotel room, but thankfully, I was able to let out a huge sigh of relief. So pristine!

So, here's the downside. We arrived around 3:00 and went straight to the pool to relax in the sun and have a few cocktails before getting ready for dinner. There were NO chairs. I'm not even talking about lounge chairs, of course they were all taken (by towels, if not people,) but there were no regular chairs to sit in, either. Apparently, you have to put your name in for a chair, and when we did that, there were still several people in front of us. When we finally did get a chair, about an hour later, it was in the shade. :( There was nowhere to sit along the side of the pool because all of the people that had towels in their lounge chairs were sitting there. It was so frustrating! So, after a couple of hours of not enjoying ourselves, we just decided to get ready for dinner. We went next door to Chop and it was delicious! Great recommendation by the front desk. After we went out in the city a bit, we decided to just go back to the hotel and relax with a drink in the hotel bar. It.was.packed! Packed by locals, not guests. It took us 15 minutes to even get up to the bar to get a drink. Then, we couldn't find anywhere to sit to enjoy it. So, we just called it a night and went to sleep in our extremely comfortable bed. But, what a bummer! Perhaps I just had this image of grandeur in my mind of how our anniversary night would be in this 5 star hotel, and it wasn't reality. I was so disappointed and to be honest, I wish that we hadn't spent the money to stay there. We could have stayed at a lower scale hotel, and actually been able to enjoy the pool and bar because EVERYONE else didn't want to be there.

We probably won't be returning. But, I will say that if you don't plan on utilizing the common areas, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YeahMon_11

Dear YeahMon_11,
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and enjoyed our concierge’s recommendation. I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at our Pool Piazza and St. Regis Bar. These are our most popular areas and we are currently working to improve the service and atmosphere for our guests. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.