“More impressive than Ritz-Carlton”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“More impressive than Ritz-Carlton”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed with friends at St. Regis over Father's Day. Location of the hotel was perfect for walking to dinner and the surrounding watering holes. Car service also made it easy to get around. We stayed in room 818 & 816 and they were perfect. Attention to detail was evident and everything was top notch. Since our rooms weren't immediately available they provided 2 rounds of drinks which was a nice $130 gift. Very classy. Pool area was great, service around the area was also impressive. Everyone is waiting to take care of your every need at this hotel. Will return to this location!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear RodG,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you to our address again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions living in Atlanta and needing a weekend getaway from time to time. The hotel is beautiful as is the pool area; however, when staying at a hotel at this rate I expect to be able to sit out at the pool. There was often a wait for chairs (1 - 2 hours) and there are only 5 tables at the outdoor restaurant and 3 bar stools. I tried to have lunch at the bar when the tables were taken and they bar stools were held for over an hour for two guys who purchased wine and returned 1 1/2 hours later to drink it.

When I pay a St. Regis nightly rate, I expect to be able to relax by the pool or eat at the pool restaurant at any time. Definitely not a given and if you are staying or the weekend, you may miss a whole day at the pool if you don't grab a chair at dawn.

I am delighted that Atlanta has a St. Regis, but a lot needs to be done to bring it up to the quality of the St. Regis brand. Also, if you are expecting a pool view, best to confirm right before you can cancel because it is rare that you can get such a view.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, but don't count on it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank krisvik
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear krisvik,
Thank you for sharing your comments. We understand your concerns regarding space at our Pool Piazza and my fellow leaders are working diligently to improve this experience for our guests. It is our priority to exceed the expectations of our guests under every circumstance and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our award-winning service.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

As Starwood Preferred Guests and residents of metro Atlanta, we are acutely familiar with the Starwood offerings in the area, and the St. Regis is by far our favorite. We love the pool area, and the staff is ever-present without being overwhelming. We always manage to make our dinner reservations outside of the Bentley's range, but it's a beautiful car that they'll use to take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. We really enjoy breakfast by the pool, and though the menu is limited, they'll make whatever you ask for.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank shley17
Dear shley17,
We appreciate your compliments of our address. Our staff strives to provide memorable service that is unobtrusive and I am pleased to hear that you have experience that service during your visit. We appreciate our loyal SPG guests and hope to welcome you again soon.
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed June 20, 2013

So, I guess if I were the Manager of a hotel, I would be thrilled that it is doing so well, that there are people busting at the seams there! With that said, as a patron, I really could have used a little less people in my space. Let me start with the good things about the hotel. The service is impeccable! Every single person that we encountered was very friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that we had a wonderful stay. The room was absolutely gorgeous and very clean! My husband is a clean freak, so I'm always holding my breath when we walk into a hotel room, but thankfully, I was able to let out a huge sigh of relief. So pristine!

So, here's the downside. We arrived around 3:00 and went straight to the pool to relax in the sun and have a few cocktails before getting ready for dinner. There were NO chairs. I'm not even talking about lounge chairs, of course they were all taken (by towels, if not people,) but there were no regular chairs to sit in, either. Apparently, you have to put your name in for a chair, and when we did that, there were still several people in front of us. When we finally did get a chair, about an hour later, it was in the shade. :( There was nowhere to sit along the side of the pool because all of the people that had towels in their lounge chairs were sitting there. It was so frustrating! So, after a couple of hours of not enjoying ourselves, we just decided to get ready for dinner. We went next door to Chop and it was delicious! Great recommendation by the front desk. After we went out in the city a bit, we decided to just go back to the hotel and relax with a drink in the hotel bar. It.was.packed! Packed by locals, not guests. It took us 15 minutes to even get up to the bar to get a drink. Then, we couldn't find anywhere to sit to enjoy it. So, we just called it a night and went to sleep in our extremely comfortable bed. But, what a bummer! Perhaps I just had this image of grandeur in my mind of how our anniversary night would be in this 5 star hotel, and it wasn't reality. I was so disappointed and to be honest, I wish that we hadn't spent the money to stay there. We could have stayed at a lower scale hotel, and actually been able to enjoy the pool and bar because EVERYONE else didn't want to be there.

We probably won't be returning. But, I will say that if you don't plan on utilizing the common areas, you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank YeahMon_11
Dear YeahMon_11,
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and enjoyed our concierge’s recommendation. I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at our Pool Piazza and St. Regis Bar. These are our most popular areas and we are currently working to improve the service and atmosphere for our guests. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have written many reviews on tripadvisor although I have not done one in a while but felt compelled to write one today. I stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta this past weekend for a staycation for my 40th bday. For a point of reference I travel quite a bit for work and personal trips.
Approx. 120 nights a year. Most frequented chains in order are Ritz, JW, Mandarin, Starwood Lux Collection, and St. Regis.

Here is what I can share with the Tripadvisor community about the St. Regis. This is my first time doing a staycation at the Atlanta St. Regis. I frequently do staycations at other Atlanta hotels.

Pros: The hotel is what you would expect. Fantastic property! Rooms are great as is the entire property. There is nothing negative to say about the property itself.

Cons: I have stayed at many St. Regis properties. I personally believe that the St. Regis brand in general is a superior brand and the main reason is service! I was increadibly disapointed in the service at the St. Regis Atlanta. It simply was not on par with the brand as a whole. Not from all departments. In fact certain aspects of the hotel are "St. Regis" quality no question. Others are shockingly no where remotely close to the stratosphere of what I am use to from a St Regis property. This is the first time I have stayed at a St. Regis where everything wasn't "St. Regis" quality. Very disapointing! Certain aspects were holiday inn. Pains me to say it as I am a huge fan of the brand and generally feel like they do it better than the rest. Hope others have a better experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear JHLAtlanta,
We appreciate the feedback you have provided. We have reached out to you directly via private message. We would like to discuss the details of your stay and hope that you will reach out to our hotel manager directly by phone or email. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta and we hope to speak with you soon.
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

From our initial arrival to final departure our experience at the St. Regis Buckhead was truly exceptional. Our 6 year old granddaughter was with us for a four night stay and the hotel staff made her feel right at home. Our suite was extremely nice and comfortable, the restaurant was outstanding and the front desk staff extremely professional (without coming across as "stuffy"....overall the entire experience was A+++++.

alg13

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Al G
Dear Al G,
Thank you for posting your review. Our staff strives to make each stay memorable with service beyond expectation. It will be our pleasure to welcome your family again soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the bellmen & valets to the front desk - everyone was so thoughtful and detail-oriented. This place is top-notch and pure luxury! This was our first night away together after having a baby in January. Everyone at the hotel made sure to ask about the baby and how we did on our first time away. The bar is beautiful and the food is delicious too!

1 Thank lilmisskoko
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear lilmisskoko,
Congratulations on the recent addition to your family. We extend our appreciation for your compliments of our address and service. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again very soon.