“Great Classy Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great Classy Hotel”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Checked in here for the Final Four. My son and I had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the garage...but we had a nice balcony. The room is very high tech. The lights and music can be controlled from the display in the phone. They even have a TV that shines through the mirror in the bathroom! Rooms are spotless...as is the hotel for that matter. The fitness center is adequate...nothing great but has free weights (up to 60lbs), cardio and some machines. Nothing spectacular. The pool area is beautiful...with a tuscan feel. $5 for a fountain soda with ice...seems a bit much though. Hot tub is a little small also. The whole hotel has a nice modern tuscan feel. The service was excellent from the Housekeeping to the Front Desk to the Concierge. We had breakfast a couple of times in the cafe but we also went across the street to Whole Foods and got yogurt parfaits there that were just as good. The Buckhead area is beautiful but Atlanta is very spread out so if you have to go into Downtown it can be challenging with traffic. Some cab drivers didn't want to take us so we relied on MARTA but the MARTA station is over a mile from the Hotel....the Hotel does have a courtesy car that will take you within a 2 mile radius of the Hotel. The MARTA system is pretty easy though. The Hotel looks and feels brand new. You will enjoy your stay but if you need to have quick access to downtown then be advised that its about a 25 minute cab ride and traffic may be an issue at times but great restaurants and shopping may still make it worthwhile though to stay in Buckhead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Meagle1025,
Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know you experienced many of our world class amenities during your stay. We hope you will choose The St. Regis Atlanta for your next trip to Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
haleyville
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I love staying here! It's so nice and all the people are wonderful. I love the soaking tubs and that house keeping comes twice a day. They also hang all your clothes up for you, if you like. The hotel restaurant is amazing and we also love that it's next door to Chops, which is another of our favorite restaurants!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear odieb5,
Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our signature restaurant, Astor Court as well as premier butler service during your stay. Please return again soon.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our fourth time staying at the St. Regis in Atlanta. My spouse and I usually come to the city to see friends and family so it is always a leisure visit and this was the case on this most recent visit. Simply put, it is our favorite hotel in Atlanta.

Because we had stayed there previously we expected a high level of service and were not disappointed. The staff is excellent and attentive while also being sincere and welcoming. This is not always easy to accomplish and yet they always accomplish this balance.

We sampled the Remede Spa during this trip and it was outstanding. We had a couples massage and it was one of the best massages I have ever experienced. My spouse had a manicure and pedicure and commented on how nice and professional they were as well.

We definitely plan to stay here again and look forward to our return.

Room Tip: Ask for a Juliette balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Charles188644,
Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide each guest with indelible memories and bespoke service and I am pleased to hear your experience, in the hotel and spa, exceeded your expectations. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Any guest at a St Regis Hotel expects a level of luxury and service, but the Atlanta St. Regis in the affluent Buckhead neighborhood surpasses every expectation. The decor is refined and luxurious, with great sweeping stairways to second floor dining, extraordinary chandeliers, and hardwood floors with gorgeous rugs that lent a residential air to the place...even the room corridors.

Although we arrived late, the bar, decorated in rich woods and leather and staffed by gentlemen in crisp and handsome uniforms, was open for late night lighter fare that was beautifully presented and wonderfully fresh, despite the hour.

The deluxe double guest room offered all the traditional comforts plus an indulgent bathroom with a great soaking tub, a walk-in shower and a separate water closet with a frosted glass door that allowed privacy without claustrophobia.

Breakfast on what is essentially a mezzanine level was delicious. My guests had hearty breakfasts and I enjoyed a Greek yogurt "parfait" with crisp granola and fresh berries. Service was attentive yet never cloying.

My only wish as I checked out was that I might have an occasion to return soon!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a tub if you enjoy a deep soak!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rosemary-NY
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Rosemary-NY,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. I sincerely appreciate your recognition of our well appointed guest rooms and captivating dining in Astor Court. I hope you will choose to visit the St. Regis Atlanta again soon.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was an overnight business trip but my room was a wonderful vacation getaway. I enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer. The Southern Hospitality is amazing. The turndown service with mood lighting and soft music when I returned to my room lifted my spirits along with the wonderful spa feel of the marble bathroom. I felt my stress melt away in one of the most comfortable beds for a hotel. The whole brief experience left me wanting more. The bar takes me back in time with the rich woods and comfortable couches.

Room Tip: I loved being on the tenth floor (top floor). It was so quite and the decor is just beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheila L
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sheila L,
It is a pleasure to read your kind review of our metropolitan manor. Our staff is committed to providing bespoke service to our guests and we are pleased to hear you experienced this first hand. We hope you will return soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I manage to make it down here once or twice a year now and am working to make that even more frequently. The St. Regis Buckhead is the kind of hotel that stays with you. I find myself sitting at my desk in Asheville staring out the window and thinking about the exceptional service, the attentive service and the next time I can escape my business for a getaway. I keep a hotel key on my desk.

The only problem I've had there came with my last visit with some event with Buick occurring at the hotel the same night--this led to a little bit of chaos in the valet line-up; a short wait for check-in and no help in the morning with luggage.

It would be nice if such events didn't takeover the lobby as it provided quite a distraction from the normal wonderful welcome they extend to you--and my guest was a little put-off--

But what the event in the lobby provided as a distraction--the service, the room, the bar, the hotel made it still a top choice.

Can't wait to go back--may check in first though to make sure there isn't something like that going on again..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelingperformer
Dear Travelingperformer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our staff strives to provide memorable hospitality to all guests and it is wonderful to hear your comments. We extend our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. We hope you will continue to choose our address for you next visit to Atlanta.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis for our Wedding Night and it was so elegant. The suite we had was absolutely beautiful and the service was exceptional. The people there are so friendly and helpful. We left the next morning for our honeymoon to the airport and they were so helpful with making sure we got to the airport on time. We definetly want to stay here again :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natalie W
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Natalie W,
Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are honored that you chose to celebrate this milestone in your life at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff at The St. Regis Atlanta truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectation. We are pleased you were able to experience this first hand. Thank you for your compliments!