“My favorite hotel in the world.”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #10 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I manage to make it down here once or twice a year now and am working to make that even more frequently. The St. Regis Buckhead is the kind of hotel that stays with you. I find myself sitting at my desk in Asheville staring out the window and thinking about the exceptional service, the attentive service and the next time I can escape my business for a getaway. I keep a hotel key on my desk.

The only problem I've had there came with my last visit with some event with Buick occurring at the hotel the same night--this led to a little bit of chaos in the valet line-up; a short wait for check-in and no help in the morning with luggage.

It would be nice if such events didn't takeover the lobby as it provided quite a distraction from the normal wonderful welcome they extend to you--and my guest was a little put-off--

But what the event in the lobby provided as a distraction--the service, the room, the bar, the hotel made it still a top choice.

Can't wait to go back--may check in first though to make sure there isn't something like that going on again..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingperformer
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Travelingperformer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our staff strives to provide memorable hospitality to all guests and it is wonderful to hear your comments. We extend our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. We hope you will continue to choose our address for you next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis for our Wedding Night and it was so elegant. The suite we had was absolutely beautiful and the service was exceptional. The people there are so friendly and helpful. We left the next morning for our honeymoon to the airport and they were so helpful with making sure we got to the airport on time. We definetly want to stay here again :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie W
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Natalie W,
Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are honored that you chose to celebrate this milestone in your life at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff at The St. Regis Atlanta truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectation. We are pleased you were able to experience this first hand. Thank you for your compliments!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

As I pulled up, I was blown away. Great, classy place, with plenty of gravitas. About 10 minutes after checking in, I needed my car. I called down and was told 10 minutes. I went down after 10 minutes and waited a further 15. After seeing a 'walk-up' get her car much quicker, I inquired to my car's status...and was told it was stuck in a line....yet the valet that was running toward the other side ultimately pulled up in 5 minutes with my car. I'm not a fan of lame excuses.

Ditto room service. While it was incredibly tasty, I can't help but feel that my club sandwich would have been significantly better with bread or the avocado. I didn't eat the bread or avocado because it had some unappealing aioli/mayo which I asked specifically not to have on it. Breakfast in room was also good, but generally, I don't prefer full ice cubes in my smoothies.

Also, they asked on check in if I wanted the paper, and then offered me a choice of the AJC or the Times or both - which was really great! It would have been even better had I actually RECEIVED a paper on Sunday morning.

Room cleanliness is generally wonderful, but having to look behind the nightstand for a power outlet gave me a glimpse of a ton of dust bunnies. Not cool.

So, the negatives end there. The positives? The shower had great temp and water pressure, the LodgeNet on the TV was controllable by my iPhone, and the bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was also incredibly friendly!

I think it's a nice hotel, but honestly, some of the other Starwood properties in ATL take care of the details a little bit better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MNComputerGeek

Dear MNComputerGeek,
I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve our service and I have shared your comments with our department leadership. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis with a friend for a spa weekend in October. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and had an impossibly luxurious bed. My friend and I booked a half day at the spa that included massages, manicures, pedicures and body wraps. We took advantage of the sauna while we were there as well, and felt like we were walking on cloud nine when we were done. The hotel is also steps away from Chops and Lobster Bar, so we indulged for dinner at both that weekend. We sat poolside during the day. Although the weather was a bit chilly, we were able to warm ourselves by the giant fireplace next to the pool. I can't wait to return for another spa weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BizTravelerfromATL

DearBizTravelerfromATL,
It is a pleasure to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We are pleased that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed an afternoon on our Pool Piazza. I am delighted to hear of your plans to return to our address and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

When you open the door to your room, the lights fade on and music starts playing. In that moment, all the stress of traveling melted away. It's one of the many touches that make you feel less like a guest in a hotel, and more like a guest in someone's home. And with a Whole Foods across the street, it's like I never left Austin. I only wish the workout facilities were a little more beefed up.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank apollo1213

Dear apollo1213,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and the service you were provided. I hope you will choose The St. Regis Atlanta on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the St. Regis, Atlanta. The lobby was beautiful and the flower arrangements were breathtaking. Very beautiful. We loved the bar. Great bloody marys and martinis. We had dinner next door at Chops and that was wonderful, too. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sugarmonkie

Dear Sugarmonkie,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. Our lobby flower arrangement is our tribute to Caroline Astor, mother of our founder John Jacob Astor IV. I am delighted to hear of your plans to return to our address and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The St. Regis Atlanta is by far the best hotel around. By "around", I am referring to the Atlanta area. The hotel exudes class, from the moment you drive up. The staff treated us as if we were residents, calling us by name after having only seen us once at check-in. The property has many amenities, including a couple of outdoor fireplaces and lounge areas, a secluded and upscale bar (and billiard room), a large workout facility with a large variety of exercise equipment, a spa (great massages!), and a beautiful pool area. Our room had the feel of a suite. We left the room to run across the street to Whole Foods and found the following upon our return: Our beds had been turned down, the throw pillows on the beds had been stored in the credenza, there were slippers on the floor on the side of each bed, the lights were turned down, and light jazz was playing on the in-room stereo. A feature on the phone allows you to maneuver the lighting for the entire room, including the entrance way/foyer. Room service was swift, professional, and pleasant. I used SPG points to book the room, but I would definitely pay full price - it's worth every penny. I can't comment on the kids activities because we did not seek them. The hotel is within walking distance to the Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza, which is were we found Lego Land!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect. I don't know what else to say because our room had everything we needed a...