“Fantastic stay, amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Atlanta

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, GA
“Fantastic stay, amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the St. Regis for a quick in town getaway to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. This was our third stay at the St. Regis, and it just keeps getting better each time. We were upgraded to an amazing suite and were welcomed with a fruit display congratulating us on our special occasion. If you go, be sure not to miss the champagne sabering. Even though we live in Atlanta, each trip to this hotel is like a vacation only without the flight or drive. I've tried to think of a downside of our stay for this review, and honestly the only thing I could come up with might be cost as the St Regis isn't the least expensive option out there. On the other hand, this is truly a "get what you pay for" situation, and compared to some other St Regis properties, I actually think you get a lot more than you pay for at this hotel.

Room Tip: Even the standard rooms are great. There's a little construction going on around the hotel, but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
St. Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The St. Regis is a beautiful hotel with class. It is by far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, but I wasn't the one paying for the trip so I just got to indulge for the weekend. The second we drove in the bellman/valet was there to take our bags to the room and take our car. Another bellman opened the beautiful double doors to the hotel (which they do every time you walk in or out). The rooms were beautiful and spacious. Lighting is great, be it the window or the lights in the room. All the lights can be controlled from the buttons by the door or the touch screen system next to the bed. The room was clean, except for the dip cup in a drawer that was missed when cleaning (it was quickly taken care of once mentioned to hotel staff with many apologies). Bathroom was beautiful, tub was awesome and felt great to use. Good size so it takes some time to fill up, but worth it. There are TV's in the bathroom mirror. I have never seen something like that and I would have never known it was there had another member in our party not told me. The location is perfect in Buckhead, we were able to walk to dinner at Portofino's (highly recommended also). The hotel bar is very elegant and nice. Drinks are delicious and there is a courtyard to sit and chat while enjoying a few drinks. Menu is quite large and everything we tried was excellent.

It is definitely a hotel that is out of my price range right now, but I would gladly stay again if able to one day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Captain_Review_11,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis Atlanta! We consider our hotel a true in-town resort and I appreciate your comments on the attentive service you enjoyed as our guest. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Roslyn Heights, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The St Regis is a spectacular looking property with service to match. We were in a suite which was large with a very large bathroom which included a sunken bathtub and a glass door shower. We ate breakfast at the pool which was excellent and only had drinks at the bar. Both bartenders were professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mickeywayne,
Thank you for choosing to be our guest at The St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear you experienced our signature Southern hospitality during stay. Our St. Regis Suite’s elegantly appointed bathroom is a haven of luxury with extraordinary details. I hope to welcome you and your family to Atlanta’s Best Address again very soon.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I recently got married in Atlanta and reserved a block of rooms at the St. Regis for our wedding guests. I've stayed at all of the other high end hotels in Atlanta, but we chose the St. Regis because of its location and the excellent customer service from the St. Regis's meetings coordinator. I am so glad we did. We stayed there for four nights during our wedding week, and our experience could not have been better. The service throughout our stay was spectacular, and our wedding guests reported that they received the same stellar treatment. The rooms were gorgeous and very comfortable. We would not hesitate to return to the St. Regis the next time we're in Atlanta and looking to stay at a first-class hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jelizabeth5
Dear Jelizabeth5,
We are honored that you chose to celebrate this milestone in your life at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide uncompromising service to all our guests and I am pleased to read you and your wedding guests experienced this first hand. Thank you for your kind words and we hope you will visit our address again soon.
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Absolutely beautiful hotel in a good location in Buckhead. Staff was excellent. Hotel was sold out, and it felt like we were the only group there. Beautiful Bar on the second floor with outdoor space. Rooms are gorgeous, with flat screen TV in both the sleeping area, and the bathroom. Plenty of space, and we had a 2 queen size bed room. Bathrooms are large too, with a stand up shower stall, as well as a bathtub (separate). Hotel is pricey, however we got a really good group discount, so would recommend if you are traveling with a group, to call and request a group deal. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Manno 719,
It is wonderful to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We strive to provide bespoke service that is beyond expectation and we are pleased you were able to experience this first hand. I appreciate your acknowledgement.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is rare today to find the quality of service and attention to detail that I experienced at the St. Regis hotel last week. From the moment I arrived to the last moment I departed, all staff I interfaced with were extremely professional and efficient. The staff are impeccably polite, well-dressed and are constantly looking to serve the needs of their guests. The hotel is in very good condition and rooms are clean and well equipped with plenty of space. Overall this hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear trader99,
It is a joy to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide uncompromising service to all our guests and I am pleased to read you experienced this first hand. Thank you for your kind words and we hope you will visit our address again soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

First the good news. The St Regis is reasonably well located, the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed, and the staff is very polite.

The St Regis lacks the attention to detail that defines a five star hotel. For breakfast, the restaurant got my room service order wrong, and then delivered it cold. The chairs at the desk in the room are too low to the ground, making it difficult to work on the computer. These are the details that great hotels get right.

The hotel is also overpriced. $60 (before tip) for two eggs, coffee, and orange juice for breakfast. Internet also absurdly expensive. It galls me to pay this much for a hotel room with mediocre service, and then have them nickle and dime me to boot.

Next time I will stay at the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank UK_frequent_flie
Dear UK_frequent_flie,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay. We agree that the difference of a luxury hotel is in the details and I apologize deeply for the lack of attention you received during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our management to ensure this experience is not repeated. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our AAA Five Diamond service and hospitality.