“overcharge”

Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“overcharge”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

ive stayed at this hotel many times. i love the property. the pool. the spa.
the bar. the lobby. service is very good.

however, i was deeply disappointed in a few things. saturday morning my girlfriend
and i went out to the pool around 9:45 a.m. and there was no service?!
Saturday pool in atlanta and the weather was beautiful with nobody working up there?!

very odd. most travelers that stay at beautiful hotels with pools expect a screwdriver or
bloodymarry or at least something to drink on a romantic weekend in the morning.

that was disappointing. what was much more disappointing was we called down to the
front desk and asked if we could get drinks. they brought the drinks up and on my tab was
a $5.00 service charge and a $3.00 room tip. i was insulted. very insulted. one screwdriver and a couple of waters and $8.00 add on? moreover, the screwdriver was likedouble
charged for the vodka and the orange juice?! i had one drink and the tab was $30!!!!

insulting. worse yet -- we did see anyone come up to the pool again until after 10:30 and i stopped somebody who was putting out chairs and asked if i could order drinks. he said they dont have service up there yet but he would get it for us. he was nice and im glad he accomodated us -- but seriously? a hotel of that beauty and charm and extravagance --
to not have service at a pool until like 11am on a saturday is crazy. needs to change.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed for 1 night, rooms are huge, clean, beds are super comfortable, service is superb!
Bar and restaurant is very lively at night - so many young people, hanging out.
We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Even standard room is very good.
Sea Island, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The St. Regis - Atlanta was at best mediocre. The "suite" was unacceptable. Most people want a door between the bedroom and living room. We get a suite so that if one can't sleep, the partner can go in the other room and read or watch tv. Very poor design.
The sliding glass door was filthy.
We ordered coffee on Sat. morning, which never came;
I had a special event on Sat. night and ordered a special "angel" cake. It was an ordinary
birthday cake. although pleasant tasting- not what I ordered.
If you look at what I paid for a couple of days, it was outrageous for the service and food.
I would never stay there again, and will make sure any of my friends who go to Atlanta do not waste their money.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money, thinking you are getting a first rate hotel
2 Thank gailmking
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I live only 3 miles away, but came as a weekend anniversary getaway. We booked one of the Caroline Astor Suites, which have VERY large and wonderful patios overlooking the pool. The room was great. Roomy, excellent marble bathroom with a TV in the mirror!, great bed, etc. The kids running the pool bar were friendly, fun, and accommodating.

Other highlights: Henry the Sommelier is a friendly and knowledgeable guy, and the 6pm Champagne ceremony each night is a real treat. The wine list is nearly fabulous (weak in Burgundy, but Henry is working on that), and the bar is beautiful.

Now the two lowlights that keep this from being a 5-dot rating for me: #1, we had booked the suite I mentioned, and it was expensive, and I had asked for a 1pm check-in rather than a 3pm, as my wife wanted to do some spa time. Well, we got there at 2pm, and were told that the room unfortunately was not ready. That was OK, they don;t really owe us that or anything, and we were shown to the pool bar to wait and told that the desk would call me on my cell. They finally called at 3:45pm, 45 minutes later than the regular check-in time. Especially after making our single special request to have the room ready, they were 45 minutes late on their own commitment.

#2, we wanted a drink on the patio near their bar, and no one came to us for over 10 minutes, and they weren't even busy. No one thought we were their station, I guess. We eventually just went inside and sat at the bar.

1 Thank David_from_SB
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

we stayed at the st regis for my best friends son's wedding that was being held at the cherokee town club just down the street from the st regis. the property was great the service was great, the food was great, everything was great. the tv inside the bathroom mirror was the talk of all the stayed at the st regis at the wedding brunch the next morning. we are locals that like to get away every now and the then, st regis is our new go to in town getaway, special thanks to Theadore at the front desk, who made our stay even more enjoyable

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsBoss1
atlanta
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel property located in the heart of Buckhead. My family stayed here for a weekend as a staycation and to check out the resort. The pool is great and the service is typical St Regis. The rooms are very nice and won't disappoint.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Second visit at this hotel. Still a wonderful and luxurious hotel. Great food in the restaurant! (Very surprised to see that there the restaurant was almost empty.) And I like to location too.

However, there are still room for improvements.

I was surprised to see that there were no "welcome back" at check in. And in the welcome letter that was waiting in my room, I was - as last time - titled as "Mrs". I laughed of it last year, but was more annoyed this year. How manly must I be before I become a "Mr" at this hotel?

Service at the pool was not good. Had to wait forever before we were asked if we wanted anything, and the ice water we ordered never came. Had to walk up to the bar area and ask if they had forgotten us. They seemed VERY occupied with some glamourous VIPs in the pool, who were buying a lot of drinks.

Traffic noise from Paces Road was quite noticable. Ask for a room not facing the road.

It was very difficult to block the light out of the room at night. Drapes were short, and there were all sorts of devices that lit up the room.

Doors slamming loudly when open/shut a problem. As usually - hard to understand why hotels of this class do not install door mechanism to prevent this.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple