“An experience of a lifetime”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“An experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had the great pleasure of experiencing the sweetness of the Sugar Magnolia Bed and Breakfast through a moment to remember my whole life- when the man that I love asked me to be his wife. The Sugar Magnolia is nestled in the gorgeous, historic neighborhood of Inman Park with majestic trees and exquisite Victorian homes. On our second date, my fiance and I took a long walk around the neighborhood and came upon the Sugar Magnolia. We admired it for its charm and character. It's long been an area that makes the heart happy to us- hence why my fiance thought it would be an ideal location to propose. They whole team at the SM were absolute stars helping my fiance to stage and "open house." They played the part quite well, acting as those who who touring. The owner, Debi, was a pure starlet delivering a card from my fiance that lead me upstairs to a beautiful room full of rose petals, candles, and music. There on the balcony of the room, was a man waiting to ask my to marry him. They allowed his dream of how to start the next chapter of our lives become the perfect reality. After the proposal, we were greeted by their staff by best wishes, hugs, and a excellent serenade by Jim on the grand piano in the salon. We danced next to the beautifully decorated Christmas tree to the classic tune of "Amazing Grace." I truly cannot express how wonderfully hospitable and accommodating the lovely family of the Sugar Magnolia are. We will forever be grateful for their care, love and service to make our special "moment" one that will remembered with joy and thankfulness.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Debi Starnes and the whole crew at the Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast were truly amazing in helping me create the perfect atmosphere to propose to my lovely girlfriend. I rented the Royal Suite and set it up for an excellent proposal on the top balcony overlooking the gorgeous Inman Park neighborhood. The house is especially beautifully decorated around Christmas. My future wife and I will never forget the memories we made at the Sugar Magnolia and will enjoy our time there for years to come. I am very thankful for the wonderful hospitality of the whole crew at the Sugar Magnolia, they made me feel very welcome and were quick to lend a helping hand to make the big day for Ashley and I perfect. I am forever grateful for this excellent experience.
I was able to rent out a room, come in during the morning and set up flowers, music, candles and decorations. The staff and family of staff at the B & B even faked an open house for me to bring Ashley into to create a great atmosphere for the surprise they played along very well to sell the open house and then presented Ashley with a card inviting her to go upstairs to the room and letter I had written her with all of my thoughts. From there, the last line the card invited her out to the balcony where I greeted her with a ring and big question. Thankfully she responded with a yes and the rest will be history.
After the big events upstairs, we came back downstairs to enjoy the decorations and were enraptured by beautiful live piano playing of a Christmas medley and Amazing Grace - which was an excellent way to end our time at the Sugar Magnolia just minutes after becoming engaged. Thanks to Debi and her whole staff and family for helping me to organize one of the greatest events of my life - Will

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family and I spent last weekend at the Sugar Magnolia during my son's wedding celebration. The accessibility to all the family activities and the beautiful surroundings of Inman Park neighborhood were just perfect. The accommodations were excellent and the southern charm welcome of the innkeeper Kathryn along with her amazing breakfasts made our special occasion a memorable one! Sugar Magnolia B & B is definitely a place to return to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Huntersville, NC
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We just stayed at the Sugar Magnolia B&B for an Anniversary weekend and it could not have been more perfect. We had seen the inn from the street while walking by on our last visit -- it has stunning curb appeal. We made a mental note to try it, and were not disappointed. The entire Inman Park neighborhood features stunning detailed architecture from over a century ago (Atlanta's first "suburb"), is quite walkable and under quite a tree canopy.

The Sugar Magnolia is just as beautiful inside as out. We stayed in the Royal Suite, and had our own private balcony with rockers facing the street, and also access to a shared deck facing the back (with a view of downtown in the distance in fall, as leaves drop). The room was good size, with a nice little alcove for the queen bed, and a huge bathroom with double sinks, a jacuzzi tub and shower. Wi-fi was good, although rarely used.

Breakfast was excellent, with waffles one day (I had read the waffles were excellent and mentioned that in my reservation request, and Kathryn made a note and made them our first morning! We thoroughly enjoyed talking with her both mornings.

When we arrived Debi & Jim directed us to a walkable wine shop, and we came back and enjoyed the evening sun with some wine. We thoroughly explored the neighborhood, went to Virginia Highlands to shop and eat, and also stopped along North Highland a few times (the Atlanta Cupcake Factory is not to be missed for a treat). But mostly we relaxed.

We have a new home away from home in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite was excellent, but we had a chance to see the Garden Room and it is charming and lig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Huntersville
Hanceville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed in the Royal Suite and it has a huge bathroom connected to the room. Our hosts were very helpful with directions and recommendations for restaurants. Located in a beautiful area, we were able to take walks and enjoy the neighborhood. We will return next year for another stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hfh705
chelmsford, essex u.k.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were at Sugar Magnolia for three nights and our stay was superb. We had the Royal Suite, which has just about the biggest bathroom ever! A lovely comfortable bed and tasty breakfasts as well made our stay perfect. Sugar Magnolia is situated in a peaceful and attractive part of the city, close enough to what you want to see, but far enough out to feel secure. We used the MARTA system to get around, which was easy to negotiate (simple in contrast to the London underground system!). We walked to the nearest station (although there is a car park there, so we could have driven if we'd been feeling lazy) and it was just a few stops down the line to the places we needed to get to.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: We loved the Royal Suite with its huge bathroom with a sunken bath, and a separate large shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irenepr
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Sugar Magnolia B&B for 4 nights with my girlfriend. We stayed in the Garden Room that had a shared deck with another room. Our room was spacious with wood floors, a fireplace, two wicker rocking chairs, flat screen TV and a roomy armoir. The bathroom was on the small side, but the shower was roomy, and really, how much time do you spend in the bathroom? Outside of our room was a shared "mini" kitchen, with a Keuring coffee maker, an assortment of coffees as well as teas, and a small fridge and a common area with tourist information. We didn't spend much time in the common areas, but they looked confortable and nicely furnished. The breakfasts were very good and just the right amount of food. This b&b is located in the Inman Park area, which is loaded with turn of the century homes - perfect for exploring. The hosts, Katherine and Josie, were very gracious and Katherine had gave us a excellant suggestion for dinner at the Brick Store Pub. I would definately return to the Sugar Magnolia in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends