Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
$182
$131
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinman parkgarden roomroyal suiteb bkrog street marketthe main houserocking chairshistoric neighborhoodhouse is beautifulfive pointswonderful hostsmanager chefsunken jacuzziprivate porchbeautiful bed and breakfastmartin luther kingother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've attended large conferences in Atlanta in the past and have tended to be overwhelmed by the experience. This time I brought my wife and we stayed at Sugar Magnolia. What a delightful stay! Great Hospitality, the Metro (MARTA) is close by and easy, fast and convenient - easy access to great Atlanta dining options, my wife visited the Martin Luther King park and Jimmy Carter Library - and loved the whole experience. I cannot say enough good things. Thank YOU!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TimGr
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have taken our holiday in the US for the last three years. Increasingly we try to find an Inn / B&B in a good neighbourhood & the Sugar Magnolia didn't disappoint.

Debi, Jim & their daughter Sam were great hosts. The property is great & really homely. We were made to feel welcome & had access to a lovely sitting room plus study as well as our room. Security (mentioned by another reporter) wasn't an issue - we always take common sense precautions with our valuables and the Sugar Magnolia felt very safe.

The Inman Park neighbourhood is a real find. See our other reviews about great restaurants in easy (10-15 min) walking distance of the B&B - the MARTA is also a real bonus.

Basically, why stay anywhere else if you're coming to Atlanta?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Parky8080
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This B&B is in the most beautiful location, Inman park, old Victorian homes, runners, dog walkers, quiet and 10 minutes from everything! We love to explore and experience the sites and tastes of new places. Sugar Magnolia is beautiful. We stayed in the royal suite but I would recommend any room. Coffee any time, beer and sodas in the frig, I do wish there had been a better fresh drinking water source the water tank was empty. Sam was such a sweetheart, she was so patient, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We will highly recommend this lovely B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GagelTravelers
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here 2.5 years ago and really liked it. My husband joined me during my stay and he also liked the inn. Business took both of us back again and we stayed in the same room, The Garden Room.

The Inn is beautiful, and the room was lovely. It has a nice open porch and plenty of windows. Josie, who is the on site staff, is super nice and friendly.

Inman Park is filled with beautiful Victorian homes, a park, and MARTA is nearby. I didn't need my car at all because MARTA got me where I needed to be. There are also restaurants, both casual and upscale, shops, and a local artisans shop within walking distance. I have left or returned from MARTA early in the morning or after dinner on my own, and felt safe walking to the Inn because it is on a well lit street with folks out walking their dogs, etc.

There were two drawbacks on this trip. The deadbolt lock, allowing guests to lock the room when they leave, was removed, and the other rooms at the top of the stairway also lacked keyed locks. I am a trusting soul, but if there had been other guests in the Inn I would have wanted to know my stuff was behind a locked door when I left.

The other drawback is that there is no way to control the temperature in the room. We were there in the early spring the last time and the temperature was very temperate so we didn't even notice that we couldn't adjust it. On this visit the room was stuffy at night, and even with a ceiling fan, it would have been nice if was a just a couple of degrees cooler. I mentioned that when I left and Josie said they have trouble keeping that room as cool as the others.

I can overlook the temperature controls because that can be addressed easily. A lack of keyed locks though? I won't return unless I can confirm they have been installed.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank khc83
debistarnes, Owner at Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

We are very sorry this guest had a less than wonderful experience and disappointed in this rare low rating. We do have central heat and air and try to balance different guests' temperature needs, and we would have tried for this guest if we had known during their stay. Regarding guest room security, we do take that seriously and we have never had any guest property bothered in our almost 20 years of being open. Debi

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our trip to Atlanta, but we were especially impressed by our wonderful stay at the Sugar Magnolia B & B. This is an immaculately maintained house that is full of architectural character and antiques throughout. We even enjoyed just sitting on the front porch and enjoying the scenery. It's a great neighborhood to just walk around and see all of the beautiful homes. It's a short walk to the MARTA station, cute shops, and restaurants. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and pampered. We stayed in the aviary room, and it was perfect for a romantic getaway. The bed was very comfortable, and the quiet neighborhood granted us a good night's sleep. The breakfast was delicious and the table setting made us feel like royalty! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple