“What an experience, we loved every minute of it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Atlanta Downtown

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #58 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“What an experience, we loved every minute of it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

My trip was actually business but I took the family along with me. Upon my arrival the staff graciously accomodated my additional needs even though I had booked as self only, no questions asked. The room and all the hotel ammenities were impeccable. The convenience of the location goes without saying as it is obviously centrally located to all that Atlanta has to offer. We will stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

It was business purposes and I am 100% satisfied. Since it is my responsibility to make my clients and customers happy with my choice, is essential for me to find excellent service and beautiful installations. This wonderful hotel offers the best quality of everything that you are looking for. Great Job to the entire W Atlanta Downtown Team!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

I would love staying here if I was on a romantic getaway or with friends, but not with my family. For this trip with my husband and two children (elementary-school-age), my criteria for a hotel was "within walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium and with a pool." The W fit this. The staff was very welcoming and kind, the location was handy, the rooms were quite glamorous... but it was not the right kind of hotel for our family. Really, we are more the Hampton Inn type--free breakfast and wi-fi and a little space in the room. The room was funky but cramped, and it just felt weird to be able to see the silhouette of the person showering from the main room. The pool was next to the rooftop bar (not that this mattered at 5 on a Saturday), the wi-fi was only free in the lounge (picture my husband working on his laptop in the bar at 11 on a Friday night), and on Sunday the only place with breakfast items at 7:30 a.m. was the lovely, but very pricey, BLT restaurant. Valet parking was $30/night. I am not knocking the hotel in any way--I think it caters to a certain clientele and is a beautiful hotel--but next time we will probably stay farther out of downtown and park at the Aquarium for the day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Newfound1
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

I was truly amazed by the decor and service at this hotel! As most W's, the atmosphere is very youthful and trendy. It offered the best of both worlds for business travelers in my opinion. I was able to get work done in my room, and step away for a much needed break in one of their many lounges. The only downfall was the price for daily parking was a bit steep, $30, and the internet access was costly as well.

Other than that...great experience! I wish all business trips can be that versatile! Just wish I can experience the Bliss spa next time :)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

When traveling on business, I choose W whenever possible and have yet to be disappointed! The staff is always great; perfectly attentive, welcoming and helpful. The room was posh yet extremely comfortable - a perfect balance for the business or leisure traveler. The hotel restaurant, BLT, was fantastic - both the food and the service! The Living Room (lobby bar) was comfy and relaxed, yet buzzing with activity. The worst part is going home!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

Stayed for a ten day business trip - every member of staff we encountered was ,without exception, welcoming and friendly. The hotel had all the amenities we could have needed and the rooms were great. WIll not stay anywhere else in Atlanta from now on...it doesn't get better.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

In ATL for a football weekend and the location of the W to Centennial Park and the Ga Dome was great. I personally love the decor and vibe in all the W properties and the service is almost always top notch. This property did not disappoint as it is super stylish but the service here was over the top. The concierge busted her tail to get us reservations all over town which was a big deal considering all the events going on that weekend. The shuttle guys sported us around town in their Acura MDX's despite the huge crowds and our bizarre requests. Don't bother staying anywhere else in ATL. If this W doesn't have it they'll get it for you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple