1,198 results
All reviews bliss spa cool corner room w insider living room bar wow suite rooftop pool trendy hotel bliss products car service higher floor world of coca cola centennial park georgia aquarium southern hospitality convention center downtown valet
Reviewed December 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel in the heart of Atlanta. I have stayed at w at perimeter a number of times and the Atlanta w did not disappoint, had a great experience, everything at this hotel is very hip and cool, rooms are comfortable, and the bar is the place to be late in the evening for martinis. Overall great time.

Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you chose W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Cheers!

Reviewed December 16, 2014

The lobby is nice. The staff are very attentive. The rooms are small. The furniture is a little dated. I dont like the show only no tub plus no full door to shut on the shower. The blank painted pocket door had the previous person's finger prints on it -which was yucky. I like the makeup mirror and table. The view was nice. Others who stayed in our party said their rooms were small too and felt the hotel is a "want to be trendy" but failed.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments. Interestingly, the shower in the guest rooms is a popular feature with our guests. The configuration you describe is only in rooms with a king bed. We also have rooms with two queen beds that offer a shower/tub combo and a door that separates the bedroom from the WC for added privacy. On a future stay, you may want to try a Cool Corner room or a Studio Suite. They both have larger and more private bath and shower areas. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown!

Reviewed December 11, 2014

I was staying on a business trip - if I was staying for pleasure my views would have been a lot more positive but the "night club" look is not always best when working. A case of "form over function".

Staff are friendly and efficient, nice decoration e.g. loved the massive mobile in the bar, rooms are spacious and the bed was very comfortable, trendy dark walls / floors (purple toilet) etc - so all good.

Then I tried to do some work. The desk is at a different level than you usually work at so odd compared to almost any hotel I stay in. However the worse part is the lack of light. Lots of little pools of light that gives a nice nightclub atmosphere but rubbish for working and impossible to get bright room e.g. to find you black sock on the dark poorly lit floor. It should be simple to have both mood lighting and work lighting

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2014

Thank you Nigel for your review. I’m glad you liked the hotel décor and found our staff helpful. I agree that the rooms are a good size and the bed is comfy. I appreciate your comments regarding the design of the guestrooms. You make some great observations on ways to make the rooms more ergonomic, we are always looking for feedback from our guests. We are also planning some lighting adjustments because we have received this same feedback from other guests. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.

Reviewed December 10, 2014

We went for a wedding and I had no idea what to expect. It was luxurious. Vallet parking, bell boys, greeting staff, turn down service, what ever whenever service. It's quite the hotel. Great bars, rad 3rd floor pool. Everyone was polite and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2014

Thank you! Our Whatever/Whenever department does everything they can to provide amazing experiences. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and hope to see you soon. Cheers!

Reviewed December 9, 2014

I was impressed by everything about this hotel. Great service. Rooms were roomy with a great ambiance. Love the showers! The only recommendation that I have is for a little more lighting in the bathroom area. After I put on my make-up the next day, I looked in a mirror later and realized I went a little heavy on the blush/bronzer (whoops).

I look forward to staying her again and doing more exploring of the other offerings provided. I want to try out the spa!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business

Thank you Fawn for taking the time to post a review. I’m glad you enjoyed the shower and comfort of our signature W pillow top bed – they are both popular features with many of our guests. We appreciate your comments regarding the design of the bathrooms. We are planning some lighting adjustments because we have received similar feedback from other guests. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.