“Excellent Service!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Service!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have never been to a hotel with such excellent service. I went there to view the room to ensure that I wanted to book it and received an excellent tour from Dawaun Sunkins. When I decided to book the room, he was able to upgrade my room to a corner suite. His help with planning this birthday surprise for my husband was above and beyond my expectations. I would return to this hotel over and over again simply because of Mr. Sunkins! With the upgrades and drink passes, the weekend could not have been better! Thanks Mr. Sunkins for making the weekend extremely special!!!!!!

Also Tanya from valet was especially kind. She helped me up to my room because of all my baggage!!

Room Tip: I was ont he 14th floor in a corner suite so that eliminated noise from people in the halls. The cor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thecutestbabies
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to spotlight the service you received. I will be sure to share your comments with Dawaun, Tanya and the entire team. I’m glad your husband had a nice birthday surprise and we helped create a memorable experience. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Until next time. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

All that you'd expect from a W Hotel in Atlanta. We didnt love being downtown because there isn't much to do at night. However we loved the food, the decor of the rooms, the comfy beds, our amazing view and the friendly staff. Well done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starviptrav33
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We love hearing from our guests, so thank you for posting a review. We're so glad you enjoyed our property and the many amenities it has to offer. Additionally, our complimentary car service will transport you to many of the amazing restaurants and shops within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I turned 30 on 1/3 of this year and decided to celebrate in Atlanta and I'm so glad that I decided to stay at the W Atlanta Downtown while I was visiting. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. When my guest and I first arrived we were greeted by Tanya W. that worked with valet. My sister realized she had left a bag at the airport while the car was being unloaded. Tanya checked our bags at the front desk while we returned to the airport to get the missing bag (which we were able to find praise God.) At the welcome desk Dawaun S. was also very polite and helpful. After sharing with him that we were there celebrating my 30th bday he offered suggestions on some of the hot spots in the city we should check out, provided us with complimentary passes to a Opera and a drink pass for each of us to use in the hotel bar. Not only did the staff contribute to having a great experience but the rooms and ambience of the hotel are like none other. I look forward to staying here again and would recommend it to any one that's looking to have a good time while visiting Atlanta or even to folks that are in need of a staycation .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Happy Belated 30th Birthday Shannon. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown for your special celebration. I’m so glad to hear that Tanya and Dawaun were able to make your stay even more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience!
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our first time staying at this hotel was New Year's Eve. My husband and I were impressed with the modern décor and the general ambience of the lobby. We were greeted with warm smiles and a readiness to make our stay the best ever. There was one member of the team that went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and knowledgeable of the W culture at all times. We were really impressed with his professionalism as well as his sunny disposition. There was no request too big or too small for this young man. He really exemplified the meaning of great customer service. No matter how nice or how grand a hotel is, nothing makes it more memorable than the service and hospitality shown by its employees. We give our stay at the W five stars. We give Dawuan Sunkins 10 stars.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joy r
Thank you Joy for this wonderful review. I’m glad you chose to spend New Year’s Eve with us and I hope you had a great time. We sincerely appreciate the positive comments about the hotel and our talent. We couldn’t agree more with you; Dawaun is wonderful and we are lucky to have him. We look forward to seeing you again! Cheers!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The W Downtown is the place to go! I booked the "Romance Package" for my proposal. From the beginning, Pablo Lopez, the W Insider, helped me map out the entire proposal. He was available any time to answer questions that I had. He was also there the night of to capture the most important photos. Hands down one of the best hotel experiences I have had. If you're in Atlanta, you must stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you Jammel for this wonderful review. I’m glad you were able to celebrate with a romantic rendezvous at W Atlanta Downtown. We love helping to make sweet memories for our guests. We could not do this without the professionalism and dedication of our team. I will be sure to share your kind words Pablo Lopez. We hope to see you many more times in the future. Cheers!
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Always an excellent stay! This W Platinum Girl thinks the W Atlanta - Downtown talent team is overall one of the best in the industry. No matter what time of day or how many times during your stay they see you - they are always very courteous, helpful, smiling and welcoming. It is always great to to connect with Pablo the Insider on local tips and W-events. I was very grateful for the excellent W-wheels service experience with Travis - especially knowing the other properties have eliminated it and the weather reality of pouring rain in the ATL. You never know who you will see at this property... this time it was Ceelo chilling in the swanky and newly furnished Living Room after the Jayz concert for a bit of wow factor. Took advantage of my SPG Suite Night Awards and loved the room and view! Joey's Bliss Spa experience with Karla was hands down healing and wonderful. BLT's Chopped Salad (made with the fresh ingredients available daily) was so delicious! Shout out to Robert, Janelle, Jason and Justin for their W-help. The new GM of this property is lucky to have such a wonderful team and so are we! Thank you for a fabulous birthday W-weekend. Happy New Year! I can't wait to be back on property in 2014.

Room Tip: If available, this location is worthy of your SPG Suite Night Awards!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us and for being such a devoted SPG Platinum member. I am very glad you were welcomed so warmly from the beginning of your stay and the exceptional service continued right until the end! We are very lucky to have BLT Steak onsite and I’m glad you had a chance to dine there. We genuinely appreciate your comments about Bliss Spa and Karla is exceptional. There is no better way to relax whether travelling for pleasure or business. I’m glad you found our talent to be warm and helpful. I will be sure to share your comments with Pablo, Travis, Robert, Janelle, Jason, Justin and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Cheers!
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

From the moment you walk into the lobby, you will feel the modern yet whimsical ambiance. The pool is on the 14th floor and is a breath-taking view and oasis in the middle of high-rises all around. Loved our stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank debra30736
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you Debra for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I certainly appreciate your comments regarding the design and ambiance of the hotel. We look forward to 'wow'ing you again soon!