“Great service!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great service!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

In addition to being a very nice hotel that is in a great location, the service from the staff is excellent. I've stayed here a number of times, and the service is consistently great, the rooms are always top-notch and the restaurant is pretty solid as well. Carly at the front desk is maybe the most helpful of any hotel employee I've run into, anywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for making W Atlanta Downtown your hotel of choice. We appreciate your loyalty and it’s nice to know we continue to impress you with every stay. Thank you for recognizing Carly - she is a gem and we are lucky to have her. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been in Atlanta for two weeks last September for business, the hotel is very nice and in a good location with lovely spacious rooms always well cleaned, soft bed and quite.
The problem with this hotel is that someone stolen from the room (that I shared with my colleague) while we were at work: a laptop, phone charger and even the drinks from the mini bar where missing when we came back. The door was properly locked when we went out and no one of us came back at the hotel during the day, also we couldn't use the safe into the room cos it wasn't big enough so my colleague had his laptop locked inside the luggage. We reported the fact to the staff and spoke with the manager, whom insisted we didn't lock the door and tried to give us all the fault. He didn't offered any compensation or even care about the whole problem.
We complained about the security as that day there was a party on the top floor and absolutely no control about entries: guests need a key to use the elevator, but if ten people get on the elevator and only one has the key, there were no problems to access into the hotel. But as I said, there was no control on guests and non-guests.
It's a pity cos the hotel is very nice, but how the manager dealt with our problem and the lack of security changed my opinion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for posting a comment. The safety and security of our guests and their belongings is a top priority. Any incident, such as the one you reference six months ago, would be investigated immediately. I reviewed our records and inquired with the local authorities and unfortunately I am unable to locate a reservation or an incident that matches your profile. Please contact me directly to discuss in more detail.
Hong Kong
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Service was excellent - no fuss + an upgrade when i arrived at 6am after 2 overnight flights. Brilliant service. Wonderful corner room with lots of space & splendid light.
Not so wonderful & generally disappointing is the traffic noise which penetrates this very new building - the developer obviously cut some corners.... I noticed this on the 9th floor & a colleague further down had a terrible sleep for the same reason.

Room Tip: Due to poor building soundproofing, go as high as possible & ask for an aspect that is away from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent post. I appreciate your kind words about our staff – they work hard to provide exceptional guest experiences. We have been receiving wonderful comments about our Cool Corner rooms. I certainly appreciate your feedback. If you have a chance to stay with us again, please let me know and I will make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Cheers!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I usually stay here for business and really like this hotel. The rooms are super sexy as most of the new Ws are with the see through shower and dark lighting. The front desk and check in has always gone smooth and I love that they have Bliss products.
Having a BLT Steak in the hotel is a nice dinner treat also.
The location is not great, as it is a bit off the beaten path and not in the city center. But if you dont mind the short 10 min walk, its ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m glad you were able to experience some of the amazing amenities the hotel has to offer. We are very lucky to have such an elite restaurant on property and I’m glad you found time to experience it. Not only do we put the bliss products in your room, we also have a bliss spa on the 16th floor and it’s open 7 days a week. On your next visit you might enjoy our complimentary Acura car service that will transport you to many of the amazing shops, restaurants and galleries within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Until next time…Cheers!
Ellijay, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here for a company party, and the staff were excellent! From Michael, who checked me in and took care of a couple of custom requests, to the valet staff who were very prompt and friendly!
Room was awesome!!!

Great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments and we are delighted you had a wonderful time. Michael is a great ambassador for our hotel and we are lucky to have him. I look forward to sharing your comments with him and the rest of our team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to seeing you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had a week meeting - mainly at the Westin Peachtree. There's something about that property that feels too dated and bleh. So... some friends were at the W nearby and were enjoying their stay so I changed for a night. Wished I had done so sooner. The usual hip W lobby scene of course. Green apples. Clean modern lines. Lots of chrome. Comfy big room with lots of windows. Even a great hotel restaurant BLT (though they do close a bit early for us biz types... ) But the main difference was their staff. At check in the young man at the desk was just warm and welcoming in that genuine way. And even at 530 am - getting ready for an early flight - I ordered room service coffee and a basket of muffins. Constance brought our tray with just the right blend of warm upbeat energy and efficient attention to detail - it just ensured a better mood while starting the day so so early.
So - congrats to this W. You've found that blend of hip detail with a staff that has the style of W with a "four-seasons" competence. A rare hybrid. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of W Atlanta Downtown and our one-of-a-kind staff. I completely agree that it is the people who make W Atlanta Downtown special and help create wonderful memories and experiences. We truly hope we can be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Atlanta. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Cheers!
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here completed the Atlanta W trifecta for us. We've stayed away from the downtown location because it's not as close to things we like to do, but our stay proved we should've given in long ago. The rooms here are more spacious, and this is the only W in Atlanta that has ever upgraded us because of our Starwood gold status. We'll be back for another weekend in the city for sure!

• Stayed February 2013
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you! We’re glad you finally made it to W Atlanta Downtown! We sincerely appreciate your positive comments about the hotel. I’m glad to hear that we were able to find you a nice room. We look forward to having you as our guest again. If you need anything special feel free to reach out to me directly. Cheers!