“Bliss Spa”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta
“Bliss Spa”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had an amazing experience at the Bliss Spa! Excellent facials and the staff was so hospitable. Everything was very clean and I was so comfortable. I highly recommend going alone or as a couple. I was able to drag my husband along and he raved about it too. Plus his skin looks so refreshed! The products are the best!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! It sounds like you enjoyed your facial and had a wonderful experience at Bliss Atlanta Downtown. Be sure to check our Special Offers page for packages that include spa services and a Wonderful room. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Atlanta
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this W to celebrate an early valentines day. We were on the 7th floor and had a view overlooking 75 and the North part of the city. We live in the 'burbs and like to treat ourselves to a night in ATL every now and again.

The hotel was very clean and we found the staff that we had interactions with to be very friendly. The room was nice with the open shower that overlooked the room and the huge windows looking down on the city. The toiletries were Bliss brand (which I love!) since they feature a Bliss Spa in the hotel. The location of the hotel is great for the aquarium, world of coke, etc. The decor is very nice and modern (without being cold). The bedding was great too.

I do have several complaints however. First... We checked in late and didn't discover until later in the night that the toilet in our room had a continuous leak that would cause it to sound off every 10-20 min. I'm sure we could have called someone but since it was late at night and we were tired we didn't want to hassle with it. Also for some very strange reason, in the middle of the night I awoke to the smell of extremely unpleasant sewage like stink? My husband was asleep next to me in the bed so I know it wasn't him :) the smell lasted for a long time and I can wonky assume it somehow came in through either the pipes or a nearby room. Very weird and very gross. Second... The valet parking is a RIP. From what we saw there was no self parking and I'm pretty sure we paid 20 something dollars a day for parking. Ridiculous. The parking valets were very friendly though so that helped! Lastly...the wifi. As others have stated it is ridiculous that wifi is still an 15 dollar up charge a day. Come on W the freaking Hampton Inn has free wifi. I just see this as unacceptable. For such a "modern/hip/classy" place get with the program. One more thing. Check your bill when you get back and make sure they don't charge you for anything out of their extensive mini bar. They charged us for a Muncie box we didn't eat (we didn't use anything in the bar) but they quickly refunded the money when we complained so kudos for that. I would just check to be sure (we did because I had read other people mention this very same problem!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and our staff. I’m glad you enjoyed the shower and our fabulous bliss amenities – both are very popular features. Like other downtown hotels, parking is limited and the hotel only offers valet parking. There are other nearby self-parking lots but they are not affiliated with the hotel and they don’t offer the comfort or convenience of valet parking. We offer different internet connection packages in the guestrooms to accommodate different needs and we also offer free wireless internet access in the Living Room. I’m sorry to hear about the Munchie Box charge but I’m glad we were able to correct your bill promptly. Be sure to check our website for the latest Special Offers and packages that include valet parking. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back.
San Diego
Reviewed February 12, 2013

When you go to a W - people generally have an idea of what you are getting. Self admittledly they target 20-30 year olds. Dark - uber swank - endless nnn tzz nn tzzz nn tzzz music in the elevators. The W in ATL lives up to that. Good location within walking distance to good restaurants, the aquarium, CNN, Coke museum, etc. Most staff great. Besides TV not working really well, light bulbs out in the room - the unbelievably strong fragrance is overbearing. To preview what you are in store for -go to any bath and body works and spill five bottles of fragrance on yourself - WOW - I can take smokey bars, etc - but the burning of your nose and eyes in my room was a first. We had a 50 person conference and about half the rooms were that way - the hallways were pretty bad as well. I would love to talk to marketing and see how they determined the level of fragrance - "hotel smell" as they state - lets start with 30 bottles in a small hallway.

A lot of AV problems in our conf room which were attended to quickly - but gets a bit old.

Overall - you know what you are getting at a W -most staff very good - some I think are paid to "look" pretty but be absolutely clueless and apathetic. Decor trendy modern. Perfect place to people looking to have a good time. For business - not bad but this early 40 year old is at a point where I want to know where the light switch in my room is in less than 45 seconds. Be able to turn on the tv and have it work and not smell like a bottle of AXE cologne from Walmart just by walking down the hall to the elevator.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We obviously love our W scent and our specially curated music selection but also realize a little goes a long way. It is intended to subtly enhance your experience. Thanks for the gentle reminder. I’m glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the service provided by most of our staff. I like to think they look good and provide great service. We will continue to work on our service standards and quality to ensure each guest enjoys their stay and the amenities we offer. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel really impressed me! During check-in there was a mix-up with my reservation and I ended up waiting a little while until everything was worked out. Since I had to wait, the friendly front desk employee gave me two vouchers for drinks and a room upgrade! The room was wonderful - it was clean, well decorated and the bathroom was amazing! The valet staff was friendly and very prompt in retrieving our car. Plus, everything that is fun in Atlanta is within 5 miles of this hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: The Cool Corner Room has the best view of Downtown.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the décor in the guestrooms and the service provided by our talent. We love our central downtown Atlanta location. On your next visit you might enjoy our complimentary Acura car service that will transport you to many of the amazing shops, restaurants and galleries within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Until next time…cheers!
Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very disappointing. The room decor is dated and tacky -- heavy turquoise, blacks and browns. Maintenance was poor -- burned out light bulb in the toilet (not a nice experience) and a shower drain so slow the shower was ankle deep in water and risked over flowing. The black, very low coffee table on a black carpet was difficult to see and both my wife and I both managed to injure our shins by running into it.

WIFI is extortionately priced and, even worse, you have to pay separately for each device. Why do hotels do this? It is a great way to assuredly upset clients.

The one saving grace was helpful, caring staff. The doorman actually ran up and down the street and around corners to hail a taxi when none were in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel in downtown Atlanta. There are plenty to chose from.
1 Thank Edward B
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you found our talent to be helpful and friendly. I was however disappointed that your room was not prepared properly for your arrival. While this does not happen often, I shared your comments with our team to ensure each room is inspected carefully prior to arrival. I appreciate your comments regarding the pricing for Wi-Fi. The prices are based on the internet connection package you choose – we have several options available to serve different needs. We also offer free wireless internet access in the Living Room. Design can be a matter of opinion. Interestingly, we receive overwhelmingly positive feedback regarding the hotels contemporary design. Thank you for your feedback.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Siye and other valet staff at this location are kind, attentive and ready and willing to assist patrons at this location! I stayed at this downtown W back in November of 2012 for a conference, and the rooms are luxurious and modern, and the BLT Steak Bistro adjacent to the main building is also phenomenal! Well worth the money for a great, modern and clean establishment for your travel needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed the service at the hotel and our talent made you feel welcome. I look forward to sharing your comments with Siye and the rest of our team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Cheers!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 7, 2013

When traveling through an urban city with plenty of lodging options, price often dictates selection. During a recent trip to Atlanta, decided to take a chance on the W even though it was a little higher in price than the recommended hotels.

Unbeknownst to me, there was close to a city wide sellout on the night I arrived. During my flight into Atlanta the property left a message to confirm that I was indeed arriving that evening. By the time I finally arrived to the hotel, it was close to midnight and I had a sneaking suspicion that they may have given away my room since they could recoup a larger rack rate from it. Not true.

The front desk person (Loretta) was extremely kind and sympathetic to my plight. Not only did she hold the very last room for me, she even managed to immediately upgrade me when another room became available. Though my Starwood status may have had something to do with them holding the room, I got the distinct impression that serving the customer is part of the DNA of this property (and W's in general).

In this instance, it was so refreshing that a property put customer service over profit. They now have a customer for life (or whenever in Atlanta).

Room Tip: Take a higher room. Floor four is where meeting space is so it can be noisy. Also, given its c,one...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recognizing Loretta. I will be sure to share your kind words. You are always welcome at W Atlanta Downtown. We look forward to having you as our guest again.