“Priceless”

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #63 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My stay @ w was flowless the hotel situation in the hart of downtown Atlanta with breathtaking facility .... Grat staff C.A was exceptional he drove me aroun very humbel and knowledgeable an ambassador of Atlanta and the hotel over all the hotel staff was Hand picked for the sucsass!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thanks for your review! I genuinely appreciate your feedback and it is always nice to receive positive comments about our hotel and our talent. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Found it to be very trendy but nice. The staff really upbeat and accommodating. Great for a weekend getaway but business travel not for me. Too many distractions but good ones. If you like to have a good time this is the place to be. If you are not counting your pennies this the place to be. Go hard or stay home.

Room Tip: Go hard or stay home.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review. It’s always wonderful to receive positive feedback about our hotel and our talent. Our talent, especially, work hard to provide exceptional guest experiences. While we primarily cater to a corporate traveler during the week, we are the place to have fun on the weekends. Thank you for choosing W and we look forward to welcoming you back. I say go hard. Cheers!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I should start by saying that I love Starwood Hotels, but W isn't my favorite of their corporate stable. I'm a Baby Boomer, and although I like technology, I get tired of its stripped-down, high-tech decor. Really, what's the point of trying to spend a lot of time trying to turn off the lights? The hotel rooms are beautifully appointed, but their supposed-to-be-cool showers are just clear windows in the middle of the room. This means if you've brought a grandchild or just a close friend that you don't want to have watching you shower, well, too bad. And the rooms are small and had no comfy chair to sit in. (Guess we didn't get upgraded this time . . .) The good news is that this is a good location to visit the Aquarium (FABULOUS!) and the Coke Museum, plus it's a quick walk to the downtown nightlife. Yes, I'd stay here again, but I'll probably find a more traditional hotel to bring my grandchildren to the Aquarium.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views. Be sure to consider who you are traveling with because of the lack of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the décor in the guestrooms. We realize that all room setups are not for everyone and we do have different styles to offer. The shower configuration you mentioned is only in the Wonderful and Fabulous rooms with king beds. Our rooms with two queen beds have a completely opaque glass wall and a door for more privacy. On a future stay, you may want to try a Cool Corner room or a Studio Suite. They both have larger and more private bath and shower areas. Please feel free to reach out to me personally and we will find the best room for you. Cheers!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Although I did not stay at the W, I am writing a review on Bliss Spa. Upon arrival I was greated by the Valet and directed up to the spa. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. My massage therapist karla was wonderful. I had the 75 min massage. Absolutely amazing!!! I have had several massages and none like this one. I felt so relaxed that I didn't want to go home. I slept like a baby that night and was not sore the day after. I waited a few days before I wrote my review just to see if there would be any changes in the way I felt. I still feel relaxed a week later. Request Karla on your visit. I found the special on travelzoo for my massage. Check the hotel for special offers, travelzoo or spafinders.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you! We genuinely appreciate your comments about Bliss Atlanta Downtown and our talent. I’m glad you enjoyed our Blissage 75 – it’s one of our most popular spa services. I look forward to sharing your comments with Karla and the rest of our team. Be sure to check our Special Offers page for packages that include spa services and a Wonderful room. Cheers!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a very trendy hotel...but I feel underneath all of that...it's rather tacky....I've stayed here a number of times. Reception is a bit like a night club, loud music & dark. The bar is OK, expensive .
Breakfast ok...but why give you a cold plate for a hot breakfast?....(my eggs Benedict were over done...)
My room was average, but you have to lie in bed & look left (or right?) to watch TV....everything in the room seems to be for sale, my table had split black nail (???) polish on it...all a bit 'cheap' to me.....
My company pays for me to stay,...I personally wouldn't....

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent post. I’m very sorry that the hotel did not exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback about breakfast with our chef and I appreciate your other comments about your guestroom. We will be sure to address your observations during our ongoing guestroom styling and refresh program. We offer our guests several unique bar atmospheres including the more intimate Living Room lounge and Drinkshop, our craft-cocktail bar. The bar at BLT Steak is another great option. We realize that all room setups are not for everyone and we do have several different styles to offer. I can’t think of a room where the television does not directly face the bed so I’m not sure where you stayed. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and i stayed at the W on an anniversary getaway. The hotel is very modern and chic. Cool sculptures and decorating. Light Eurotechno music in the background. Subtle lighting. The staff was very friendly and helpful with us navigating Atlanta since it was our first visit there. C.A. was our Acura driver and dropped us off around town to several destinations- he was very friendly and knowledgable. The pool on the 16th floor was cool with a nice view. Corner room was great with very modern but comfortable furnishings. Only minor irritant was that the clothes drawers were a bit low budget and stuck a lot but again, this was very minor compared to the other great amenities. Lobby bar area was very cool. We like hotels that are different than the usual. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I'm very glad you had a memorable anniversary. I will be sure to share your kind words with Siye and our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overpriced rooms, No small shop with sodas or toiletries or anything. Restaurant overpriced and choice is small! No PARKING AND 30 DOLLARS A NIGHT VALET!!!!!!!! Won't stay here again!
The elevator is really slow. No coffee in lobby, you have to do room service or do without!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. In addition to the items in your guestroom, we offer many additional items through our Whatever / Whenever department. We also deliver coffee makers to rooms on request. There is a great selection of complimentary micro roast coffee and teas available in the Living Room every day until 11 am as part of our W café. For your anytime fix, we have complimentary coffee located on 5th floor around the clock. Of course, you can always enjoy a fresh cup of French press coffee from In Room Dining in the comfort of your guestroom. We like coffee. Be sure to visit our website for the latest Special Offers. We have several room packages that include valet parking. Cheers!