W Atlanta Downtown
$460
$417
Cancelon
1,134 results
All reviewsbltbliss spacool corner roomw insiderliving room barwow suiterooftop poolbliss productscar servicevalet parkinghigher floorworld of coca colacentennial parkgeorgia aquariumconvention centerdowntownalonzo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a two night stay and although there is nothing specifically wrong with the accommodation (ie. the bed was comfortable, the room was clean), the hotel felt very impersonal and as though they were trying just a little too hard to be "cool".
The impression I got from my stay was this would be a great place to party but it is not a great place to feel comfortable after a long day at work or while on vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wwttrr_021
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for posting a review. I’m glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. I was, however, disappointed that you felt the hotel was impersonal. We strive to deliver a warm and welcoming feeling to all our guests and we certainly are not trying to be something that we are not. Our intent is to make W Atlanta Downtown feel like your home away from home. We find that many of our guests work hard during the week and have fun on the weekend. Should you have the opportunity to stay again, feel free to reach out to me and we will do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a couple of nights here last weekend.

Check-in. Easy enough. Valet parking. Straightfordward process.

Rooms: A little quirky and modern. But, no real complaints. Everything was new. The shower kinda sits in the middle of the room.

Bars: 2nd floor bar was reasonably busy. Bar tenders were good and fast. There's also a bar at the 16th floor pool. I drank here before I got busy and apparently it gets very busy.

Gym: Excellent. Lots of equipment. Awesome view of downtown.

Pool: Major disappointment. Its outside but covered (to allow pool parties in the rain), meaning the sun skirts around the outside of the roof, so no complete sun coverage throughout the day. It's also very small and a limited number of beds.

Internet: You pay for it ($15) and it's extremely low, which adds insult to injury.

Major issue I had was the valet team losing the keys to my rental car. Low and behold they were found an hour late by which time I had a pick-up truck on the way from Hertz and had already phoned in to report incident to Hertz. Valet was extremely apologetic but this isn't the type of thing you would expect. Put a dampener on the whole trip.

Room Tip: Probably between 6th and 10th floor to avoid noise from bars above and below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and our staff. Sweat, our work-out facility on the 16th floor with amazing views, and Drinkshop, our craft cocktail bar on the second floor, are two of my favorite features. Interestingly, the location of the shower in the guest rooms is similar to many other hotels. What makes this room unique is the glass wall that separates the shower from the bedroom. In the Wonderful and Fabulous king rooms the glass is half opaque and half clear. In the Fabulous rooms with 2 queen beds the glass is opaque. The Fabulous queens also have a shower/tub combo and a door that separates the bedroom from the WC for added privacy. We offer two internet connection packages in the guestrooms. The basic connection gets you what you need and guests requiring faster service often choose the premium connection. We also offer free wireless internet access in the Living Room. I was very disappointed to hear about the situation with your car keys. I hope you accept my sincere apology. This is a very uncommon occurrence and I will work with our valet parking company to ensure it does not happen in the future. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was in town on business all week with friends and stayed at this location and all I can say is the Acura driver Frank should run the hotel because he does everything. When I checked in he delivered my luggage to my room in style all I saw was a handsome man at my door with my luggage I was blown away how he took charge in explaining everything possible and giving me so many options for our stay. He explained he was the Acura driver and he could drive me and the ladies in style within a reasonable distance. We jumped on that exclusive opportunity with that handsome fella. With all that being said whoever stays here I reccommend you seek out Frank the Acura driver 1st to begin your stay and with our overall experience he always was on point with everything we needed or wanted. Thanks Frank!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I didnt feel well in this place. The hotel seemed over designed; rooms are dark and not well appointed. Overcomplicated lighting system in the room. It took at least 3-5 minutes every time to get to elevator. View: noisy highway. Both pool and bar were always crowded with non-hotel guests parties. Strange, drunk people walking around past midnight, when you want to relax. This hotel should make a serious choice about its focus – its guests or local crowd. Next time in Atlanta, I will stay in a hotel that will make me a priority. The hotel is very close to MARTA train, that takes you directly to the airport. Piedmond park about 15 minute walk.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the highway, higher up.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Clovicek
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was speaking at a conference and decided to stay here. I found it laid back and missed all the wild parties everyone else is writing about. I love the room. It was spacious, modern and comfortable. I worked on my speech and the bar and also spent time writing without interruptions. Most of the staff was great; some of the folks at the front desk were a bit stiff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business