W Atlanta Downtown
Twelve Centennial Park(Atlanta)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,127 results
All reviewsbltbliss spacool corner roomw insiderliving room barwow suiterooftop poolbliss productscar servicevalet parkinghigher floorworld of coca colacentennial parkgeorgia aquariumconvention centerdowntownalonzo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Upon check-in, I was given an awesome corner room with plenty of light, sitting area, and a huge shower with separate wc. The staff were all very courteous and helpful. The concierge recommended Max Lager's (only a short walk), and I ended up eating there 3 times during my stay. I also had an incredible martini at the hotel lounge. I was in Atlanta for business, and the W Atlanta Downtown was conviently located within walking distance of the office. I look forward to staying here during my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MJ-Charleston-SC
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is a review of the staff at the Downtown Atlanta W. Although I didn't stay there overnight, I did have a problem with a reservation at a different W. Matt, the manager of this hotel, was able to call the other W and fix the problem quickly, efficiently, and professionally. I was very impressed. At other hotels they would have pointed me to an 800 number. Instead, Matt fixed the problem immediately and I was delighted. Thanks again for the impeccable service.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I are in our late 60's, and we were both exhausted when we got there. The car was taken away within a min, the front desk had us in our room in about 2 min, and we decided to eat in our room and watch a movie. Such a great decision. We were in a back to the future movie eating and watching the movie "Super" sure to be a cult classic!

The surroundings are a mix between ultra new and the 70's. We felt both old and young at the same time. The food was wonderful and if you saw the movie "Date Night" we both felt like we should turn our clothes around and say your welcome.

Will we stay again, Yes, thanks for something out of the ordinary.
Sincerely
Eve Tidwell

Room Tip: Don't forget to use your military discount!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank evetidwell
Reviewed May 12, 2011

April Maddox, concierge, was the highlight of our stay. She gave us a warm welcome from the very first. She was eager to please and helped us with our vegan needs. She directed us to the hotel restaurant for hot water for tea. She was interested in us personally, not just going through the motions of her job.

The dark colors of the room and poor lighting were our only complaints. We enjoyed our time here very much.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for what was supposed to be a 5 night stay. Right as we arrived my partner suffered a medical emergency and we spent the next 3 nights at the hospital. From the moment we rushed off to hospital the staff kept in contact with me and offered any help possible. Upon returning to the hotel 4 days later, the staff (especially Woody and April) welcomed us back as if we were old friends and treated us with great respect and genuine concern. They took care of hotel related things that that they could for us (parking, internet, etc.) but more importantly they would just talk to us like friends (versus customers) each time we saw them. The level of service we received was amazing! We very much appreciate everything the hotel did for us during what turned out to be a very stressful stay. It helped make being away from home during this time a little bit easier.

As far as the actual hotel goes - the property was beautiful. The structure itself was built specifically for the W, so everything seemed top notch and custom. It is a trendier hotel and is modern and funky. We loved that. It is not for everyone... The beds (as usual) were amazing and we could not have been happier with our accommodations. The location was good for us. It is right off the highway and on the edge of Downtown/Midtown. We were able to walk to Olympic Centennial Park and all the surrounding activities (World of Coke and Georgia Aquarium, Phillips Arena, and Georgia Dome) without any problem. If plan on spending time downtown, the location is great.

My only complaint relates to the cost of parking and internet. I am a Starwood Preferred Guest and always stay at a Starwood Hotel on my travels. Still I am expected to pay 30 a day for parking and 20 a day for internet. I would think as a frequent guest I would get some type of reduced rate or no charge at all (even cheap hotels offer this). But this is not specific to the W - Atlanta Downtown, it relates to all Starwood properties.

If you are looking for a fun, classy, and upscale hotel in downtown - I would totally recommend the W Atlanta Downtown.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have more space and views.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple