“Great Hotel and Great Customer Service!!!”
Review of W Atlanta Downtown

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #60 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alabama
“Great Hotel and Great Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My friends and I stayed here for my friend's bachelorette celebration. From the time we pulled up to valet park our car, the entire staff was courtesy and thankful that we decided to stay at the W. It was four ladies in a two queen size bed room, and the room was the right size. This was my first time staying at the W and I must say that it was a great experience. The ambiance was so chic!!! I would definitely stay at a W Hotel again. I just hope the customer service parallels the W Hotel Downtown Atlanta!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Stayed here for a volleyball tournament with my family. My wife & I are in our mid-40s and came with our teenage daughter. We all had a hard time seeing with the minimal lighting and dark walls in the lobby and room. The lobby is very cramped, so I'm glad we didn't come in with a lot of people. I like the security aspect of it, but they need to make it more obvious you need to swipe your room key to use elevator. Walls were very thin so not the most quiet hotel. Just like a lot of hotels in this category, they charge for EVERYTHING. For example, $10 for 2 small Oreo packs. Also, $11 for an intimacy packet (2 condoms & lube). I know that people have sex in hotel rooms, but you don't have to encourage it! It drives me crazy that you get free internet, in-room coffee & fridge paying $120 and $200/night hotels charge.

The room wasn't very clean. They never cleaned a sticky soft drink ring on the desk that was there when we arrived and there were skid marks in the toilet.

All the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We used the MDX, which was fine but they only had one for the entire hotel.

Anyway, OK stay overall but I felt like I was in a nightclub more than a hotel most of the time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank UTFanatic
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Overall good experience. It's a little bit different in terms of style and decor..sort of a modern/contempary feel. Top notch customer service from EVERYONE. Good on site restaurant in BLT Steakhouse. Excellent sleeping situation..dark rooms. Small, but nice enough spa and fitness center.

Only drawback was location...just slightly isolated...couple of blocks in immediate vicinity a litte rundown.

• Stayed April 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I had really expected the W to be a nice hotel but was shortly disappointed. The room was quite small and cramped. You could hear people talking and coughing in the adjacent rooms. There was no free internet access. If you want internet, expect to pay $20/day for it. They offer the typical temptations in the room, but the prices were unreal. Unless you're drunk or something, who pays $10 for M&M's or $8 for bottled water. The decor was nice but that is about all I have positive to say about the place. Some of the staff was nice, some were not so nice. If you have money to burn or are impressed with names, stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TxBobS
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The wall are paper thin, even there employees agree with this. You can hear everything in the room next to you. Had to switch rooms , hotel made what should have easy mid week room change, a hassle. Don't usually complain about hotels, but had very poor experience! Would not go back

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jimmyjohn911
Sarasota Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The W is a very contemporary hotel. The rooms are very nice but do not have enough light. Everything is so stylish that I found it annoying. The shower is in the middle of the room with half the panel clear so your companion can watch you in the shower to a degree.

Service was exceptional. All staff was very good at their jobs.

The W is a very good hotel if you like contemporary styling. It seems to cater to younger, more hip people than me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I recently stayed at the downtown W hotel and I just wanted to let you know that your staff was extremely helpful and nice and made our stay one to remember. I was particularly impressed with the Valet Services and how welcoming they made our family feel.

I plan on staying at your hotel again … and will also recommend for any business ventures/meetings.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family