“Riding on past glory”

Cross street: between Huff Road & 14th Street
Atlanta, Georgia
“Riding on past glory”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

There was a time that this was the best restaurant in the Southeast. Now, it is not the best in the shopping center. The food is just ok. It has not kept pace with the development of Atlanta as a pretty good food city. The wait staff is snotty and not at all helpful. One has the feeling that they are really inconvenienced by having to serve. The wine list is very, very limited. I udnerstood this when it was an up and coming restaurant. Now I find it grossly disappointing considering the price of the entrees. When you expect a guest to pay $100 per person for food, you should have some good wines to offer with it. I suppose I will have to return here because of friends who remember the good old days, but I will push for Restaurant Eugene or Rathbun.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michael W

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“not worth the investment”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We are Foodies and having heard about Bacchanalia from our local friends my Bride and I were looking forward to eating here. we found the service to be some of the worst we had experienced in a long time (could be that we had an early reservation and the wait staff was still waking up!!). The food was Ok but certainly not anything as inspired as we had been led to expect. Save your cash and eat at Miller Union or one of the other newer resturants springing up

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank ANP123
“Falafel mania”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Best falafel wrap in the area. Unfortunately Basha Bistro closed, so get the best on this side of 75.

georgia
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I loved hanging out for hours at this place! There is a store in front of the renown Bacchanalia restaurant and they have a deli counter with all kinds of goodies to choose from! I would have given it five stars but it is a little bit pricey. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and I enjoyed exploring all the cool things they have for sale as well as eating a yummy late lunch. The shortbread,chocolate,caramel and sea salt bar was to die for. I can't wait to go back and try some other things from the deli. I had a combination of salads for my lunch. Lentils,a beet salad,cucumber/dill and onion , marinated mushrooms and a chickpea salad...all very nicely spiced. Delish!!

• Visited September 2012
“Good, but too expensive”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've eaten fix-priced several course menus before in other countries but this was my first in the USA. I don't know if the chefs of Bacchanalia are really famous locally but man are they expensive (we had no idea of the price when we made the reservation). We decided to give a try - maybe the food is really out of this world. You could choose one dish from a list of 5 or 6 from each of the five minimalistic courses: entrees, seafood, main course, cheese and dessert. Two complimentary dishes were given. Pairing recommendations were given but had to be paid apart. We ordered one drink each instead, as we didn't want finances to be the main topic of the dinner. I was satisfied with my meal, very creative and fresh. My husband, not really, mentioned the veal dish was nothing special. We concluded that yes, its a nice and interesting place to go, but maybe wine pairing could be included in the menu's price (like in other countries) so the experience would be more interesting.

1 Thank Mae T