“Great sushi...be careful of the upsale”

Steel Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #415 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: MARTA directions: Exit off the Midtown Station. Head towards Peachtree Place, and take a RIGHT when leaving the station. The walk is about half a block, and you will see our red "S" logo waving on the black flag above our front door.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friends and I stopped here Saturday night for sushi and drinks. The sushi was excellent, we ordered five different rolls and all but one was excellent. Our waitress recommended the zebra roll and it was awful, I would not recommend that to anyone. Of course the one she suggested was the most expensive on the menu. She also continually tried to push more expensive wine, sushi, more appetizers, and dessert and coffee. She would not stop... we just wanted to enjoy our meal and every time we turned around she was there pushing more stuff. The sushi was great, but I think next time I would sit in someone else's section.

1  Thank DaisyDot24

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Have been there twice now and has been great both times. Got the tuna tataki for app...yummm. Mahi Mahi, seafood combination, combination fried rice, and tuna for dinner. All tasted great with a wonderful presentation. The hot teas are really good as well. The servers are very attentive both times we went. The only thing that did not impress me was there cheesecake with blueberries or strawberries. I love my desserts and this just tasted like something I would make at home with the silver philadelphia cream cheese box. Not worth $8. Sushi was really good as well. And they have a parking garage next door as well.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have several trips for lunch to the Steel Restaurant & Lounge under my belt but this was the first for dinner. The usual fare at lunch in a Binto box and I am a fan but always order chicken or salmon. All my coworkers order and recommend Chilean Sea Bass but I had always declined and ordered the "safe" entres. I took my wife here for our 40th wedding anniversary and to mix things up finally ordered the sea bass.

O....M....G.... I have died and gone to heaven. The saki and something else marianade sea bass was the MOST delightful taste experience I have had in a while. My wife ordered the salmon so we could have something to eat if the adventure turned bad but I refused social sharing to keep from "spoiling" the WONDERFUL taste of the sea bass. The wife and I wound up fork fencing for last tidbits of the bass.

I tried to fake preparation unacceptability to the server so as to get another serving for the rather steep price of the one. She had heard it before but thanked the chef for me, regardless.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It's unfortunate that our meal was marrred by the fact that they had a very large party there that evening, so our sushi appetizer took more than 30 minutes to arrive after we ordered. When it finally arrived it was delicious though, and to her credit, the waitress informed us about what was happening and was trying very hard to overcome the problem. the rest of the meal was pretty good, if not exactly what we had in mind, but over all very tasty. In the end they did give us a price concession for the extended wait. so, if given the chance, we would go back.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I went with colleagues who had been here before and thought it would be American steakhouse cuisine with the name Steel. However, it's Asian and sushi, etc. It was very very good. My dish was excellent and show uniqueness not typical of your average or above average Asian restaurant. Service was excellent. I highly recommend it.