“See a show, make a pupet! Spend a Day!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 281 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Center for Puppetry Arts is a unique cultural treasure - a magical place where children and adults are educated, enlightened and entertained. Since 1978, the Center has introduced millions of visitors to the wonder and art of puppetry and has touched the lives of many through enchanting performances, curriculum-based workshops and the hands-on Museum, as well as Distance Learning and Outreach Programs.
Medellin, Colombia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“See a show, make a pupet! Spend a Day!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

And you may see also their museum exhibits at midtown Atlanta, limited free parking.It is a Center for Puppetry Arts and is amazing, sure it is.I never thoght it would be such a good experience.Great!

Visited May 2012

Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I went to see Jim Henson's puppets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went specifically to see Jim Henson's puppets. Even though there are currently only a few on display, seeing some of the original drawings for the puppets, seeing the history of i.e. Fraggle Rock., seeing the short movie about famous songs etc. it was very interesting and worth while. The fact that the current exhibit will be extended in 2014 to include more puppets of Henson's will make it even more worth while when the new exhibits opens.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Leanne J
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun in Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great fun with the kids! I have a special needs adult daughter and she loves the shows! It is nice to take her to something she loves!

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Absolutely bizarre and wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I think they put on lots of shows for kids, but I've only been to the evening shows for adults and they're really a lot of fun. If you have a good sense of humor you'll really enjoy their offbeat slightly twisted productions. Great to take in a show with a group of friends.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank snoogle
Madison, AL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great exhibits & puppet show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place and my only complaint is that I wish there was more of it to see! The "Galapagos George" show was very good and my 6 & 8 yo boys loved all the different puppet animals in it. The Jim Henson exhibit was my favorite by far - it made me nostalgic and featured all my favorite characters. I do wish admission covered both shows being performed that day - we were done exploring after about an hour and wished we had more to do/see.