“Great venue for kids”

Ranked #20 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Center for Puppetry Arts is a unique cultural treasure - a magical place where children and adults are educated, enlightened and entertained. Since 1978, the Center has introduced millions of visitors to the wonder and art of puppetry and has touched the lives of many through enchanting performances, curriculum-based workshops and the hands-on Museum, as well as Distance Learning and Outreach Programs.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

While my son is not a big puppet fan, we had a great time at a birthday party here. Show was very well done.

1  Thank Laura S

Reviewed October 2, 2012

What an amazing place! This is not just a museum with dolls on strings but a real performing arts center. The shows we have seen have all been very intertaining. One was geared for children and the others for adults. I enjoyed taking my young nephews there for a unique entertainment experience, but its really the grown up shows that I go back for. Its pure magic!

4  Thank Carlotta15
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I didn't even know I liked puppets or puppetry until I came to this place. It is fantastic! The puppets are fascinating and the shows are great. There's an entire exhibit about Jim Henson and the Muppets of Sesame Street fame.

5  Thank Nomis N
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My son and I went with his school on a class field trip. We learned a lot. Very educational. We recommend getting some homeschool friends together and taking a fieldtrip down to the Center for Puppetry Arts for a day of Education.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I went with my husband and we had an interesting time. We did the Jim Henson guided tour and it was well worth the $10.75 per ticket. The guide was great she knew her stuff. The tour lasted an hour and we now know everything about Jim Henson’s career. We also looked at the World of Puppets exhibit it was very neat. The place is worth checking out.