3,295 results
All reviews sundial restaurant sun dial restaurant heavenly bed floor to ceiling windows top floor ferris wheel centennial park valet parking room service convention center georgia aquarium self park enjoyed my stay business trip world of coca cola starbucks downtown
Reviewed March 13, 2015

I was there for a business conference that I had planned. The staff was most accommodating, professional and friendly. Stephanie and Lawanda were Great! Our meeting rooms were a nice size and we had positive feedback regarding them. Food was awesome. Thank goodness my bed was "heavenly", as I collapsed in it each night. The view is spectacular! We went to the Sundial Bar our first night there; the second time I had been there and loved it as much as the first. Food and drink are a bit pricey, but again, the view is out of this world. Business Center is a bit pricey, as well. FedEx has a "store" in the Business Center, VERY pricey. $10 to pick-up a package. Overall, my experience was great! Will be back when I'm in Atlanta.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

Hello 'Michelle W',

I'm so happy to hear that Stephanie, Lawanda, and our Westin Peachtree Plaza team exceeding your expectations during your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your much appreciated feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2015

Stayed here due to a cancelled flight at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. Check-in (for an SPG Platinum member) was less than desirable. Room was clean but VERY noisy in adjacent rooms. Music with heavy bass was booming all night long. Ordered room service at 11 PM and it arrived at almost 12:20 am. Embarrassing. It's fine to rest your head but would call it mediocre in every other way. Not returning.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank DerekJ315
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2015

Hello 'Derek J',

I am disappointed to hear that you did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. I apologize for the excessive noise you experienced, delay in delivery of your In-Room Dining order, and that your SPG experience was unsatisfactory during your stay. Please know that we strive to provide attentive service and a restful stay for all of our guests and I apologize that you did not experience that. I'd like to discuss your review a little further, so please contact me directly at westinpeachgm@westin.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you for taking the time to share your important feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

Very nice and clean kept hotel awesome rotating restaurant on the 72nd floor hotel is pricy but nice, employees are very friendly and helpful at least the ones I talked to, from the very top of the hotel you can see the whole city the bar at the 73rd floor opens at 2 pm so we didn't get to go in maybe next time.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MIguelTerrazas
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2015

Hi 'MIguelTerrazas',

It's always great to hear that our guests truly enjoyed their stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed visiting the Sun Dial Restaurant and our friendly associates. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming back soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2015 via mobile

Clean rooms with VERY comfortable beds.

Staff was excellent for our event and hotel catered breakfasts and lunches were above average.

Walking distance from several restaurants and downtown attractions.

Stayed 3 days without using my car.

I don't ride elevators. They accommodated by placing me on the lowest guest level and security gladly allowed me to use the steps.

Pool looked cool.

Wife and kids would have enough to do while I was in meetings. I recommend bringing the family--especially from Spring to Fall.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello 'Paul O',

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meeting experience and our convenient location during your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and hopefully, your family in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

I'll start with the pros!

Great location for those wanting to be in Downtown, good amenities in public areas such as a Starbucks in the lobby, great views from floor to ceiling windows of the room in what I understand to be the tallest building in Atlanta, good access to the MARTA train.

Now the cons.

This is an old hotel. The walls between rooms are paper thin. Our bathroom was tiny and house keeping in our room weren't doing a great job of keeping on top of the years of dirt.

Our room (ending in '01), was directly opposite the noisy old ice machine and we were woken up each night without fail at sporadic times, whilst it produced fresh ice - loudly.

Service is virtually non-existent due entirely to the vast size of the hotel (it is huge). This is not to be negative about the staff, but you don't get any opportunity to interact with anyone in a place that big. Perhaps some people may prefer that but I like to feel a little valued when spending large amounts of cash.

Overall I was totally underwhelmed by this property and won't be back.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank TomP977
WestinPeachGM, Front Office Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2015

Good Afternoon 'Tom P',

I'm so disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during you recent stay with us. I'd also like to apologize that your stay was not a restful due to the excessive noise you experienced. I do hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback.