“Better than the Last Time”

The Westin Peachtree Plaza
Ranked #40 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Better than the Last Time”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We returned to Westin Peachtree with a free one night stay due to a poor experience in June. I must say the young lady at check in was very helpful and pleasant. The room was clean with a beautiful view. The bathroom is a little cramped and the floor could have used a broom (lots of hair on the floor). The location, being in downtown, is perfect to visit the Georgia Aquarium or Georgia Dome. Also, the interstate is easily accessible. One area that the hotel could improve is the valet service. It seems very disorganized although the men that bring the cars are polite and willing to help in many ways.

Room Tip: Always request a high floor room and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
Lanett, Alabama
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night in March to attend a concert at the Hard Rock Café Velvet Underground. Upon our arrival we used the valet parking just because we did not know there was also self parking. I would have preferred to self park, but the valet staff was very helpful and friendly as they informed us that parking cost $34 and directed us to registration on the next floor up.

We were immediately helped at registration by a very nice and soft spoken clerk. She found our reservation (which was for an upper floor room with two queen beds) and offered us a king bed. I reminded her that my reservation had been for two beds and that is exactly what we got on the 63 floor. We were directed to the elevators and told which ones to use that require a swipe of your keycard to get to the upper floors. I liked that bit of security.

The room was very nicely appointed, spacious and comfortable. The view was breathtaking! By all means spring for the extra $10 for an upper floor! After dark we sat and stared at the view for a long time. The lights of the city were just so beautiful.

The room was spotless, bed and pillows very comfortable, plenty of electrical outlets, plenty of mirrors for two females to apply make up and do hair, a safe, and mini bar. I enjoyed the glasses that were like stemless wine glasses. They were great for drinking our before dinner drinks. Also, two small bottles of wine were available, one white and one red. Both held about two pours of wine and cost $20. The wine was very good and I have not been charged for it yet.

The bathroom was clean, well equipped and spacious. The shower had a heavenly rainwater shower head as well as handheld sprayer. Also, a comfortable robe was on the back of the bathroom door.

As far as the negatives (if you could call them that) - I would have liked to put my personal drinks in the mini bar but it was clearly labeled that we could not do that and I could also hear people in the hallway a couple of times. Neither issue is a biggie to me.

Upon checking out and retrieving my vehicle, we were told there was no charge for parking! That was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel was a treat for us and not a place we would usually choose because of the expense. I do highly recommend it if money isn't an issue or for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Get the upper floors for the view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank KatEagle
Henderson, Kentucky
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

It is obvious that whomever was in charge of the renovations, never spent a night in this hotel. Would it have been that much more expensive to install a soft closing door?? Laying in bed at night you hear a door open, a door SLAM, another door open, another door SLAM!!! Not closing hard, not closing slightly harder, IT SLAMS. The head board vibrates from a door slamming down the hall! The rooms ate nicely renovated. The hotel itself is quite lovely, but those door are the deal breaker! Will not stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SheaFamilyTrip
Myesha C, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Good Afternoon 'SheaFamilyTrip',

After reading your review, I'm so disappointed to hear about the excessive noise you experienced and that your stay was not a restful one during your recent stay with us. Please know that I have notified our Engineering Department regarding this matter and look forward to having this resolved in the near future. I would like to discuss your review a little further, so please feel free to contact me directly at myesha.cross@westin.com at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make this right for you.

Warmest Regards,

Myesha Cross
The Westin Peachtree Plaza
Starnberg
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Westin hotel is a very good hotel for a business stay in Atlanta. The entrance to the hotel includes several ups and downs which may complicate where to go but at the end everything is OK if you are not seriously handicapped. Rooms are spacy and clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I know I've reviewed this property before, but I really, really love staying here. With the completed renovation, it's even better than before. All the public spaces got a facelift that maintained the character of the property, but made it look even better. New carpet, wall treatments, furniture...the works. Even Starbucks in the lobby got redone and is now bigger...YAY! This trip, our room on the 48th floor faced north, (thanks to the reception host who accommodated my request) and the view is spectacular...day or night. We ended our days at the Merchandise Market sitting in front of the floor to ceiling wall to wall window for hours just talking and enjoying the view. The renovation of the rooms is a success too, although I did miss the small sofas they used to have. Bathrooms are small, but removing the tub and replacing it with a standup shower with rainhead plus handheld was genius. Love the lighted mirror too. This is my favorite property.

Room Tip: Since one wall is totally glass, I'd avoid the east side unless you want to be awake at sunrise...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank xsdv8
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Staff: The staff was very helpful and accommodating. This included contact with Desk clerks, bar and lounge staff, housekeeping, and maintenance. In making a request or asking for assistance I received great service.

Room: The room was very clean. I had a room directly across from an ice maker. From 9am until 9pm the ice maker sounded like a 737 taxiing. However, after 9am it didn't make a sound again until 9am. The noise from the closing of unit doors is no worse than any other hotel I have been in, and is better than a number of them. The views are spectacular.

Fitness center and Pool: Both are great and clean. Plenty of well maintained workout equipment and spacious. The pool is neat.

General: Overall the hotel does not feel tired or rundown, as many convention hotels do. It felt and looked clean, well maintained, and they are remodeling.

Room Tip: Any room above 40 has a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott E
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have been to this property in the past but this is the first time I've seen it since they have finished with the renovations. The property looks amazing! Everything is brand new, from the check-in desk to the rooms. The look is modern but still cozy. When we arrived there was a line for check in from a sudden rush and within seconds there were more employees arriving to assist. Erica Lumpkin checked us in and she was fantastic! She was quick but still personable. She seemed genuinely interested in our plans (we were staying for a girls night) and made recommendations for the restaurant we had booked later in the evening. This stay was just what we were looking for in the evening and the Westin helped to make everything flawless.

Room Tip: High floors have amazing views!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends