“Weekend Trip”

GreenLeadersSilver level
TN
“Weekend Trip”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just returned from our stay at the JW Marriott Buckhead. Very nice hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the none tigon to the Lenox Mall. The Marta station was right across the street which was very convenient. Only complaint was the $25 per day parking fee.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Love this place. Attached to Lenox Mall. Got the Legendary shoppers package. This is a must. With AAA discount. Includes breakfast, valet parking, 25 gift card to mall AND to 10 restaurants of your choice and a Macy's discount.
Check in was fast and courteous. She even walked us to elevators!
Room was nice size. New. Not dated. Everything clean and worked. Shower pressure is so=so.
Only negatives: The shuttle was booked solid so didn't get driven to dinner AND next door neighbors having all night party shrieking in hall and talking loudly like in a frat house. That is the problem with all hotels. Guest who act like they were raised in a zoo.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best place to stay particularly because of connection to the mall. Shop. Drop packages in room. Go back.
Breakfast has cooked to order eggs. Fruit. Salmon. Cheeses. Danishes. Waffles. The works!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks for the “winning” comments. The Shopping Package is definitely a winner when you visit us on the weekends. I was delighted to learn that your check in was efficient and our staff courteous. Thank you for letting me know. The shuttle does get very popular on the weekends with all the entertainment options within a 2 mile radius so I am sorry you did not get to take advantage of this service. Our number one priority is for our guests to have a peaceful night’s sleep so you can rest assured that I have personally followed up on your noise concerns with our loss prevention team to ensure they keep an extra ear tuned in during their evening rounds. We will look forward to your return!
orlando
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My assistant booked me in this hotel in December of 2013. I had a good room and service was good. She booked me here again and I had a late check in. Despite the fact that the reservation was made more than a week prior I was assigned a room by the elevator with a port hole for a window . My assistant specifically requested a decent room on club floor. Despite the management's representation that "management addresses your concern with immediate action ",I was advised that no other rooms were available . I don't believe that it is appropriate to allocate rooms based on check in time. Accordingly, I will move to the Four Seasons where I know that I will have an appropriate room for the price irrespective of the time of day I checked in. While I understand that there is a significant difference between a four seasons or a ritz and a marriott, I simply want what I pay for . That did not happen here.

Room Tip: Apparently it is first come first serve, so arrive early or stay elsewhere
Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent visits and post. I am very sorry that we were unable to honor your specific room request on our Club Level floors. We do receive many specific room requests daily and try to honor as many of these as possible. We only have a certain quantity of Club Level rooms available each evening and unfortunately when the hotel is full, we are not always able to guarantee specifics requests such as being located away from the elevator. I do hope you understand and were able to enjoy the other benefits and features our Club Level rooms offer. We sincerely strive to ensure our guests are comfortable and have a positive experience. We appreciate your loyalty and do hope you will give us the opportunity to host your future stays.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here the day after staying in the 5-star Intercontinental, so needless to say, I'm trying not to be bias on my opinion of the hotel. It is a very nice hotel. My first issue was trying to get into the hotel lobby from Lenox Ave. I couldn't figure out where to go and park so that I could go and check in. After about 5 mins of driving in circles and driving up the back of the hotel, I found the lobby. Soon as you walk in, you are hit with a wonderful smelling fragrance. The staff was very friendly and checked me in promptly. Once I got in the room, I checked out the bathroom. The tile was a little old fashioned which was also in the shower. And the tub was very small. Great shower head.

The pool was great. The whole pool area looks very 5 starish. Fresh towels, and a locker room for you to change, and a nice sauna. My only complaint about the hotel was my bed. It was creaky and very hard. Every time I moved it, it squeaked. Other than that, the hotel is nice and everyone was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was at JW Marriott for a work conference. From the moment you arrive, the bell captain get your name so the front check-in person has your name and hopefully info ready to go. I had made a bunch of request ahead of time. But when I got to my room, none of the stuff I arranged for was there. When I called down to the front, while they got me the wrong room, they made sure to deliver my stuff to the right place. In addition, Baba & Rueben & team had gone above and beyond to get me a fridge and dry ice to keep my medicine nice and cold for the duration of my stay. As a matter of fact, Rueben had gone to Target and Publix to get me a cooler and dry ice because the hotel fridge, while effective at its job, was too small. So, they went and got me dry ice twice. The only reason why this review did not get all 5 stars is because of one of the concierge guys and the shipping area. I had to ship out the cold medicine back home. And the concierge told me that UPS pick up at 6pm. Turns out only FedEx picks up, not UPS. The shipping area saw it and it has a dry ice sticker on top and did not mention anything. When I called to follow up, that's when they realize the box has been sitting there and missed the 2nd day's deadline. Finally had to ask the shipping person to make sure the box had gone out. Luckily the 2nd box dropped off at Concierge, Rory had personally made sure that it got to UPS in order. So, thank goodness he had a sense of making it happen.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make arrangement, hotel of this caliber are usually pretty good about getting everyth...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am happy our staff was able to turn what must have been a disappointment to you with your room requests and shipment into a positive experience in the end. I am sorry, however, that you had to struggle with your requests in the first place. You can be certain that I have followed up with our associates on your shipping issues and have shared your comments with those who went “above and beyond” – Baba, Reuben & Rory. Thank you for letting us know. I hope you will plan to stay with us during your next work conference.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Took my bride on a trip to Atlanta to do some shopping and sightseeing!! (and managed to squeeze in a round of golf) The shopping package at the JW Marrriott in Buckhead was everything they claimed and more. Having lived in Dallas for along time, my wife enjoys shopping at finer malls and we don't have them in Little Rock. The hotel is attached to Lenox Square Mall so you walk right out the door into the mall. With all the top department stores and boutiques, she was in heaven. We never had to leave the hotel and never got the car out of valet until we were ready to leave Atlanta. I have gotten "packages" before at other hotels and most of the time find they are not quite what they are all built up to be. Not the case here!!! For example, we had breakfast in our room both days and it cost us less than $15 because the package allows that. They just give you a $38 credit toward your breakfast if you order room service. The hotel has been redone and the decor and atmosphere is fantastic. I can't say enough about how wonderful the service was and what a great experience this turned out to be. Check out the "Legendary Shopping Package" and be ready to be very pleased. Your significant other will thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the city!!!
Cohutta, Georgia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Buckhead on Saturday March 1, 2014. Everything was perfect from check in to check out. I was greeting by valet and directed inside the hotel. The lady at the front desk greeted me with a warm smile. The room was perfect. I had a terrace in the sky with a great view. I had dinner in the lobby lounge. The food and service were superb. The next morning I enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. Sadly, it became time to leave. I look forward to my next visit to Atlanta.

Room Tip: High floors are always best.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo