“overpriced and valet parking ridiculous” 3 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #35 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bluffton, South Carolina
“overpriced and valet parking ridiculous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This year one of my son's Christmas presents was to come to Atlanta and shop. My first choice was to stay as close to Lenox Square and Phipps as possible so we made reservations at JW Marriot. The service was ok, valet parking $32, wi fi $16.95...overpriced after spending close to $200 for one night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L Michelle T
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for making the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead your choice destination for your Holiday shopping trip and for your candid comments regarding our valet parking charges. I do frequently monitor the valet parking charges so they are in line with other hotels in the area and will certainly take your feedback into consideration during my next review. I hope you will consider taking advantage of our attractive shopping location and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel and great location connected to Lennox Mall. Valet and Front Desk were excellent. Reservation notes stated we were celebrating our wedding anniversary but it was not acknowledged at all. Only one set of towels in the king room and took 15 or so minutes to bring more up. This was a bit of a hassle as we were dressing for dinner reservations. Couldn't tell if my room was upgraded (Platinum status)- no view, no amenities but maybe being on the 21st floor was it. Overall an ok stay in a very comfortable bed but for future special occasions I will likely pick the Ritz .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent visit and post. I would like to sincerely apologize that our team missed acknowledging your wedding anniversary and for the delay in getting towels to your room. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations so you can be certain that I will personally follow up on your service issues. I am glad you enjoyed our location and that our Front Desk and Valet were excellent. I hope you will consider visiting us again.
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Every visit to the South starts with JW.
Supreme service, staff and accommodation. If Tomas is still behind the bar - see ya May time fella! Looking forward to our regular couple of nights before we drive of to explore Tennessee and Visit our good friends at Cobb Creek Cabins in Murphy NC.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your post, your loyalty and your nice comments. We will see you the next time you travel through Atlanta. I'm glad we are your favorite stop over location.
Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We live in the Atlanta vicinity and always stay in Atlanta to celebrate our anniversary. This year I chose the JW Marriott. The Hotel was very nicely decorated and the staff treated us like "Royalty". Michael provided excellent customer service. He gave us an upgraded room which included an awesome view of the Atlanta skyline. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel provided a free Chauffer service to restaurants within a 2 mile radius. This was nice. Our breakfast was complimentary thanks to Christainia who was so pleasant and personable. The breakfast included made to order omelets and a buffet that included an extensive breakfast offering. After breakfast we got in the hot tub which was also very nice and relaxing. The price was reasonable relative to other hotels in the area and the hotel connects to the Lenox Mall. It was a great experience!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for making the JW Marriott Atlanta your choice hotel to celebrate this very special occasion. We appreciate your nice comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to share your accolades with all of our associates and especially with Michael and Christiania. They will be pleased they made you feel like "royalty". I hope you will plan to visit us again for your next annivesary.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hotel was very nice. Rooms were great. Excellent location. Buckhead is sufficiently close to everything you need. Was there for a football game and was able to get to the game and have a fun trip without the hassle of long drive times. Customer service was really great. The downstairs bar was great. The breakfast was great. Made to order omelets and a buffet that was really good. The price was reasonable relative to other hotels in the area because I got the room well in advance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing your great comments. I'm delighted you found our hotel to be convenient and our customer service to be top notch. We look forward to your return.
Boerne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

There are multiple Marriott Hotels in this area, within walking distance. Two of them across the street from each other. If you re not aware of this it is easy to pull into the wrong one. If the one you chose is the Hotel, not the conference center you will find it is not just across the street, but also inside a shopping mall, with confusing one way streets, and no easy way to turn around. This driving problem is severe enough that I would advise anyone not very familiar with the area to consider other facilities. Otherwise the hotel is typical Marriott. Others in our group were staying in other walking distance hotels. I asked the check in desk if there was a restaurant in the hotel, and was told it was on the second floor, and was open until 11. Based upon that our group agreed to meet in the hotel. When we gathered for dinner, the restaurant was closed,apparently for renovation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Don G
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit to the JW Marriott Atlanta. I am very sorry you had difficulty finding the hotel. It can be confusing with the Atlanta Marriott Hotel and Conference Center located across the street. We are attached to the mall which is a wonderful convenience; however, I will continue to review the signage around the perimeter of the mall to ensure we are clearly marked. We want all of our guests to have a perfect arrival experience. It is most concerning to me that you were misinformed about our dining options on the evening of your stay. Our Nox Creek Southern Grill located on the second floor is open for breakfast only. Dinner and lunch are served in the Nox Creek Lounge on the first floor with a full array of chef-crafted items available. I will personally follow up with our front office team to ensure all associates are aware. I do hope you will choose to visit us again and will plan to enjoy a wondeful dining experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My experience at J.W. Marriott started as a pleasant experience and has ended as a customer service nightmare that I have only previously read about online. I traveled to Atlanta in a vehicle that I had just purchased 3 weeks prior and had 1,500 miles on it as I pulled into the hotel. I was excited about my trip as I had custom ordered this vehicle after just selling my previous car that was 10 years old and had 250,000 miles on it. I had waited 6 weeks to receive my custom order and was excited about my first road trip in my first new car. Against my better judgment, I decided to valet my vehicle the first night of my stay. The next morning as I entered my vehicle, I noticed a large, blue ink stain in the middle of my light colored seat as well as the lumbar section that was obviously made by a careless valet. I stayed somewhat calm initially as EVERYONE that I spoke with promised to “take care of it”. I later found out that my definition of “take care of it” differed from theirs. After returning home, I called to discuss the incident as well as the VALET CHARGE (yes – they actually charged me!). After not returning my phone calls for 4 days, they told me to take it to my dealer (an hour from my home) and send them the bill. I called the dealer and they said all they could do is use hairspray, which I decided to try. Fortunately, I was able to remove the ink stain, but the hairspray discolored the seat and left what appeared to be a permanent wet spot on the seat as well as deteriorated the leather. I called back and informed them that I would like to have the seat recovered. After another 4 days of waiting on a returned phone call, they denied my claim and offered to have my car cleaned. Wow….how generous of them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business