JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,162 results
All reviewslenox square mallthe concierge loungemarta stationcorner roomcar servicemile radiusdirectly across the streetself parkinglobby barvery nice hotelbusiness hotelwater pressurehigh floorluxury hotelfitness centerthe room was nicethe ritz
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great location. Very clean. Great ambience. Only complaint is the water pressure in the rooms. The water in the shower and the hand sink would repeatedly slow down to a trickle for about 45 seconds and then just squirt out with extreme force. This happened in several rooms on the floor. I would suggest that this issue needs to receive attention as soon as possible.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CEOLARRYWILLIAMS
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconsistent water pressure you experienced during your recent stay. Our Engineering team has identified the problem and I am happy to report that it has been repaired. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is not my normal review. Fellow business travelers and myself arrived at the JW Marriott in Buckhead late in the evening after a busy of day of traveling to discover the hotel did not have any available rooms, even though we had guaranteed reservations.

What could have been a disaster and a very disappointing customer experience was turned into such a positive experience that I had to write this review. Upon arriving at the front desk at the JWM we were given a personal letter from the manager explaining the situation and told we would be accommodated at the nearby Ritz Carlton at no charge. In addition, the hotel provided us free transportation to the Ritz and asked us to have a complimentary cocktail in their bar while we waited. Afterwards I was contacted by the hotel to see if everything was ok and to my satisfaction.

I could not have asked for anything more. I've stayed at the JW Marriott in Buckhead before and it is a beautiful hotel. This experience only reinforces my opinion of the hotel and assures my next stay will definitely be at the JW Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Please allow me to personally apologize to you and your fellow travelers for not being able to honor your reservations during your recent visit to our hotel. We go to great length each day to manage our room inventory in a manner that insures that each guaranteed reservation is honored. I truly regret that circumstances prevented this from happening and insure you that we have reviewed the situation with key members of our staff to guard against this in the future. I am delighted to hear that the staff was able to orchestrate a solution that met your expectations and also demonstrated how much we value your business. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I see my fair share of hotels, and when you've seen one... well you haven't seen the JW Marriott in Atlanta!! Truly exceptional service sets it apart in everything from room service (can you whip up x that wasn't on the menu) to an amazing chef (seriously, the BEST room service I've ever tasted and others in my group said the same) to absolutely stunning decor, to a "business center" that feels elegant, to the single most comfortable hotel bed on which I've ever slept. I loved my stay here and will definitely look to JW for my next trip to Atlanta!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Admittedly, I stay @ the JW Marriott Buckhead a lot (75 nights annually @ this property) so the service is great. Everyone on the staff goes out of their way to know your name and greet you by your name. The rooms are for the most part large, and there is a good hotel gym on the property. The lobby bar is lively and the staff very friendly. Nice being attached to Lenox Mall if you want / need something during your trip. Can't say enough good things about the hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how we are doing in providing great service to our guests. Most importantly, Thank You for the 75 nights you spend with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a very fine facility, but MINOR factors have affected every stay I've had here. Fine-tuning needs to be done to create a 'mindset' to assure every staff member is in alignment with providing full excellent customer service and quality. The majority of the troops are on board and the few stragglers need to get in step! This hotel is WORLD CLASS in every sense! Why short circuit full excellence with failing on minor basic services and amenities? I'm sure Mr. Giamundo's philosophy relects my opinion as well. Firstly, on the bright side... Cassandra at the front desk presented me a highly personalized, excellent arrival experience; the conceierge level staff was superior in every aspect of hospitality; the door greeters, bell staff, and maid staff were fully on their jobs and engaged toward full comfort and accomodation. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. This tastefully decorated hotel is conveniently located to shopping, public transportation, and fine dining in a lovely section of Atlanta. The $22.00/nt. for self parking is a little exorbitent, but few other alternatives exist in the area. I've stayed at this facility with other business colleagues on multiple visits, with each subsequent stay excelling the previous one. This last stay at the J. W. Marriott assailed all previous stays overall, but unfortunately fell slightly short once again of full excellence because of a MAJOR SNAFU with internal package handling for important materials I was anticipating arrival of, for my use at a conference I was attending downtown. After checking several times for the arrival of my package, the front desk mentioned having not received it. Upon my arrival downtown at the conference I checked one last time (as my presentation was lacking its visuals); only to find out that my package had been there ALL ALONG, but had not been properly "logged" for my notification. In a maddening dash I had to leave downtown Atlanta (with only one hour to spare), to retrieve the package and then get back downtown. Thank God for the proximity of MARTA to the hotel! The lack of apology and divorcement from full responsibility by the desk staff was incomprehensible and unexcusable!

Room Tip: Choose a room at level 12 or above with a downtown Atlanta view. Corner rooms are 'the bomb'. Absolutely lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I certainly agree with you that we strive to deliver excellent service to each guest that stays with us. I appreciate you recognizing Cassandra and other associates that met your expectations and it is just as important that you share your comments on opportunities that we can improve upon. I will personally follow up with our shipping and receiving team to determine what we can do to insure that guests are notified of their packages more timely moving forward.
We look forward to insuring your next visit goes flawlessly.