“Rooms spacious and staff gracious!” 5 of 5 stars

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #32 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lutz, Florida, United States
“Rooms spacious and staff gracious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My company stayed here for 4 days and the hotel was accommodating. Check in was speedy and our rooms were ready. They do offer a feather free option for those that have allergies. The location is amazing, literally across the street from MARTA which can take you to the airport for $3.50. It's safe public transportation and it probably takes 40 minutes to get the airport on the train and no gridlock. The hotel is also attached to the Lenox mall and the other mall and tons of restaurants are walking distance. We had breakfast, lunch and some dinners here and the food was pretty good. They accommodate vegetarian/vegan/gluten free effortlessly. The gym is a nice size and has lots of weight machines, 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticalls, 3 bikes, free weights, mats and free weights. It's clean and has a water machine, towels, etc in there as well. Overall if I were stay back in Atlanta I would probably return since the location is excellent and the things to do nearby are pretty nice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the mall and several of the hotel's amenities during your meeting at the hotel. The new equipment in the health club has been getting a lot of use since it was recently installed and your comment about taking MARTA is spot on. It's fast and easy to get to the hotel from the airport.
Thank you for staying with is and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hubby and I went for one night for a quick getaway using out Marriott Reward points. Hotel was very upscale. Modern and elegant in a business hotel kind of way. Room was very comfortable. Slept like a baby. Had a great view of downtown Atlanta in the horizon. Didn't really use any of the facilities but took a peek at the gym which was very impressive. Plenty of nice, new treadmills, elipticals, etc and the pool looked very inviting. Sorry I didn't bring my swimsuit. Parking deck was right in the hotel for $22.00 so not too bad. Mall was connected to hotel so very convenient. Staff very friendly and helpful. Actually escorted us to the elevator. Shuttle took us to Cheesecake Factory restaurant and picked us up for free. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Good morning and thank you for your comments regarding your recent getaway. Sounds like you and your hubby were able to relax and unwind and take advantage of our connection to the mall and oneof themany restaurants near by. I hope next time you do bring your bathing suit so you can take advantage of the pool.
Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next getaway.
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta. Great location especially with the connection to Lenox Mall. Good eating places in walking distance. Hotel Staff gracious and personable. Room was nice, view was of side street though I didn't mind as I was there for meetings. Love the bar in the Lobby, female bartender was hilarious and fun to chat with. Nice to have Starbucks on the property though wished they offered cold, mixed drink (Frappacino).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for returning to our hotel. I appreciate you sharing your experiance with me and will make sure to let our bartender know that you enjoyed your "chat" as well as share your comments with the rest of the staff . I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a sales meeting on site and I was impressed with the facility. The rooms are easy to access from the conference or lobby portions of the hotel - always nice for meetings. The treadmills are top-notch and brand new, which I loved. All linens, toiletries and amenities are what you would expect from a JW.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Good morning and thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our health club and the new equipment that was recently installed. I hope you had a good workout? Thank you for staying with us.
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

In a good location. Easy access. Clean. Easy to park. Floorplan of lobby is awkward and breakfast buffet on site is above average.. other on site restaurants are ok but not exceptional
Very well run and efficient but nothing "special" in any way
Room was nice and clean.. not new, but not old enough to say that it needs a refreshing. Again, good, but not great

Room Tip: Upper floor esp on South side allows you a view of downtown Atlanta
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Lovely hotel in a great location, next to Lenox Square Mall. Lenox Square Mall is always interesting to walk around, with a mix of people from Atlanta's super wealthy using the valet parking, to young people showing off the latest fashions to foreign tourists.
Very helpful staff and a nice room. Ours had a glass shower and separate bath tub. I could take a bath while my husband showered. The only thing that prevents me from giving the hotel 5 stars is that the room had a musty odor all the time, especially noticeable when first entering.
We enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet with custom made omlettes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Good morning and thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the mall during your visit and found our staff helpful. We have a great team of associates who enjoy providing outstanding service. I apologize for the room having a musty odor but appreciate you letting us know us know about it so that we can investigate and determine what is causing it. We want your to stay to be perfect the next time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
South River, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here three nights this week. Very clean and comfortable, but the carpets in the hallways and common areas need to be replaced. Didn't get the king bed that was guaranteed or the promised refigerator. Room service delivered a meal at 11:45pm. Unfortuantely, I did not order it and it woke me up. Once of th best hotel gyms I have been to. Great size, plenty of equipment and everything worked.

Staff is forever friendly and helpful. Given the location and the rate I can get, I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business