“Wonderful Hotel!”

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #31 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 20, 2008

We stayed at this wonderful Hotel by chance. We first stayed at another Marriott Hotel located in Buckhead that was terrible and decided to get another hotel and almost didn't stay here because of that one, but we were glad we did when we entered the Hotel.
The decor was beautifully done and you felt welcomed as you walked in.
They greeted us first thing and were very helpful from the start of reservations to check out and in between. The weather turned bad while we were there and we needed to rebook a flight and reserve a room again and they even helped us get into another room quickly and with no difficulties. Which eased the stressful situation we found ourselves in as our flight was cancelled. Thank you very much for looking after our needs to Carolyn Fahey at the front desk and your team we appreciate your efforts very much, you were fantastic! Everyone one we spoke with was friendly and professional. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfy. Linens were beautiful and clean. Plenty of room to move around and the bathroom was roomy as well. The extras made you feel pampered. The decor was lovely. Whenever we come again to Atlanta Buckhead we will most definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank designs
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead

Reviewed January 8, 2008

We stayed at the Mariott Buckhead-Atlanta this summer for a couple of days while my son was attending camp. Let me first say that all aspects of this hotel was wonderful. During that week it was also my son's birthday. Let me first say that our room was very nice, even though it was the standard room. We had beautiful, very fluffy down comforters and nice pillows on the bed. My two boys were very impressed with the room and the robes, and the toiletries were very nice. The staff was the nicest I have ever experienced. The staff went to the trouble of having a birthday cake baked for my son, decorated it beautifully, brought us bottled water, plates, forks, etc. My son was thrilled. We also enjoyed the spa and the indoor pool. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. What a great staff and wonderful hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to downtown Atlanta!

2  Thank lafevebl
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for work the week of December 17th. The location is attached to Lennox Square mall so it was very convenient to get some last minute Christmas shopping in without having the hassle of driving to/from malls.

The hotel is located across the street from Lennox MARTA station and couldn't be easier to get to from the Airport, however it's pretty much a car-kinda-town so unless you plan to be in one location . .I'd drive.

The hotel itself was nice with good public rooms and the rooms themself were standard Marriott / Renaissance style.

The bedding and bathrooms were good also -- always nice to have a freestanding shower in the bathroom.

The only peeve I have really is to be charged for internet connection. In this day -- especially with lower category Marriott brands like Courtyard / Fairfield Inn / Residence Inn not only charging lower but offering free internet -- it's bothersome.

Nearby and walkable are plenty of restaurants both inside the mall and along the perimeter so there's no want for eating.

I didn't try the hotel restaurants as I'm Platinum and usually have breakfast in the lounge.

The lounge itself was fine and served a variety of breakfast foods. The nighttime snacks were a bit scant -- but hey, it's free so can't complain on that!

Lastly -- there is a Westin directly across the wide parking lot so if you need to stay in Buckhead and want to be walkable to the mall both will do just fine. JW Marriott though is the only of the two actually connected to the mall whereas the Westin is in the outside of the parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank schrap2755
Reviewed January 1, 2008

My husband took me here as a suprise for my birthday. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! The service was great. The pool was the best that I have every seen very secluded and romantic. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton before and this was on the same level as that, but a little less expensive. The parking was a little expensive. Overall, WONDERFUL PROPERTY. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2007

Had a quick stay here last week. Very nice overall.

Check in was quick and easy. Was in my room within 10 minutes of walking into the hotel. Very nice room upgrade given. Concierge level room with great views of Midtown/Downtown as well as part of the Buckhead skyline. Room was large with a separate sitting area with couch, chair, and coffee table. Work desk was large and bed was comfortable and provided a great rest. The bathroom was spacious also. Had a separate tub and shower, with marble floors/sink.

As I was only here for a brief time, I did not get a chance to check out the fitness or pool areas. Also did not have any experience with room service or hotel restaurant dining. I did have a couple of drinks in the hotel bar, and the service was friendly and efficient. For being surrounded by a huge mall with a lot of parking, I was a little disappointed that this hotel charged $17/day for parking.

I live in Atlanta so I don't often stay in hotels in the area. If and when I need a Buckhead hotel again, this will be my choice. Prices generally seem more reasonable than some other hotels in the area with similar levels of quality & service.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2007

Stayed at the JW Marriott Buckhead for two nights while attending a convention in Atlanta. Buckhead really isn't that convenient for downtown Atlanta, although the area is safer and prettier. This hotel is convenient for shopping malls and the MARTA train, but that's about all. The hotel is well maintained and the staff are polite. The rooms are quiet and have pleasant views on higher floors. However, next time I will stay closer to Atlanta itself.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2007

This hotel is truly top of the line! We had a problem at check-in (i STILL haven't figured out why the guy couldn't get an authorization on my credit card-which worked fine throughout the rest of my trip). Spent 3 nights there. Loved the easy access to the mall. They even drove us to the nearby Ross in a luxury vehicle. Everytime you entered the lobby there was somebody, somewhere wanting to know if they could assist with anything. Overall my stay was very good. the rooms were nice and clean. tried room service one night...talk about dining in style!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family