“Upscale Industrial”
Review of 4th & Swift Restaurant - CLOSED

4th & Swift Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Fourth Ward
Cross street: Glen Iris
Description: Adjacent to the Historic Fourth Ward Park and Ponce City Market, 4th & Swift is re-defining the restaurant experience with their take on Modern American Cuisine and Southern charm.With a focus on regional and seasonal sourcing, 4th & Swift offers both a daily changing Market Menu and a Seasonal Menu, complemented by award-winning Wine, Beer and Cocktail Menus.
Atlanta
“Upscale Industrial”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a surprisingly good dinner for 6 in a former warehouse / office location on North Avenue overlooking the old Sears / City Hall East site.

Service was impeccable with wonderful starters and small and big plates. We had flank steak, Trout a la Plancha, accompanied by root vegies perfectly prepared.

Great wine list served by the friendly staff!

Loved the ambiance.

1 Thank racinglasers

Roswell, Georgia
“Impeccible Service”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a very large table of 14 and the service couldn't have been more attentive. The food is delicious and innovative. Our table got the duck, venison and pheasant and all were outstanding. Only the tilefish was a little boring.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Consistently creative”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After multiple stays, food very creative and flavorful! Last had the lasagna which was light and savory. Staff very professional and knowledgable. Drinks are unusual and very tasty.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Flavored to Delight”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Three Little Piggies was outstanding! The beef was so flavorful. I loved the Brussel Sprout and Apple Salad. The vibe in the place was also good. Decor was open, yet cozy! We will return!

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been trying a few of the Atlanta restaurants on various visits and thought to give this place a go.

Initially I, struggled to find the place as a multitude of people and cars were heading to a near by concert venue. Going into the restaurants property I was nearly turned away as many people were trying to use it to park for the concert.

I say up at the bar, and after around 20 minutes someone got round to asking me if I wanted a menu. I did not see them again.

I ordered a drink and some 30 minutes later that materialised, though really was not worth the wait, I think a small measure of petrol with a squeeze of lemon might have been better.

My starter arrived very quickly, which I supposed makes up for the 40 minute wait to be able to order, the assumed I dod not want any bread whilst waiting. It was nothing special, effectively something battered and fried so difficult to get wrong.

I tried to find a wine which was not too sweet, the barman made a suggestion that he felt was not sweet to me it was very.

Then came my main course of fish which I have to say was just plain awful, it was so over-seasoned with salt it was had to eat. The fish had been heavily seasoned and then the glaze used was also heavily salted. I scraped most of the glaze off and struggled though the food.

Happily I go to the end of the dining, this seasoning etc., may be more for an American palate rather than the English. If you need a great deal of salt or sugar for seasoning then that may be more to your taste it certainly wasn't to mine.

If you're a regular at McDonalds, Taco Bell or other type of outlets the food here may be fine, for those of us from across the pond its a little difficult to eat.

• Visited October 2012