“Shopping Weekend”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #117 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was visiting my niece Carmen in ATL who is expecting her first child and it's a boy. I arrived at the hotel and the first thing that impressed me was the valet service men who greeted me with a smile and save me the hassle of parking my car. I enjoyed the smooth check in and receiving those warm cookies at the front desk made it even sweeter. The staff was very helpful with my bags taking them to me room. I enjoyed the level of service I received. The weather was absolutely beautiful and made for a perfect weekend for shopping in ATL!!! If, first impression is the best impression, I will be returning to the DoubleTree Hotel Atlanta/Downtown location again very soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. I was very pleased to ready that you enjoy our location, room quality and the service you received from our wonderful guest orientated team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as a tourist although I live in the Atlanta area. I didn't want to drive downtown everyday. The hotel was convenient to the expo so I could walk to the events I wanted to attend every day. There was construction going on around the hotel so it was a little noisy some mornings. As far as the hotel itself, the toilet flushing was a problem since you had to flush it at least twice for toilet paper (and anything else) to clear. There was mold on the shower curtain liner and the shower curtain which I didn't notice until the night before I was checking out. I wasn't looking for it, but my roommate noticed it and showed it to me. Housekeeping apparently doesn'tl look for mold. The desk clerk, a young man, was very nonchalant about the whole thing when I reported it to him at check out. I also had a filthy remote control and when I asked that it be replaced, the young man from engineering brought me 2 more remotes just as nasty as the one I had to choose from as a replacement. I asked if they had some antibacterial wipes that the remote could be cleaned with and he told me the remotes couldn't be cleaned because they were too sensitive to put water on. To his credit, the young man called housekeeping and asked if they had any wipes and he took the remote to housekeeping. He returned with a young lady from housekeeping who had cleaned the remote excellently and she handed it to me. I thanked her for her diligence. Who knows what's on those remotes. The maid never once emptied the water out of the ice bucket I had filled up when I first arrived at the hotel. Also, she never replaced the one cup that we used in the room. These little details are what make or break a hotel stay. After all, your not staying for free. Overall, the hotel was in a good location and the nightly rate was an excellent value for the AARP event.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thanks for the detailed review. I appreciate that we were in the ideal location for the AARP event, and that our rate was attractive, and you found good value in the rate you received. Please accept my apologies that your stay was not perfect in all respects and you have my assurance that I will be personally following up with each of the departments involved on the concerns you raised.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

the hotel was nice; workers very helpful; but the hotel could have been more compassionate about my luggage pick up at the airport, such as extending a courtesy for someone to pick it up at the airport whether it was my fault or not.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay; it appears that your overall experience was positive. I appreciate the kind words regarding our great employees. I apologize that we were not able to assist you in going to the airport to retrieve your luggage, however the hotel does not have a shuttle, and for liability reasons we do not instruct our employees to go on hotel business in their personal vehicles of property. Normally lost luggage is delivered by the airline in question.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is very clean. The rooms are very well decorated and comfortable. If you get Sammy as your valet he is outstanding. He is hardworking and quick to respond. Sammy will take very good care of you. My only con was the noise level on my floor because of another conference that was going on. It would be great if someone was spot checking the halls late at night.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. We frequently receive positive feedback regarding our wonderful employees and the service they offer. Sammy is a fantastic example of this, and I am glad you agree. I will ensure I share your comments with him. I do apologize for the noise you encountered on your floor. We have 24 security in the building, that does walk the property during their shift, and when notified or they come across guest disturbances are quick to respond and fix the issue. I will follow up on their shift orders and increase the patrols accordingly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room was immaculate, though the check-in process was lacking as was the assistance at the front desk. Not bad...just blah, especially since they weren't able to check in ANY of us who were part of a conference in their hotel that they knew was starting at noon, so we had to take unexpected breaks so people could finally check in to rooms. The bell staff was great, as were all other staff members seen walking around. You couldn't pass someone without hearing, "I hope you're enjoying your stay!"

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. I appreciate the 5-star rating on location, rooms and cleanliness, and the kind words regarding our wonderful employees.

We hope to be your first choice when your plans bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Location was perfect for the conference I attended, also the room rate was good. Room was nice and comfortable. Hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again, and plan to do so in the very near future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the positive comments regarding our, clean rooms and great beds and wonderful staff. From this review I see we will have the pleasure of your company on a future visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel was absolutely perfect! They were very attentive and spoke every time I saw them in the lobby. Sammie - the bellman went above and beyond the call! He is a great employee. The rooms were spacious. The pillows in my room were great! I will definitely be back at the Doubletree on my next trip to Atlanta.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel. We are very proud of the wonderful service our employees provide our guests, thanks for recognizing them. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room, and the Doubletree Sweet Dreams Bedding package.

We look forwards to welcoming you back.