“Good Location”

Ranked #130 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great downtown location. If your attending an event at GWCC or Phillips Arena this hotel is within walking distance. Walking distance to Hard Rock Cafe, and multiple restaurants, shops, etc. At the time of my stay (this was Atlanta Marriott Downtown). This was an older Marriott property, room were a little dated. Front desk staff was very helpful and polite. Valet staff was wonderful. I did have breakfast in the onsite restaurant. Service was ok, Restaurant staff seemed very chaotic. Wasn't too pleased with having to wait 35 minutes to take care of my bill. The front desk staff was more than happy to accommodate. I look forward to Double-tree by Hilton being at this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Since you have visited our property, much has change with renovations still on the horizon. We are very excited about the changes here at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown and hope you book your next trip with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review highlighting our great location and enthusiastic staff members.

Mark Gallagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good but could have simple improvements with a bit of training. Making sure staff is also dressed appropriately. I saw a few gentlemen setting up our lunch and pants were sagging and they almost did not even look like staff from the hotel. When we ate lunch one lady stood over us like a hawk and when we put our fork down she took plates even if we were not finished with our lunch. I like to enjoy my food. Some rooms were extremely hot and others like my room was freezing. Small tweeks, but overall a good business place to come to. I would not come on vacation here. Especially when you give a cookie away at check in but do not even offer free coffee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2015
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We take pride in hospitality, so I will follow-up with management regarding staff service and appearance. Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to see your experience was not a positive one. If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay please feel free to contact me.

Thanks Again,

April Mosley
Operations Manager
Palm Coast, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

WHile it is trying to become a good hotel, there were a number of maintenance challenges. The "hot line" to someone to report problems with went unanswered. I stood at the desk for 20 minutes while people walked by with no one answering my questions. It needs help...

Thanks Again,

April Mosley
Operations Manager
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel as I was attending an exhibition in GWCC. The location of this hotel is excellent, as it is close to everything downtown. I really enjoyed the warm cookie they give you when you check in. There was a lot of space in the room and the balcony gave me a nice view of downtown Atlanta at night. The air conditionning was working well, which was pretty much appreciated since it was really hot outside. There was no refrigerator in the room, but as it was a business trip and I didn't get to spend a lot of time in the hotel, it didn't really matter. The price of the Internet access was quite prohibitive though: I pay 16.95$ per month at home, and there it was 12.95$ for 24 hours, which is ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
The time spent writing a review is very much appreciated. With our hotel being located in the heart of downtown, we are a great place to stay to see all the local attractions or to attend a conference. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, next time if you would like a refrigerator you can request one to be placed in your room. Hopefully when returning to Atlanta the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown will be your hotel of choice.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was thankful that this hotel had accommodations transferred over from being a Marriott Atlanta Downtown and I didn't have any problems with the change over. The staff was very friendly and promptly available to the needs of my Aunt and I. Thank you for making it a pleasant stay in Atlanta

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are glad to hear you were pleased with the conversion, and the way our staff handle it. Truly, our hotel has a great staffing team who are very proactive to our guest needs. Your comments are appreciated, and we hope you choose to return soon.

Mark Gallagher
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel.
Everything is worn down - looks like they have given up on this hotel and are now just milking what's left.
There are half empty pizza trays in the hall.
The aircon smells highly odd and is at the same time extremely noisy.
The rooms are dark and smelly. No fridge.
I paid the same price at the very very nice Mariott Marquis 2 blocks away. Go there - or anywhere - but never at this Hilton Hotel at any price. I was supposed to stay for 5 nights - but they had made a mistake and put me in a shared room with a complete stranger. I left the hotel and switched to Marquis as soon as I could after 1 night (great service - I got my 4 nights refunded).

Room Tip: Best room is a different hotel!
1 Thank JeJeWe
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, and I do apologize for the experience at our hotel. This isn’t the typical stay though I’m glad we compensated you for the duration of your time with us. Our property will be getting an upgrade this year, and we hope you choose to return to see the improvements. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact the hotel.

Best Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Double Tree was very helpful and great. They offered to move my room so that I could be close to my friends without any issues. My only qualm was that there was no shuttle (though we were downtown, so I couldn't really expect that), and maybe if it were closer to midtown. I think it's a great place for anyone to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We have received many reviews on the level of our staffing team and we are happy to hear your experience was no different. Our location brings many people to our hotel, since we are conveniently located in the heart of downtown, reason we do not offer shuttles services; though during large conventions the city does offer shuttles for in the downtown hotels. Our staff hope to welcome you back to Atlanta, and if you may need anything please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,