The Georgian Terrace Hotel
$460
$417
Cancelon
1,935 results
All reviewsfox theaterrooftop poolfull kitchenlivingston restaurantwasher and dryerthe penthousebedroom suitedirectly across the streetroom servicepeachtree streetsouthern hospitalitygeorgia techvalet parkingself parkmarta stationweddingmidtown
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We stayed at the Georgian Terrace for two nights in the middle of april. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised at the grandeur of the lobby and then the size of our room although the decor could have
been more up to date. The door staff couldn't have been more pleasant
and helpful. Unfortunately the toilet in our room was blocked, we called reception and were assured someone would be right up and no-one ever came. My family had to resort to using the bathrooms in the gym or lobby as after repeated calls, visits to the front desk and talks with the manager nothing was ever done. 1hour before we checked
out a maintainance guy came up and removed the toothbrush that someone else had got lodged down the pipes. All I can say is it's a shame that the administration staff are so utterly inneffectual as otherwise this would be a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank sunprism
Reviewed April 16, 2007

Had an AWFUL stay at the Georgian Terrace.

-The reception staff was rude and totally unwilling to help. I stood at the front desk for a good 5 minutes before the woman (who was not helping another guest) finally accknowledged my presence
-Room was very shabby with peeling wallpaper and stains on the comforters.
-The air condidtioning was not working and the bathroom was in terrible shape.
-Had to ask numerous times for things like towels and pillows
-Parking was $25/day- astronomical for Atlanta!
-Management was completely unresponsive to complaints

Do yourself a favor and stay at Hotel Indigo right down the street. This place is HIGHLY overrated!!!

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank sdatlanta35
Reviewed April 12, 2007

We planned Easter weekend -- also our daughter's birthday as a family get together -- because our west coast daughter was working for a week in Georgia -- we drove down from Nashville.

We had booked the Indigo but reviews on tripadvisor suggested that it was wonderful but tiny rooms -- we wanted space to hang and talk so we booked Georgian Terrace suites instead. (and then were nervous because of reviews that suggested it was dated or badly kept or noisy)

We had two adjoining suites -- ours was enormous -- living room, office, master bed, nice bathroom and kitchen. Our daughters was smaller but also good.]
We got the B&B option which for an additional 10$ included two enormous breakfast buffets.

The beds were wonderful. The space comfortable. It was the perfect place to hang out, drink champagne and talk. And it was near the two restaurants we had booked -- Pleasant Peasant for Easter brunch and Ecco for birthday dinner.

The rooms we had were in perfect condition -- although not particularly charming or elegant. Good solid furniture, clean carpets, excellent beds etc etc -- but not fancy. We also had no noise problems at all.

The suite we had would have been perfect for a family as kids could be in the 'office' or smaller room leaving both master and living room available to socialize.

We were very pleased with the place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank graceh9
Reviewed April 11, 2007

The staff at this hotel is horrible. Not the front desk staff, not the bellhop staff - ONLY the management and reservation staff.
Do not expect to be taken care of by management. To begin with it took them 1 month to call me back to book my reservation because I needed a special room (suite).
This was not the only issue (I cannot be specific about the issues) - but just know that if there is any sort of problem while you stay there, you will not even get a call back for a resolution.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Murray78
Reviewed April 11, 2007

TERRIBLE experience at this hotel. Six of my girlfriends threw a bridal shower for me at the Georgian Terrace the weekend of March 24th, 2007. We arrived Friday, had the shower on Saturday and all checked out on Sunday morning.

Sunday morning, I packed up all of my shower gifts and put them into a shopping bag. We checked out around 11:00 (I was the very last of our group to leave) and a couple of hours later, I realized that I had left the bag with all of my shower gifts on a table in our hotel suite. I went back and had the manager on duty check the room. The bag was, indeed, found in the room, but half of the items, along with their receipts (including a gift card) had been removed.

The hotel staff, including the general manager has been COMPLETELY unresponsive to my numerous calls and emails. They are refusing to reimburse me for any of the stolen items and have not ONCE appologized for the incident.

In addition, the hotel staff was slow, rude, and in my opinion, completely incompetant. Definitely not what I was expecting from the Georgian Terrace.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!