“Great Location, Great Customer Service, Great Overall!!”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #26 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Location, Great Customer Service, Great Overall!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I went to this hotel after much research and I am so happy with the decision. From the very beginning, the front desk was very helpful and accomodating. We didn't get in till 3am, and they quickly handled the check in process. They even upgraded for free when they saw they committed an error in the reservations. After getting to the room, I called three seperate times for towels, then linen, then a toothbrush, and the service was quick and friendly. The double room was ok, but the ambience and decor of the hotel is wonderful. You feel like you are in luxury. For the price I got by using my timeshare, this was a steal. The comforter was greeeeaaaattt!!!
There is a rooftop pool and great fitness room. We went to Glady's Chicken and Waffles twice, excellent. Valet was good. Hotel hosted a wedding and two proms during my stay. Ballrooms are so elegant. Across from Fox theater, not far from downtown and other attractions. not enough can be said of this hotel. I will definately be back next year.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank kidskill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
atlanta
Reviewed April 20, 2010

As a former Atlanta resident of 28 years, I returned to this great city after a two year absence and chose to stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel due to the addition of the their new F&B Director, Andy Fox. The location is the most convenient of any hotel in the Atlanta area due to its proximity to the Fox Theater, easy access to Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead as well as an easy shot to the Braves, Hawks, Falcons and Thrasher's as well numerous museums and shopping options. Upon arrival I was not only greeted by a spectacular 10 million dollar renovation of the lobby, atrium, Food and Beverage outlets and ballrooms but more importantly by the big smile of Brent Steele. Brent is chief concierge and an extremely well known and respected member of the Atlanta community. Check-in was effortless and was I surprised to see the size of my room. Twice the size of a normal suite, including a washer and dryer and a full kitchen. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had ever had the pleasure of sleeping on, although the room could use some cosmetic updating which I understand is already in the process of happening. To top off the long weekend I choose to eat at Livingston's in the hotel my final night. Chef Gary Mennie not only created some of the best culinary fare I have had in Atlanta but also to my surprise stopped by and joined my guests and I to share his contagious enthusiasm of his newest culinary endeavour. Andy and Gary you have certiantly transformed this hotel to the 5 star status it deserves.I will definitely look forward to my next experience at this fantastic Atlanta gem.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We chose Georgian Terrace as a place to stay because of its location and price. We were very impressed with the staff, size of the room and overall stay. The bed was so comfortable and the room was so spacious-we wish we could have stayed longer. We just wished that we were on a higher floor with a better view of the city. out of 18 floors, we were on the 2nd. This will be our hotel of choice whenever we have to stay in Midtown. Vinson and the older door man with the accent are a wonderful addition to your staff. It was a pleasure to be served by them.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
GeorgianTerraceRep, Director Of Guest Services at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to give us such encouraging feedback. It was a pleasure to serve you and our staff is looking forward to your return. Please contact me on your next visit so that I can ensure that you get a room with a great view on a high floor.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 11, 2010

The Georgian Terrace Hotel made our experience in Atlanta, GA very comfortable. The layout of the suite was very family friendly, especially the kitchen and full-size washer and dryer. I would suggest to travelers to come prepared with a lot of cash on hand due to the cash-only parking garage. Other than that, this hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the accommodations were perfect for us.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SoSoulfull
GeorgianTerraceRep, Director of Guest Services at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to give us some positive feedback. Please be encouraged to know that management is in the process of reviewing our parking rates to ensure they are on a par with other hotels in the area.
North Charleston, SC
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel from April 1st thru the 5th 2010. The parking cost 28 dollars for valet ( in & out privileges) & 21 dollars for self ( no in & out privileges). The desk was a little busy but it was right at check in time. They brought out more front desk staff to accomodate this and the wait to check in was very minimal. The front desk was courteous, the bellman & parking personel was prompt in service and polite. We had a beautiful room with a city view. It was a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen, very comfortable king size bed, nice bathroom, with a dining & living room area. There is even a washer & dryer. The room was very clean and spacious. The kitchen did not have any utensils. I found out that you have to rent the kitchen pack for 25 dollars for the time that you stay if you want it. We didn't need it but I do feel that should be included with your stay. Our pakage included breakfast and I must say that the food was very good. It was a full cook to order hot breakfast The hotel has more pros than cons. The parking and the kitchen without utensils are the only 2 problems I can see with ths hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
GeorgianTerraceRep, Director of Guest Services at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Thank you for the positive feedback. Unfortunately our parking rates are comparable with other hotels in the area. Management is however in the process of reviewing the rates.
Kentucky
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Love the hotel and all of its charm!! Everyone was very nice and friendly - especially Stephanie at the front desk. Love that the hotel is across the street from the Fox Theathe.
Sitting on the terrace and enjoying great food, beverages and entertainment.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank merlotman12
We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from satisfied customers such as yourself.
Gainesville, Ga
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My husband and I had a date night to see a concert at the Fox and decided to stay overnight across the street at the Georgian Terrace. We booked ahead and reserved a room with a king bed. When we checked in they asked if they could upgrade us to a suite as all the kings beds were taken. Of course we said sure we would rought it and take a full suite. The room had a wonderful view of the city with a full kitchen and living room. Everything was clean and comfortable with a flat screen tv in the bedroom and living room. The bathroom was not cramped and had lots of soft towels. The bed was plush and slept like a cloud. It really was like home away from home. We ventured up to the roof to see the exercise room which was very nice with a great view of the city and a large flat scrren tv for folks to look at while they worked out. We went up one more floor to find a pool on top of the hotel and the most beautiful view of the city. We had a wonderful time before and after the concert as we walked up and down the street to have dinner and later coffee. The staff at the hotel was very nice and very helpful and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. From parking the car to checking us in and out ,the Georgia Terrace experience was great. If I were a business traveler, I would stay in a suite and feel safe , comfortable and not at all cramped. As a side note, about 30 years ago I would go to Alex Cooley's Electric Ballroom in the basement of the Georgian Terrace to see bands that had not quite made it to the big time. The hotel was run down and vagrants were everywhere. If anyone had told me then that 30 years later I would be staying in the Georgian Terrace to see a band at the Fox , I would have said no way. This historic grand hotel is the real come back kid with all the class and grace of days ago when Vivian Leigh stayed there for the premier of Gone with the Wind. I really enjoyed my self and wil come back again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
It was exciting to read that you are a special part of our historic hotel. Please contact me the next time you come to stay so that we may have an opportunity to show our appreciation for your loyalty. Thank you.