“what security ?”

Ranked #27 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
darkstar
“what security ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2006

the hotel appears to be an older converted apt. building complex, the rooms are very spacious but the furniture is a bit run down. we had a problem with our first room with the sink not working and the drain not working. also, there was paint all over the wallpaper like Helen Keller painted there or something, they moved us with no problem. the next room was better but still had a real crappy couch, and the tv's are very dated also, but except RCA inputs.
we ordered room service in the morning and it was just ok. we noticed the delivery guy
eyeing up our room which made us a bit nervous. I left that day but my friend stayed 2 more days for buisness and now wished he left the same day. he awoke on his third day to go out for coffee and returned only to relize his lap top and camera were both stolen while he was gone. they were nice enough to take his keys out of the lap top case and leave them on the table, nothing like an honest theif. there are no safe's in the rooms which I will never stay at another place that doesn't have a safe.
on the bright side if your going to the FOX THEATER this is the place to stay, it is right across the street. you could literally have a huge party in the 2 bedroom suites which go for about 200.00 and could hold about 20 people easily. also, they advertise that their rooms are sound proof so bring a HUGE STEREO. you will have no problem with security because there is very little secure about this place.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank justadream

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

I stayed in a suite on the 12th floor. The room is very nice. Be sure to ask for a Round Room- the bedroom is round with lots of windows. No plates or utensils in room, however a call to room service brought them promptly. If you need to work out everyday the gym has almost everything you need to get a decent workout, and a jog over to Piedmont park will help with your cardio. Great Location if you're going to see a play at Fox theater (we were). The subway is a block away. Overall I had a great time. Expect to pay $20 a night in taxes and $25 a night in parking unless you park away from the hotel. my only gripe is that the elevators went down during check out so I had to carry my bags down the stairs from the 12th floor. I would still go back though.

3 Thank DocTpa
Ashland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

I stayed in a suite at the Georgian Terrace with friends and had a great time staying there. The lobby was beautiful. Very open and bright. There was a large classy restaurant with large outdoor terrace. I also heard that there was a rooftop pool but I didn't see it for myself.

The room was a large suite with a full kitchen, separate changing area, and huge bathroom. Everything was clean and comfortable.

Another great thing was that its in walking distance from the marta.

The only downside of this hotel was that the staff at the bar wasn't attentive. I had dinner and drinks at the hotel bar on Saturday around 9 PM. Most of the time I was at the bar, there was no bartender behind the bar so it was difficult to get a drink. When I put in my food order, the bartender forgot to give it to the kitchen so it took over an hour to get a bowl of pasta.

Besides that though, everything was perfect. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

1 Thank northendmoon
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2006

I live in the Metro Atlanta area and I decided to spend the weekend at the Georgian Terrace just to get away and relax.

The hotel is just lovely. I stayed in one of the suites - and I cannot begin to say enough good things about the room, the staff and room service. The room was a little dated but not in a skanky way - the hotel is old not run down in any way. The staff was helpful, friendly, we called down for room service expecting some fairly plain fare and were pleasantly surprised by how yummy everything was. (The Tomato Avocado soup was amazing).

My only complaint was the Housekeeping staff - who in a bid to be diligent seem to forget simple things like privacy. I was horrified to have the door to the bedroom opened by a housekeeper who didn't bother to alert me to her presence until she was standing in the room. I got a phone call later in the day from a very terse man asking if I was planning to have the room cleaned. And this morning (June 11th) I was awakened to pounding on the door at 10 am again by housekeeping for reasons that I cannot fathom. Checkout is at noon by the way.

Latch the door, put out the do not disturb sign and you should have a wonderful time staying at this treasure!!!

1 Thank Sumimara
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2006

My husband and I just returned from the Georgian Terrace. We stayed five nights with our toddler. We were pleased with our stay. We were welcome by a very friendly staff, and were attributed a room that fit our dreams. We were on the 18th floor (on 19), in a double luxury suite, with full kitchen. We booked through Expedia and got a fairly good price of 140$ per night.

The room was very comfortable and well insonorized. It was large too. My son could run in the room. The pool on the roof is a plus. Near the hotel, we had a few restaurants and Piedmont park not too far. The MARTA is located 1 block from the hotel. The loébby is extraordinary and the staff is wonderful, particularly Ali and Monica B.

If I had! to go back, there is no other place I would stay!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2006

We stayed here for one night after flying into Atlanta before travelling on elsewhere. As such we were pretty tired when we got there and only needed somewhere to sleep. This hotel was absolutely fine for what we needed. The concierge was very helpful and booked us a table at a restaurant (try Bones - quite expensive but the best steak that we've had).

The decor of the reception area is lovely and the rooms are fine although not as pretty. Everything that we needed in the room was there and someone came up very quickly to show me how to work the shower when I rang down. We had a spacious room with a separate sitting area and the price was reasonable for the time of year. There is also valet parking which was very useful.

The only thing that I would be aware of is that if you have booked a certain room through a travel website (Expedia etc) make sure that the hotel is aware of what room you booked when you check in. Unfortunately we were so tired from the flight we didn't do this and so ended up staying in a standard room when we had booked a king suite.

• Stayed May 2006
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel in Atlanta for a wedding. The outside is beautiful and the lobby nice, but the rooms are worn. Stained carpet, chipped paint, even stained sheets. For less than $100 a night it was fine. Good location and nice pool. But, I wouldn't spend much more.

• Stayed May 2006