“Good Choice for Stay in Atlanta”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Georgian Terrace is a nice hotel in the best location in Atlanta. Located in Midtown you are close to downtown, in all the action of Midtown-exciting restaurants, clubs and bars and close to the upscale shops and mansions of Buckhead.

The Georgian Terrace is a great historic building with a newer addition. The rooms are a bit rough around the edges (missing furniture hardware, wallpaper peeling at the corners ect...) The new carpet in the halls and elevator is hip and trendy, but after a while looks like someone spilled all over the floor. The hotel prides itself on being historic but then furnishes the lobby and bar/restaurant with hipster doofus modern furniture and decorations. They need to stick with the historic, since the building is such a treasure. Some rooms have dated kitchens and washer/dryers-they are not bad, just dated and cheap. The building was going to be apartments but was changed to a hotel, so they kept the appliances. The rooms are very big with a living room, kitchen, bath and bedroom. Kind of like a mini apartment.

The business center was nice, it was unstaffed and did not have paper or pens, and there was trash around that needed to be picked up.

The desk staff was a bit unprofessional, but most other employees were nice and efficient in their duties.

I like this hotel, and want to see it succeed, but they need some help. I would stay again and would recommend it, but with a touch of caution.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed September 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I were on our first trip together alon for the weekend to go to the aquarium and to see a show at the Fox theatre. It was right across from the hotel which is one of the main reasons we chose to stay here. The room was not cheap but looked nice on line. When we arrived the lobby and outdoor area was nice. We couldn't wait to get to our room and see the view and how the room would look. When we opened the door we laughed and could not believe how small it was. There was just enough room for the bed and a small chair. It was an okay room but tiny!!!! Not what we expected for the price we payed. On top of that there was no ice machines or vending machines on the property. You have to go to a gas station to get any of the basics for your room. If we would have known that the rooms were going to be so small and that we had to walk so far to get drinks, snacks, and ice we probably would not have stayed here expecially for the price.

Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I booked a 3 bedroom suite in the Georgian Terrace. When arriving the suite was disgusting; the furniture was ratty, old and dirty; lamps were broken; all the art had been stripped off the walls; there was a terrible smell coming from kitchen; and the bathroom walls were covered in filth. It was horrific. When inspecting the smell in the kitchen there was rotting meat clogging up the sink, I called for someone to come take care of this situation and it took forever. I finally gave up and asked to be switched to a different room, they complied, but gave us no discount or apology. Do yourself a favor and do not stay at this hotel. It was repulsive.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank brithuck
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed one night. Our "mini-suite" room with a king bed was spacious and appeared clean but outdated; the towels were coming apart, the wallpaper peeling, the carpet was fraying on the edges. There is a kitchen in the room but for what purpose?? There was not a single dish, fork or pan with which to utizilize the sink, dishwasher, stove, oven, etc. For that, a mini-fridge and microwave would have served any needs. The cabinetry in the kitchen looked like low to mid-grade 1970s cabinetry. very strange. The phone by the bed was broken and did not work. The windows did not have curtains to pull over them - just shutters to close (and a terrible view of a rooftop). The king bed did have a down comforter and pillows, which was nice. The rates were decent but don't expect a glamorous room. It was a fine place to stay if you don't want to spend a fortune, want to be in midtown, close driving distance to downtown, and not planning to spend much time in your room. I would recommend driving to the aquarium, cnn, etc. We did order room service for breakfast. I had no complaints about the food. It arrived quickly, was mostly hot, and priced about what I expected ($9 for two eggs, toast, bacon or sausage, and potatoes). We had no problems with the billing for our stay. Again, not a luxurious stay but once I got over the disappointment, it served the purpose.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldbhm
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I booked 2 rooms on priceline and received this hotel. At check in they tried to say a 2 bedroom suite fulfilled our request. Once we showed that we paid priceline for 2 seperate rooms they said they couldn't be on the same floor. We thought the worst of it was over until check out when they said we owed over $1,000 for the 2 rooms for the 2 nights. They said they had no record it was booked on priceline and actually tried to say we booked it on their hotel website. Terrible, incompetent, and very rude front desk.

The hotel itself was very nice, the room suites were great with a kitchen and seperate sitting area. The hotel was very clean and easy to access the MARTA. Too bad the front desk staff had to ruin it for us. I wont be going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SCUBA_in_Caribbean
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I'm wrapping up a 3 night stay in Atlanta at the Georgian Terrace. I've been coming to Atlanta for about 10 years and have always ended up downtown near the Atlanta Mart. I was never impressed with area, but stayed there for the ease of walking to the Mart. Now I have a much better place. First the hotel-The G.T. is a great value. I got a petite suite for $115 with tax. The bed is comfortable as are the furnishings. I will say that some of the furnishings are beginning to show some wear, but I can accept that. There's a great big flat screen TV and my room had lots of windows and a sliding door that actually OPENED! The bathroom was updated and functioned well. Place was very clean and the staff all around were a happy, hip and helpful bunch. I was here on a warm Saturday night and the place was full of life with a number of weddings and bridal showers. Neighborhood is decent and offers a number of eating and shopping establishments nearby. Just a few blocks away is a great and amazingly quiet neighborhood of tree lined streets and private homes great for your morning or evening walk. Catch a movie or show at the Fox Theater just across the street. The cost of admission is worth it just to see the inside.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Orbitz didn't send this hotel our information! But the hotel wound up upgrading us to a huge suite because of it!! The room was huge and spacious and clean. They have a pool on the roof and a fitness center just below. I would recommend visiting both. The view is incredible. It's within walking distance of a few good restaurants and shops but i'd recommend driving to things like the aquarium, CNN, coca-cola, etc. Valet parking is $25 per night but the valets are friendly and speedy. I wish we had more than 4 nights there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple