“Huge disappointment!”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 15, 2008

We live in Atlanta but often book a hotel room intown for a weekend getaway. This was the first time that I used priceline.com and it will be the last. The hotel was such a disappointment! It is so beautiful on the outside and the lobby was decorated for the holidays beautifully. BUT the room was tiny and when I called downstairs to explain that I had book a room for 4 people, the front desk clerk was rude, unaccommodating and insisted that I would have to pay $50 for an upgraded room. So we did and they didn’t even offer to bring us new keys to another room. We had to take ourselves and all of our stuff back downstairs to get a new key. The rooms are by no means deluxe. The 13” TV resembles the one that I had in my bedroom in the 80’s! There is no mini-bar, no robes, and a call to room service for 2 beers took forever. The only ATM in the building was out of order (a necessity if you need tip money or cab fare). The location is convenient if you are going to the Fox and the cab fare to Atlantic Station was only $12 but overall, I would not recommend or return to the Georgian Terrace.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Georgian Terrace Hotel

Reviewed December 1, 2008

We booked this hotel at the last minute on CheapTickets. I wasnt expecting the grand hotel that was purchased. I felt underdressed because it was an upscale type hotel. We commented many times to have our cell phones when we leaves our rooms because the hotel was so big a person could get lost. The pictures on the internet didnt do this hotel any justice. The room had two queen beds, large bathroom, full kitchen, 2 large wall in closets, dressing room, and washer/dryer. If you would like to cook in the kitchen I would suggest you bring your own pots and pans because you will have to pay for kitchen items from the hotel. Down by the conference rooms is a little area where you can get on the computers for free. I have to admit the elevators were a bit hard to find at first. The only two things I would complain about is the small television and the parking was very overpriced(25.00). The hotel is located directly across from the Fox Theatre and walking distance from 3 nightclubs and a gladyis knight chicken and waffles. I also enjoyed a hollywood diner close by.All shopping that we went to was under ten minutes away. The health club was a full size gym with everything you can think of and the pool was on the roof with a beautiful view if the Atlanta skyline. It was cool and a little creepy to take an elevator to the pool. I would mostly come again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lstmintrip
Reviewed November 28, 2008

My friend and I discovered Georgian Terrace Hotel quite by accident. We drove to the Fox Theater to buy tickets, and ended up at this hotel, which is located directly across the street from Fox Theater, to ask for directions. We were blown away by the charm of the lobby, and its architectural distinction. As it was before 4:00 p.m., we were able to cancel our reservation at the Marriott Hotel without penalty, and got well-appointed suites at a very reasonable price at the Georgian Terrace. The staff were very helpful in offering suggestions for area restaurants. Staying at the Georgian Terrace was a delightful experience.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2008

A terrible experience. All I can say...is that with current management and staff...it is ...truely..."Gone with the wind".

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank victoriasecret12
Reviewed November 18, 2008

The only positive that I can say about this hotel is you pay for the history. For what you pay you are paying for the history because you are not paying for the room or the services. The front desk when called from room seem to act as if you are bothering them. You state you are 4 star but you can not get your car brought to you. Do not ask for the valet to be nice they are not. The bell boy when checking in left my luggage at the door and did not offer to take it to my room. I have had better service at a Hampton Inn. The TV in the room was small and the screen was fuzzy. You had no good channels. I was very disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We had a great first impression, as the architecture and decor of the lobby are impressive and beautiful. Also, we were pleased that they gave us an early check-in at 11 AM. The carpet in the hallway on the sixth floor between the elevator and our room was very stained and dirty in several spots. Our room was quaint but not vacuumed, and some of the carpet was torn near the thresholds. Still, we were happy that first day.

During our 3-night stay, an important scheduled call of ours was routed to the wrong room. I was very annoyed when I later discovered that fact from the party whose call I missed. (She was understandably perturbed that I wasn't responding to her vmail message in the meantime.) The static on the phone line was sometimes horrible, which made it difficult to understand the person at the other end.

The "business center" below the lobby has two PC's with free Internet access for guests. One of the computers was busted, so there was almost always a wait to get on the working machine. (So much for "traveling light" & leaving my laptop at home.) We tried to print something, but the printer was busted, too. I told the desk that only one computer was working. Three days later, they still hadn't fixed it.

I eventually realized that our room was a level or two below what we reserved. When I went to the desk to discuss this, I was informed that the sales department had overbooked the hotel by about 40 rooms. Several people, including some very unhappy people in a wedding party, were being sent to other hotels.

They adjusted our bill, but they did not give us any sort of break for misleading us & giving us a lower-quality room than what we reserved. They were evidently not planning to tell us that we were downgraded, and they were going to let us pay the higher rate!

There are no vending machines. If you want ice, you have to call room service. If you want a bottle of Coke (they don't sell Pepsi products), you have to go to the gift shop. Annoyed, I took the elevator six floors down to the gift shop, and they had no Diet Coke. Who doesn't stock Diet Coke? Especially in Atlanta, world headquarters for Coca-Cola! And what hotel doesn't have vending? Or ice for chrissakes?! And because they gave us a room with no fridge (we were supposed to have one) we didn't have the option of stocking our own cold beverages.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ROOM YOU RESERVED--DON'T GET RIPPED OFF! AND BRING YOUR OWN DIET COKE!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuvN2Travl
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I booked a 2/2 suite through Hotels.com in April. Because I was traveling with people I was not related to, I called the hotel directly three times to confirm the suite.
At check-in thefront desk again confirmed the 2/2 suite and said we were the first to arrive for such a suite and would be first on the list because our room was not ready yet. The hotel was sold out, yet there were only 2 employees at the front desk from 2pm to 3pm. It took over 30 min. just to get our keys. When we got to the suite, it was a 2/1. I never got an explanation.
The suite was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. It was the little things that make the four star rating ridiculous. I was never able to get anyone, ever to answer the phone for any service or area of the hotel. You can not call ahead for your car, you have to go down and get in line for it.
When I checked in I was shown the rate that Hotels.com (which the hotel referred to repeatedly as Expedia) paid for the room. It was about $100 less than I paid. I didn't get the room I booked plus Hotels.com charged me $33 for an extra person which the hotel does not charge. Hotels.com's response was to offer me a discount voucher so I could have this happen again. Are they kidding!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends