“A great place to stay especially if you need a large affordable suite”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #19 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our second stay here, and I plan on coming back again someday. The hotel is in a safe area with several good places to eat within 4 blocks. We were exhibiting at a conference and needed a place where 15 people could get together at the end of the day. We had two bedrooms , a full kitchen, two bathrooms, a huge living room, and an entry closet large enough for my nephew (adult) to use as a very small bedroom. The hotel is about a 10 minute ride by car or taxi to the Georgia World Congress Center. The pool on the roof has an awesome view of the city at night.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of the hotel facing Ponce De Leon Ave are noisy because of the traffic stoppin...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
J Mark W, General Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Rick P

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Georgian Terrace Hotel - we sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us!! I also want to thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. We strive to provide an experience full of Southern Charm and Hospitality, and it certainly sounds as though we met your expectations!!

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we do hope you choose The Georgian Terrace Hotel the next time you visit Atlanta!!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

If you're going to a show at the Fox, this is the perfect spot (right across from the theatre)! Courteous staff, clean rooms, and a gorgeous hotel lobby made for a great visit! My only critique might be the high price of parking ($25/night to self park or $30 for valet- yikes!), but I suppose that's an expected trade-off for the sake of a great location! Overall I would happily recommend this hotel and will likely stay again!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear CC_Riggs,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing to stay here with us at The Georgian Terrace Hotel located directly across from the Fabulous Fox Theatre, as well as the wonderful accolades you offered our staff and hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a memorable one full of Southern Charm and Warm Hospitality - Your Home Away from Home!! We are very excited to hear that you had a great stay, and I will be sure to share your sentiments with our Staff.

Thank you again, and we do hope to see you here at The Georgian Terrace the next time you take in a show at the Fox Theatre!!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

To start they sent me an email to see if I had any special request so I told them we need our room early due to getting ready for the play at the Fox guess what it wasn't we had to get dressed in a restroom then we go to eat the brunch at the resturant because we didn't have reservations we would have to set in the bar area that was fine so we walked over there told the lady standing there we need a table for 3 she had us to set down and went back into the resturant came back said they had no room in the dinning room we could set in the bar area oooookkkk I said that's why the other lady sent us over here she said oh you can set anywhere in here (there was no sign to tell us to do that) ate the buffet brunch was good. Then we went to the play was great. Came back checked back in got to the room no luggage no one told me I would have to get the luggage I thought (the way the front desk guy said it) they would deliver them to our room well they don't so l have to go back down to the front desk get the luggage. Warning there is NO refrigerator as much as you pay to stay here. Ok now to the room. The carpet is stained and worned. We had 3 people in the room we only had 2 towels and 2 bath cloths. Talk about going green I feel like that is just stingy. 1 bar of soap. You couldn't control the A/C it was cold and you can here every thing out side all the cars with there radios up. I was so ready to go home I now wished I had of made the 4 hour drive home even though I was sleepy. I was really looking forward to this because this is where the premier party for the opening night for Gone With The Wind. But it let me down big time. And the few times I called and ask somethings I got rude people. 1 time I accidently called room service (meant to call front desk aagain) and he was so rude about me pushing the wrong button I tried to apologized but was hung up on. The only reason I didn't do a worse rating is because of the location right across the street from the Fox.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela W

Dear Pamela W,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We strive to constantly look for ways to improve our service and our hotel in order to provide the absolute best guest experience we can for everyone. The best way to do that is through feedback from our guests - both positive and constructive. In your particular case, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have shared your comments and feedback with our entire management team to ensure they take this opportunity to coach and focus their staff members on the details. I would also like to let you know that we will be starting our room renovations in late September 2014 which will address the issues you had concerning the condition of your guestroom.

Thank you again for staying with us, and I do hope that you do not let this experience, which I can tell you is certainly not the norm, deter you from staying with us again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've read several reviews, many of which are unfavorable, but I didn't see anything that detracted from my recent stay at The Georgian Terrace. I love the history of the hotel, the location across from the historic Fox Theatre, the architecture, comfort and cleanliness of the guest room and each area I visited. The view of Atlanta at night from the upper deck of the over-sized, rooftop pool was like a postcard. Some may balk at the fact there is no complimentary breakfast and parking is $25 a day. However, if you want downtown Atlanta in the heart of it all with vintage character and history look no further than this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Daryl W

Dear Daryl D,

Thank you so very much for staying with us here at The Georgian Terrace, as well as sharing your experience from your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate the accoldaes, and I will be sure to share them with all of our team.

Thank you again, and we do hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta - we want to be your home away from home!!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

nice hotel but they get you on the parking $25 a day. All units have full kitchens which was very nice, but if you want to use it you have to pay a additional $25 for dishes and pan. Service was outstanding very accommodating, friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014
J Mark W, General Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear owen411,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us, as well as sharing your experience from your recent stay here at The Georgian Terrace Hotel. We strive to continually improve our service and property, and the best way to do that is through acting on feedback from our guests - both positive and constructive. I will be sure to share your sentiments wiht our Staff!!

Thank you again, and we hope to see you the next time your travles bring you to Atlanta!!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was hesitant to book from reading reviews, but we absolutely loved our stay! Breathtaking foyer, and the marble staircases remind me of angels wings. Our room was spacious and even had a walk in closet. I am picky about pillows and slept great here. Directly across from the historic Fox Theatre and on the outskirts of Emory. The rooftop pool is huge and kept at a good temperature. The view of the city from the pool area is amazing. They do need bigger towels for the pool area though. The concierge will not steer you wrong on good places to eat. We had breakfast in one of the restaurants and the service and food were great. I do wish they gave info about the parking fees in their profile when booking. I would suggest this for a wedding; we peeked into a ballroom and it was absolutely stunning- like a fairy tale!

Room Tip: Rooms surround the open foyer so if you are afraid of heights ask for a lower level. Noise around el...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maracaj
J Mark W, General Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Maracaj,

I would like to thank you so much for staying with us here at The Georgian Terrace Hotel and sharing your experience from your recent stay - we sincerely appreciate the feedback!! Our goal is to provide an experience filled with warmth, southern hospitality, as well as a home away from home - and the only way we can get this done is through feedback from our guests - both positive and constructive - that allows us to really make an effort to directly impact our guests' experiences.

Again - thank you so very much, and we do hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We started with a small room but the bed was so lumpy and uncomfortable we asked to be moved. They generously gave us a much larger room but the bed was only slightly better. The hotel is clean and attractive and the pictures online accurately represent the rooms and lobby.

self-park in the hotel garage is $25 a day which seems standard for the local area. I'm not sure why but exiting the garage was always slow. It never failed that the person in front of us had difficulty operating the payment machine. The street is not extremely busy but there is a fire station down the street so all four nights sleep were interrupted by sirens. As annoying as that was, I'm not sure that any city hotel would not have the same siren problems.

There are only 2 elevators for the entire hotel so be prepared to wait during the weekend. We chose the hotel because we wanted to be close to Georgia Tech and it was convenient for that purpose.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear AmericanBarby,

I would like to first thank you for choosing to stay with us - we know you have many choices in accommodations in our area - and we thank you for choosing us. Secondly, thank you for sharing your experience. We strive very hard to provide a stay filled with warmth, southern hospitality, and a feeling of having a home away from home. The only way we can achieve this is through direct feedback - both positive and constructive - from our most important partners - our guests. We sincerely appreciate it!!

Thank you again for your feedback, and we do hope that you choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Yours in Hospitality,