“Very comfortable, convenient location”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #19 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice, and both times we had our young son with us. The reason we picked this is because of the suites. I like having a separate room for the little one so he can sleep while my husband and I can stay up watching movies.

The hotel itself is well taken care of. It's got gorgeous staircases and a very unique ballroom. I like the charm of it being such an old hotel and it's well maintained. The pool on the roof is pretty awesome and the views from there are spectacular. The work out rooms are pretty nice as well.

The only bad thing is that you have a full kitchen with stove and dishwasher, but not a single plate, fork, spoon or pots. The kitchen is completely empty and kind of useless. Also, both times that we've been there we did not get the renovated rooms so the furniture was a little shabby, but not horribly so.

The beds were very nice and comfortable. I loved that there was a washer and dryer in the room. All in all, we'd probably stay here again the next time we're in Atlanta.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me begin by stating the first time that I stayed at the Georgian was one of my best experiences however this past weekend was a nightmare. To begin with the front desk people were just not welcoming and not at all helpful, this may have been because they were overwhelmed as they had about four weddings going on and only one of the main elevators along with the service elevator was working.

Once we finally got our room which was one of their premier Suites on the 15th Floor, upon opening the door we were immediately greeted by a strong smell of smoke throughout the room, my wife immediately called housekeeping to notify them. When housekeeping arrived, they sprayed some our freshener in vents and on the floor and left, this did nothing for the odor, which was stronger in the bathroom and bedroom. I have asthma and found it extremely difficult to rest in this room. The décor of the room reminded us of a motel 6 or some other budget motel, worn out, ugly and not tastefully done at all.

Next we noticed that the walls in the bedroom were covered with dirty smudges, not just small one but large ones as if someone had smeared dirt on their hands and rubbed the walls over a period of time, it was really filthy.

Since we were in town just for the night to see the show at the Fox theatre, we decided to just leave the room for the day and return to change clothes and sleep that night.

We notified the front desk of the issues, when we left that day and the next day at check out, and no one really seemed to be concerned.

The Television in the front room of the suite did not work, only three channels would show, and they were scrambled.

This was a terrible stay and not the standard that I have come to expect from the Georgian, I don't know if they are under new management or what, but this is not an experience that I would like again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elvin T
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is an old, historic hotel in Midtown Atlanta -- with a convenient location for many activities. Like many city hotels, parking is hard to come by and the hotel takes advantage, charging $35 daily. The valet staff were friendly and brought the car multiple times in a day -- and of course, expecting a tip each time. We stayed two nights in a double room -- with a sort of industrial view of rooftop AC units from the room. Nothing noteworthy. The TV in the room did not work, the security deadbolt lock on the door was broken and despite the staff's repair efforts we were left with no TV. There were no pillowcases on the pillows -- just decorative shams. And one bed, though made up, had obviously been slept in before. The carpet was dirty and there were not enough towels in the bathroom. If all of these negatives were corrected, the old school hotel would be OK, but pricey for the quality. Rooms on the second floor are subject to lobby and street noise.

Room Tip: Inspect the room's amenities as soon as you arrive -- if anything is not right, complain to the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gordon L
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I first arrived to this hotel I was impressed with it from the outside.

When I came to check in not so much. The gentleman on the reception was far from welcoming bordering on being rude.

The lifts were out of order as there must have been renovations and only was only working with a service lift. This took about 5 minutes to arrive.

When I eventually found my room which was difficult to locate - it, to be fair was impressive. Perhaps the only disappointing thing was there was no bath.

Having to pay $25 extra was a kick in the teeth too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bgc1968
GeorgianTerraceRep, Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address the areas that we fell short and prevent such service failures reoccurring in the future. We are renovating our elevator so please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused during this time. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. The rooms are like small apartments equipped with kitchens, separate bedrooms and washer/dryers. The hotel itself is a landmark. It's well kept and upscale. The doormen are very nice and professional. We had drinks and appetizers at P&P in the hotel. While I don't understand the whole "mixologist" versus bartender, I have to say I don't get the 15 ingredient drinks (slight exaggeration). The staff was very nice and accommodating and the appetizers were great. Drinks were a little pricey. The hotel didn't seem to be close to much and we found ourselves walking a lot. We spent more time away from the hotel. However, the area the hotel is in seemed extremely safe and quiet. With such a large room, we were able to really spread out and felt very "at home" all weekend. The price of the hotel made it even a better stay for us. I'd definitely return and would highly recommend for business travel, people on extended stays and families.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

When I walked into the Georgian Terrace I was impressed by its modernity, cleanliness and style. The front desk and staff are kind and helpful. The penthouse gym is lovely. The room I stayed in was large but was so put of date and shabby I was shocked. There were cheap mini blinds, torn drapes and old worn bedding (sheets on top looked new). Although the room was clean I the stark contrast from the lobby and downstairs bar and restaurant is shocking. Again I cannot say enough about the staff.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with our team here at the Georgian Terrace. Because we are a historic property, we rely heavily on guests like you to help us determine the improvements we'll be making to the property during renovation periods. We have undergone a few so far, and will continue with improvements in various spaces in the future. That said, we are definitely always working to better the amenities and cultivate a more positive experience for our visitors. The suggested adjustments have been noted and added to our renovations.
We hope that you'll be willing to come back for another visit, and see that your recommendations have been applied! Thank you again; we would love to see you for a return trip.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Cirumstances beyond my control nearly caused me to cancel 10 nights here at the Georgian Terrace. Thanks to the caring and impecable service of only ONE representative out of the few that I talked to my stay converted from a disaster to a comfortable home away from home. I was travelling on business and want to say thank you so much to the amazing service of Fojan for making it possible for me to bring my family, including my 16 month old baby, to Atlanta so I didn't have to go a full two weeks away from her. If it wasn't for the care of Fojan I would have cancelled my 10 nights here and moved to any other hotel I could have found. Fojan took the time to listen to me, care about what I needed, and strive to do everything she could to make my stay as close to home as possible. This is a beautiful, elegant, historic hotel... one day when everyone's service matches that of Fojan, it will be the best hotel Georgia has to offer.

Room Tip: Full size beds are comfortable but very small... if you can help it get a bigger room and bed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael H

We really appreciate your nice review of the Georgian Terrace! Your thorough compliments and detailed comments on the condition of the property give other readers a great visual for imagining what a stay would be like here. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time you travel to Atlanta, and thank you again for the kind words!