The Georgian Terrace Hotel
$92
  • Room Service
$118
1,933 results
All reviewsfox theaterrooftop poolfull kitchenlivingston restaurantwasher and dryerthe penthousebedroom suitedirectly across the streetroom servicepeachtree streetsouthern hospitalitygeorgia techvalet parkingself parkmarta stationweddingmidtown
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel has a lot of charm. My husband and I decided to spent valentines night at the Georgian and I was very impressed. Not only are the staff friendly and attentive but they were very knowledgeable about the restaurants and sites in the area. The concierge is fantastic. We had reserved a standard room but Ivy at the Front Desk kindly gave us a complimentary upgrade because she thought the standard room would be too small for us. We dined at the Livingston and it was one of the best meals we have had in a while. Too bad we didn't get to see the pool area as it as too cold up on the roof.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had to give the beautiful Georgian Terrace 3 stars because for the price some things should have been much better. What I liked about it, was excellent and friendly service by bellman, beautiful lobby, nice pub and restaurant, SUPER comfy beds, good location, large room (2 bed 1 bath). The issues I had were: I booked the two bedroom two bath and was told at check In they didn't have it and said we could have a 2 bed 1 bath and did it offer any apologies for it. The room is very dated, peeling wall paper, banged up furniture, old appliances in kitchen. Issues with no hot water in shower after someone else had only showered for like 10 minutes, no supplies in kitchen at all which makes it kind of useless. Hair dryer would constantly shut off... Understand it is a historical building but no hot water or working blow dryer can make it difficult to get ready! Overall it was a nice stay but if I am going to spend that much money I would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Lovetogo976
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with our team here at the Georgian Terrace. Because we are a historic property, we rely heavily on guests like you to help us determine the improvements we'll be making to the property during renovation periods. We have undergone a few so far, and will continue with improvements in various spaces in the future. That said, we are definitely always working to better the amenities and cultivate a more positive experience for our visitors. The suggested adjustments have been noted and added to our renovations.
We hope that you'll be willing to come back for another visit, and see that your recommendations have been applied! Thank you again; we would love to see you for a return trip.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although the hotel is beautiful, the desk staff and ones on the phone are idiots. The door men were fabulous though. We stayed there for a wedding and they took 2 hours before they would let the bride go to her room because her father was paying and he wasn't there. After two hours of her in tears at the counter trying to get some way to verify his credit card, I asked if someone else could supply their card just for the time being and they said "oh sure". That couldn't have been thought of hours earlier? Our room had a full kitchen but no cups, dishes or silverware. Even the penthouse had very little in the kitchen. Each time I called the hotel, whoever answered was rude, unprofessional and clueless. It is certainly bad management to let people like this be the "face" of this lovely hotel. Parking should be free for guests. You pay enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelingmurphy

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address the areas that we fell short and prevent such service failures reoccurring in the future. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you were caused. We consider it a privilege whenever a couple decides to share their special day with us and delaying the brides check in due to credit issues could have been avoided in this situation. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was told the room price which was fine plus a 75 dollar incidental fee which is refundable also fine. When I checked my credit card I find out they charged 75 $ a night incidental fee when I asked them they said I was told that when I checked in that was a lie they told me it was a 75$ fee not 75$ a night so it left me real short on money! So if u stay there for a week make sure u have plenty of extra money on ur card because there gonna hold the room price plus 525$! I've stayed at a lot of hotels and have never heard of anything as crazy as this! Very pissed off! They will Nvr get another dime from me an I plan to start an Internet slander campaign as soon as I get home!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Vince C
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The rooms are smaller than Japanese hotels. As I lay in bed I can turn the doorknob. Really. No desk, 2 outlets both completely full, no place to put a suitcase and not very clean. The phone didn't work, the heater barely worked and the front desk was surly. If all you need is a bed in Midtown it might be OK.

Room Tip: According to the desk you have two choices: a "standard" room which is more like a closet or a 3 room suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your most recent visit. Our room sizes range from 220 square feet to 2,718 square feet. We pride ourselves in having the widest range of options of any hotel in Atlanta. Our guests may choose from one, two or three spacious bedroom suites. Unfortunately you reserved our petite standard room which is a great value for the single overnight traveler but was obviously not ideal for this visit. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that on your return visit you get the opportunity to experience one of our larger suites.