“Wonderful hotel”

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'm a palywright and one of my plays opened in Atlanta so I had to go there and I reserached and decided to book a room at this hotel and am I glad I did! A few days bedfore my trip I called and said that I wanted a small terrace rooma nd they accomodated me at no extra charge. It's one of th ef ew hotels where I was able to sleep the first night I was there. The place was clean and the service was impeccable. The hotel itself had tons of charm and history. I had breakfast in the restaurant almost daily and it was really good. I would stay here again if I liked Atlanta which I do not. But the stay at the Georgian Terrace was delightful and I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
GTManager, Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Playwrightmajic,

We are so honored that you chose our hotel for your stay! Congratulations on your play! It is unfortunate that the city does not appeal to you, but if you find yourself back in Atlanta, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will do our best to re-introduce the wonderful aspects that you may not have found hidden in our city. Thank you once again, for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again.

Brianna Salomon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

Reviewed July 27, 2011

The Georgian Terrace is a nice hotel. The roof top pool is amazing. The rooms are okay but need some renovating. The customer service was excellent at the front desk. Only two complaints was that there were no hand towels or bath mat in the room and we ordered room service and they bellman said that they were out of wheat toast, so he substituted rye. I hate rye! He said he tried to call back but no answer. I never left he room, phone never rang. Other than that, I would recommend the hotel for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Flashmoose,

Thank you for your great review on our hotel! We appreciate you sharing your experience. We're thrilled to have started our renovation process and hope that you'll be back to visit when the rooms are complete! From what it sounds like, the incredibly busy weekend had our washing machines running full time - I am sorry to hear you were not equipped with the proper towels or a full room service menu. We will be sure to make sure our staff is asking questions about your preferences before they serve you and other guests. Thank you for helping us grow in a positive direction. We look forward to having you back again - please let us know when you'll be back and we'll be sure to take good care of you!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Georgian Terrace because of business meeting and was so happy I chose this hotel. It's a historical hotel in a great location. The employees of the hotel went out of their way to make sure that I had what I needed while I was at the hotel. It was a fabulous experience! The rooms could use some updating but it's still worth the money I paid.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

silversister925,

Well thank you so much for choosing us! We appreciate you sharing your travel experience to the Atlanta area! We've officially started our renovation and we can't wait to have you back when the renovations are complete. Thanks again for sharing, and come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was a part of the bridal shower planning team for my soon to be sister-in-law. The entire bridal party had been looking forward to this evening & we immediately agreed that the Georgian Terrace Hotel would be the perfect place to host this event. Boy, were we wrong. The reservations were made MONTHS in advance. The hostesses arrived at 4:30 and the event was scheduled to begin at 7:30. We figured 3 hours would be PLENTY of time to get everything set up & ready for the bride to be. Upon arrival, we were told that our room was "no longer available b/c the AC was out." We were never notified and when we went by the 2 bedroom suite to see for ourselves, the suite was occupied!!!! The staff seemed very unmoved by our circumstance and tried to offer us a lesser room, which was not even comparable to our originally reserved room. The customer service was poor, although Ivy was helpful in walking us to another hotel. This entire process took over 2 hours and we ended up having to call all of our guests to advise that not only had the time changed, but the location as well. This is definitely the worst experience I've had with a hotel. I will never attempt to stay here again and will most definitely not be referring them to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sokari4ever
GTManager, Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

sokari4ever,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is extremely unfortunate that you felt so disregarded by the staff. Our front desk associates as well as Ivy want nothing more than to treat you as if you were in their own home.
Under adverse circumstances, maintenance issues do occur and we appreciate your understanding of the air-conditioning matter. The last thing we want is for our guests to be in an uncomfortable room, particularly in the summer heat. Having worked in the hotel industry, we appreciate that you and the other hostesses were able to be sympathetic to the circumstance of having an unusable room. The system we have does not allow us to check more than one guest name in at a time, so the occupied guest room that you would have seen was most likely not intended for you. We would not place them in that room if the air-conditioning was not working.
Ivy offered your group a suite with the same amount of bedrooms but without a kitchen, and offered to compensate your room in full so you would not be charged. We completely understand that you were hoping to have a kitchen. Ivy and our front desk staff did everything in their power to find you the exact room you were looking for and made calls to every hotel throughout the neighborhood. She then walked you to the only hotel that had a similar room available. She fully paid for you and your guests’ room at a 5-star-hotel, hoping that you would feel taken care of. The hotel has a strict policy regarding private parties in our suites. Therefore, the Sales Team is here to facilitate and coordinate the details of your event.
We are also concerned that you felt our customer service was not up to par. We are thoroughly apologetic that you feel that your needs were not met. We want to learn from our misjudgments & strive to grow towards perfection in the future. Thank you again for sharing this with us.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

A girls trip to atlanta at the Georgian Terrace in a 3 bedroom suite sounds exciting huh....not. The hotel was just ok. The room looked terrible and not worth the money spent at all everything was outdated and although i didn't have any customer service issues more than one of my friends who were traveling with me complained about the front desk service repeatedly. You would expect that a room with a kitchen would at least have forks and spoons for use but we were told that would come with an extra fee. The kitchen, bathroom and rooms and all the furniture was worn and outdated, i expected so much more. The bellhops were the best and always greeted us with a smile and asked how we were doing, I appreciated that. This area is also overwhelmingly flooded with male prostitutes dressed as women (crazy right). They didn't bother us and we didn't bother them but it was a little shocking. I'm not sheltered but geesh i thought this was a nice area. Please don't believe the picture that they have up about the pool, it looks nothing like that and due to an over infestation of these little black lady bug looking creatures we had to cut the pool stay short, i just couldn't do it. These bugs wouldn't even leave when you waived them away and there was sooooo many of them EVERYWHERE. All in all for the money spent the quality didn't match AT ALL.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
GTManager, Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

niecymac,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We appreciate when our guests share their experiences because it helps us grow in a more positive way, and aids us in improving our guests trip.
We are so glad that you received quality service from our staff - we take a lot of pride in the standard we hold here, and our employees make us proud!
We are a historic hotel, and have to be very cautious to preserve some the beautiful aspects of the architecture before we modernize the structure. With that said, we have been eagerly awaiting an approval for a room renovation this year, and we hope to upgrade our room design very soon.
Midtown Atlanta is a very eclectic, up and coming area and daily there are improvements. Of course it can be difficult to control certain aspects of the location, but all in all, it truly is a friendly and beautifully diverse neighborhood. It is unlike many other neighborhoods in the city, and hope that you and your friends were able to experience the hospitable residents and businesses.
Thank you once again for your review, and we hope that you'll be back soon to visit us after our renovations are underway!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

As far as hotels in Atlanta go this is in a pretty nice area as the Fox Theatre is directly opposite and there are actually people in the street. The downside of this is that parking is very expensive ($25 to self park, $30 for valet). The hotel is nice and clean if a bit dated, but the lobby is pretty cool with like a 15-storey atrium. The rooms are small and I think I remember the aircon being noisy. The rooftop pool terrace is great with views over the whole city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

David,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We always appreciate when guests share their travel stories. Both the positive and opportunities for growth help us to better our guest experience!
We're thrilled that you loved the location and the views - these qualities are becoming harder and harder to find in the city.
As far as parking, the Midtown Atlanta area is becoming much like London or other major cities. In order for us to keep up in the area, we have to keep parking at a calculated market percentage, but we will do our best in the future to improve that aspect. We have been eagerly awaiting an approval for a room renovation this year, and we hope to upgrade our room design very soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

This hotel has a gloried history and is located on the southern end of midtown, ideal location for exploring the best of Atlanta, many cultural and restaurant options within walking distance.

Quality of rooms is varied but the overall architectural structure of the hotel is impressive.

The midtown area is inhabited by thousands of young professionals and students. This is one of the best places to live in the Southeast.

Special thanks to front-desk clerk Morgan, she went beyond the call of duty to meet my room requirements.

• Stayed: July 2011
GTManager, Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

maineman47,

It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Midtown, Atlanta! We're pleased that Morgan gave you such excellent service - we take a lot of pride in our staff and the service they provide. Midtown is a very interesting part of our city and surprisingly has a lot of history, even though the rebuild of our city happened almost 150 years ago. This is our 100th Anniversary year, and we have lots of events planned in celebration! Please come back again soon and join us in our festivities!