“Overnight in Atlanta”

Ranked #91 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Castries, St. Lucia
“Overnight in Atlanta”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

There are so many choices of Hotels in the airport area, however Hilton Atlanta Airport won me over because of their restaurant choices, room service option, proximity to the airport and great reviews on TA. We arrived at the international terminal and took the airport shuttle to the domestic terminal in order to get the free shuttle to the hotel.We arrived well after 9pm so check in was quick. We booked a king corner room which was very spacious and clean. The hotel is very modern and contemporary in design. Bed was very comfy and bathroom sufficient. There's a mini fridge and coffee station(only plastic cups provided). Had a quick dinner at Finish Line and our server Dajuan was very polite and helpful. Meal was just OK; we shared the ribs and fries and the portion was huge. We ordered room service for breakfast which was expensive and took 45 mins to arrive; so if you're in a hurry the restaurant would be a better bet (i'm guessing). Since our flight was later in the afternoon, we checked out, left our luggage at Concierge, took the hotel shuttle to the airport where wey boarded the Marta to Lenox Square. Generally, everyone at this hotel was friendly and the facilities were more than adequate. Would most def return if we were to visit Atlanta in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
USA
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel staff often makes or breaks a guest’s experience. The team at this Hilton is providing service at its finest. From the airport shuttle driver, to the porter, to staff for room service and housekeeping, personnel in all departments are exceptionally friendly and attentive. We arrived at the hotel before lunch and were prepared to accept that our room was not ready. We were so thankful when they offered a complimentary upgrade to an available corner suite. The room was very spacious, the bathroom large, the working area well lit and the 2 chaises comfortable. We were there less than 24 hours, but in the future will plan to stay at this hotel again. Let me also recognize the shuttle driver who had backed out of his parking space and was preparing to leave the airport when he noticed me waiving a newspaper. He immediately returned to the parking spot and jumped out to load our bags when he could have easily kept going and allowed us to catch the next round.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very large.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at the Hilton by the Atlanta airport for a quick getaway for the night.The hotel is lovely. I could not believe how nice it was for a hotel by the airport.There is a restaurant on site and a bar.Check-in was nice although the person at the front desk did not really tell us about what was offered at the hotel.

We arrived at the room and it was VERY nice.It looks as if it has been recently updated.Our room was facing the airport so my kids could see the planes taking off!
The room did not have a remote so I went downstairs and asked for one.The guy at the front desk acted as if I was bothering him.I can say however that the remote was brought up promptly.Overall I would stay here again because it is very nice.The front desk just needs to be more attentive.
The location was okay,but if you don't Valet it is a pain to lug everything from the parking lot in the back.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Typical Hilton standard, the executive room that I staid in was very nice and large, coffee machine in the room and access to the Executive Lounge with decent breakfast. Good shuttle connection to the airport domestic terminal. Overall good and solid stay.
I am still disappointed by the fact though, that despite paying around $180 for an executive room, I had to pay extra for Internet... $10 per day and device (note that this means $20, if you use laptop and iPad) - which I can't believe to still happen in the 21st century (and Hilton's standard explanation, that these fees don't apply in the lobby or if you are a HHonors Gold guest , just doesn't work for me, sorry!).

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while on the road. Our room was great and I wish we were there longer. The service from the valet and bellman was excellent as well. The restaurants are open to ten, but there is a sports bar with sandwiches, etc that is open late. It was perfect as we arrived late. The food and service were very good. The only negative is parking is somewhat expensive, $18 for valet and $12 for self park. Also we use the executive lounge and the breakfast was not great, only continental. But we would stay there again because of the room and service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 20, 2013

There was a queue to check into the hotel early in the morning when I arrived at 7am. I had pre-booked the night so that I could be assured the room after arriving on a red-eye flight. The reception was manned by only one staff, so you can imagine that the queue was rather long.

Room was large and the bed was comfortable and clean. It was also pleasantly designed with some nice prints on the wall. The Coffee maker in the room with Lavazza coffee from Italy was a pleasant surprise.

Got a corner room which was quite a walk from the elevators, but the room was large, clean and quiet - see photos attached. The bathroom was well fitted out and tastefully done. I liked the design.

Worked out in the gym and found it well equipped. About 12 pieces of cardio equipment, some weight equipment and a Precor multi-station gym.

Fast internet in the hotel, which is always very important to me.

Had a chance to get into the Executive Lounge for breakfast. The breakfast was complete with oatmeal, cereal, hardboiled eggs, juice...Oatmeal was well cooked and it was a real treat.

Overall, pleasant stay aside from the hiccup at the check in.

Please indicate if you found this review helpful. Thanks.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room if you can. It's a walk, but very quiet.
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dover C
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a work conference. The conference amenities were fantastic...breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all provided snacks. My room was in fantastic shape, except the bathroom was not properly cleaned before I arrived. The linens had been replaced but there was hair in the tub and some residue where a shampoo bottle probably set, and there was a QTip under the sink. Our group was fairly large and needed an early check-in, so I think that they probably just rushed too quickly to clean my room. The front desk was happy to have the problem fixed right away. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
The Westin Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#106 of 171 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!