“good hotel near airport”

Hilton Atlanta Airport
Ranked #91 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We overnighted at the Atlanta Hilton to catch an early morning flight.

The shuttle was convenient.

We luckily arrived just before a large group. My check-in was quick, but the line behind us was slow for about the next hour and a half.

We were upgraded to an executive level room as Hilton Gold which allowed us access to the lounge. The breakfast was limited but adequate.

The room was comfortable.

We ate in the restaurant in the lobby. The margarita pizza was really good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Atlanta Airport

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Checked in late in order to be there for an early flight out the next a.m. Check in line was ridiculous, as apparently several stranded air passengers has just arrived. Once we finally made it to the desk, the guy working barely spoke English & kept mumbling. I had to tell him 3 times that we had reserved the park & ride rate, and he still kept quoting parking prices. Once we got to the room, we were in a large corner room. Spacious & clean, although you could definitely hear noise from other guests. The breakfast buffet was about what you'd expect, and the shuttle driver was very friendly on the ride or dropping us off as far as possible from our location. Would probably return, as I'm a Hilton fan, but not too impressed by this stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

TDear kkgant,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your input on our guestrooms and we will use your comments on our service as we constantly work to improve our guests' experience.
We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you travel out of Atlanta so we may show you an improved quality stay.

David Piscola

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Close to the airport with shuttle pickup and dropoff ....perfect for an overnite or company meeting.
They have plenty of large and small banquet rooms allowing any size business to have a great place that is convenient to a large major airport.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Okay, so I may have walked into the Airport Hilton with a bit of an attitude after having my flight cancelled, but we (all 50 of us from the flight) arrived to see the Bride and Groom checking in - tacky. All that were left were smoking rooms - ugghhh - the reception party sounded like it happening right outside my door and every time the guy next door went to go pee - I could hear it. On less than 3 hours sleep in order to meet my departing flight in the morning - the hair dryer didn't work - I really just wanted to be home at this point. My opinion may be skewed - but I really didn't like this hotel.

They were able to push all 50 of us through the check in process in less then half an hour - that was pretty good. -

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear SkifferNJ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration at having been bumped from your flight. At the Hotel we take pride in turning those situations around for our travelers. I am sorry that for this stay we were unsuccessful.

We look forward to having you a guest under better circumstances so you can experience our normal high level of service

David Piscola

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I ended up here last-minute earlier this week due to weather messing with my flights, and I am almost a little bummed out I couldn't stay longer! I got there after midnight and check-in was very speedy. I had a mini-suite on a corner - it was fantastic. Very nicely decorated, spacious, quiet, and most importantly - the bed was so comfortable. Even better, though, was the bathroom - it was HUGE, and the shower was amazing. Best I've ever seen in a business hotel. (No tub, but you could have fit several people in this shower with room to spare.)

It's very close to ATL and a short drive into the city and beyond. I will definitely return here when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Mini-suites on the corner are fantastic!
Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a business traveler, I stay in a lot of chain hotels, and don't usually take the time to review them as -- for the most part -- they're all the same. This time I just had to slip in a review.

I was unexpectedly stuck in transit at Atlanta Airport thanks to thunderstorms, and immediately called my first-choice chain hotel (Hilton) for a room. Shuttle pickup was prompt. Grumpy as I was, in need of clean underwear and toiletries, I cheered up as soon as I walked in the gleaming lobby and got a rapid check-in. Yes, it's a standard Hilton hotel -- meaning assuredly comfortable beds and reliable amenities -- but what made this hotel stand out was the very light meal I had down in their restaurant, Andiamo. I had already eaten a meal in the airport, but was still a bit hungry, so I headed down to the Andiamo bar. Ordered a cocktail and soup from the tempting Italian menu. "Beans and greens", with cannellini beans and chard. Now, for some people, that might seem like an unappetizing choice for a meal.

But wow, I was in heaven. Delicately flavored, perfectly seasoned -- just a big surprise. I was so sorry that I didn't have the appetite to eat a full meal there.

I've eaten full dinners at other Hilton restaurants where the meals were fine, but not something I'd get rapturous about. This simple soup course left me astonished. I felt as if I were in Italy.

And breakfast the next morning, with eggs Benedict, was also a standout.

Next time i get stuck in Atlanta airport, I know exactly where I'm staying. And I'm bringing my appetite.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Everything is great with this hotel so far. Nice check in experience with Khanh. Nice, clean room. Spacious with lots of room. Everything I would want in a hotel. Executive level is nice. The lady working (did not get her name) in the Executive Lounge was super friendly. Enjoyed the TV show, a soda, and some popcorn.

Room Tip: I recommend the Executive Lounge!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
The Westin Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#100 of 172 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!